Автор Тема: Знаете ли вы...  (Прочитано 37698 раз)

Оффлайн Ann

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
Re: Знаете ли вы...
« Ответ #133 : 26 февраля 2019, 00:37:53 »
 DAS:   " Ann, it depends on how this idea will be realised and whether the population of the town is overall sad or not. However, deliberately going to such centres in order to have "a quick laugh" is not my cup of tea, as I prefer spontaneous conversational humour."

I'm driving at another idea, Das! We' ve got a great number of nice jokes in "The Art of Communication" book. Why can't we use them, say, on April's Fool day by taking the guys to the "Комната общения" аnd having a good time by reading them and enjoying?

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #132 : 01 февраля 2019, 08:38:41 »
" Professor of psychology  John Atkins suggests  "Laughter Centres" shoulld be organised in every town."

Do you like this idea, DAS and ASDFG?

Ann, it depends on how this idea will be realised and whether the population of the town is overall sad or not. However, deliberately going to such centres in order to have "a quick laugh" is not my cup of tea, as I prefer spontaneous conversational humour.

Оффлайн Ann

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #131 : 01 февраля 2019, 02:08:22 »
" Professor of psychology  John Atkins suggests  "Laughter Centres" shoulld be organised in every town."

Do you like this idea, DAS and ASDFG?

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #130 : 27 января 2019, 10:53:42 »
     Stress-worrying is our biggest problem today. Jokes and laughter are important and good for us.
     Professor of psychology  John Atkins suggests  "Laughter Centres" shoulld be organised in every town. A Laughter Centre, he explains, is a place where people can go and tell jokes to each other. We  need to laugh more - if you visit a Laughter Centre at lunch time, for example, you'll feel better for the rest of the day.

There are many nice jokes and funny pictires  in The Art of Communication. Do you remember, DAS?

Ann, oh yes, I do! We will work on these jokes from time to time. I agree, laughter is essential for everybody. It prolongs people's life span.

Оффлайн Ann

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #129 : 25 января 2019, 22:53:17 »
     Stress-worrying is our biggest problem today. Jokes and laughter are important and good for us.
     Professor of psychology  John Atkins suggests  "Laughter Centres" shoulld be organised in every town. A Laughter Centre, he explains, is a place where people can go and tell jokes to each other. We  need to laugh more - if you visit a Laughter Centre at lunch time, for example, you'll feel better for the rest of the day.

There are many nice jokes and funny pictires  in The Art of Communication. Do you remember, DAS?

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #128 : 28 ноября 2018, 10:00:13 »
     "Many times when people make a big mess of things if we can keep still long enough they usually wipe it up themselves". Doctor Parker.

Sometimes they don't, however.

Оффлайн Ann

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #127 : 26 ноября 2018, 23:35:18 »
     "Many times when people make a big mess of things if we can keep still long enough they usually wipe it up themselves". Doctor Parker.

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #126 : 21 ноября 2018, 10:41:28 »
     You don't agree, do you?

I do.

Оффлайн Ann

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #125 : 20 ноября 2018, 01:29:33 »
  "Most people are good at the things they attempt to do alone. Few are successful doing a good job in working with other  people",  -  Doctor Parker.
     You don't agree, do you?

Оффлайн Ann

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #124 : 06 ноября 2018, 00:42:33 »
  "Most people are good at the things they attempt to do alone. Few are successful doing a good job in working with other  people",  -  Doctor Parker.

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #123 : 31 октября 2018, 18:05:08 »
     I like the expression handling people. I don't know if  there is a proper expression in Russian. Is there? I've never found the one.
     Do you know that the ability to handle people is considered  (by some psychologists)  to be three fourths of people's success?

Ann, yes. I've heard about it. And the last fourth refers to one's professional skills.

Оффлайн Ann

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #122 : 28 октября 2018, 16:45:42 »
     I like the expression handling people. I don't know if  there is a proper expression in Russian. Is there? I've never found the one.
     Do you know that the ability to handle people is considered  (by some psychologists)  to be three fourths of people's success?

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #121 : 18 октября 2018, 21:02:13 »
     Use the vocabulary of the book in our life situations. Do they say good bye to you and thank you for the lesson? Do they wish you happy weekend ? Do they apologize if something goes wrong?  Do they ask you for any favors? Do they.......?

Ann, I got the point, I'll put your words into action!

Оффлайн Ann

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #120 : 18 октября 2018, 00:51:08 »
      Ann, I used it at lessons sometimes but, unfortunately, the book is thin and it will come to an end in no time if uses more often. But it is impossible to disagree that it helps to improve essential skills for life.

Use the vocabulary of the book in our life situations. Do they say good bye to you and thank you for the lesson? Do they wish you happy weekend ? Do they apologize if something goes wrong?  Do they ask you for any favors? Do they.......?

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #119 : 17 октября 2018, 20:46:14 »
     To DAS.
     I do stick to it and hope that our Art of Communucation will help us if you use it.

Ann, I used it at lessons sometimes but, unfortunately, the books is thin and it will come to an end in no time if uses more often. But it is impossible to disagree that it helps to improve essential skills for life.