Автор Тема: My attitude towards the school uniform  (Прочитано 2390 раз)

Оффлайн Nicksuperrocker

• Rock'n'Roll Forever
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
My attitude towards the school uniform
« Ответ #1 : 01 февраля 2016, 17:08:30 »
                                                                School uniform: for or against?
 Over hundreds of years schools have introduced many peculiar inventions, from twigs sopped in salted water, to standard-based uniform for both boys and girls. Today I would like to offer you my reasonings concerning the issue of wearing this very uniform, for this subject is still a good reason for debates.
     I can remember neither the school that presented it to public for the very first time, nor the country where this establishment was located. But one thing is certain: the other schools in the area adopted this idea as well, and it began thriving with an incredible speed, and nowadays the school uniform is considered very prestigious. This had certain advantages. For instance, if you study at school where wearing the uniform is obligatory, you are free from making a choice between your overwhelming* amount of garments. Also, those wearing uniform shall be treated equally, and it is essential for every human not to think low of himself.
    Clearly, a lot of individuals liked this idea, but many never means everyone. It's necessary to mention that this concept  was not non-controversial. Many colleges and lyceums hesitated to discuss this topic, while others expressed their objections, saying that this school uniform is an affront to student's feelings. You might agree with this statement. Imagine you joined the military. You, of course, will have some benefits , but you will run up against the same situation. By putting on this "camouflage", you are becoming one of the many. This is also similar to being one of a gigantic pile of vacuum cleaners, all made using a single blueprint. Also, and I may be wrong, the tutors might encounter some problems endeavouring to recognise the students, because they are all wearing the same clothes! I think the pro side doesn't have the upper hand. I'm presuming my arguments are well substanciated.
     My verdict: the school uniform to me is senseless, absurd and doesn't contribute to education at all.

*That's sarcasm, of course=)