Автор Тема: Halloween Stories  (Прочитано 12075 раз)

Оффлайн Sergevna

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
Re: Halloween Stories
« Ответ #37 : 26 октября 2015, 20:57:19 »
The Trip to the Brocken, Germany (fairy tale)

Once upon a time there was a young man who was engaged to marry a pretty girl. After a while the bridegroom-to-be became suspicious of his fiancée and her mother. You see, they were both witches.

The day came when witches go the Brocken, and the two women climbed into the hayloft, took a small glass, drank from it, and suddenly disappeared. The bridegroom-to-be, who had sneaked after them and observed them, was tempted to take a swallow from the glass. He picked it up and sipped a little from it, and suddenly he was on the Brocken, where he saw how his fiancée and her mother were carrying on with the witches, who were dancing around the devil, who was standing in their midst.

After the dance was ended, the devil commanded everyone to take her glass and drink, and immediately afterward they all flew off in the four directions of the wind. The bridegroom-to-be, however, stood there all soul alone on the Brocken, and freezing, for it was a cold night. He hadn't brought a glass with him, so he had to return on foot. Halloween Stories

After a long, difficult hike he finally came to his fiancée's. However, she was very angry, and her mother scolded him as well, for having drunk from the glass. Mother and daughter finally agreed to turn the bridegroom-to-be into a donkey, and that is what happened.

The poor bridegroom-to-be was now a donkey, and he plodded unhappily from one house to the next, crying a sad 'ee-ah, ee-ah.' A man felt sorry for the donkey, took him into his stall, and gave him some hay. But understandably the donkey did not want to eat, and was driven from the stall with blows.

After wandering about for a long time, long-ears finally came back to the house of his fiancée, the witch, and he cried out pitifully. The fiancée saw her former bridegroom-to-be, standing there before her door as a donkey with bowed head and ears hanging down.

She regretted what she had done and said to the donkey, 'I will help you, but you must do what I tell you. At a child's baptism, place yourself before the church door and let the baptismal water be poured over your back, and then you will be transformed back into a human.'

The donkey followed his fiancée's advice. The next Sunday, a child was baptized, and the donkey placed himself before the church door. When the baptismal service was over, the sexton wanted to pour out the baptismal water, but the donkey was standing in his way.

'Go on, you old donkey!' said the sexton, but the donkey did not yield. Then the sexton became angry and poured the water over the animal's back.

Now the donkey was redeemed and was transformed back into a man. He hurried to his fiancée, married her, and lived happily with her from that time forth.

Оффлайн Sergevna

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #36 : 26 октября 2015, 20:54:32 »
Halloween Skeleton for the DoctorHalloween Skeleton Story

An intern was sent to collect a new skeleton from the central store.  When he arrived at the consultant surgeon's office there was already a queue of patients waiting.  As the intern wrestled the skeleton through the outside door he became aware of people gazing at him enquiringly.

He gave them a smile and said, 'I am bringing him to the doctor.'

An old lady said sympathetically, 'My dear! Isn't he a bit late for the doctor?'

Оффлайн Sergevna

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #35 : 26 октября 2015, 20:41:07 »
Texas Halloween Investigation

There was a murder in Texas at Halloween, and the FBI were called in to investigate. Hitchcock, one of the officers, saw something written in blood on the wall. It looked like the number '7734', but he was not sure; anyway, he took lots of pictures.

When Hitchcock got back to the lab he developed the film of the crime scene, but he still could not make any progress with the number. In the hope of inspiration, he took the sheaf of photographs home and spread them on the dining room table. Just at that moment his 7 year old daughter Emma came in through the patio door opposite, and looked down at the photographs.

'Why have you photographed hell?', she asked, then Hitchcock saw that when held upside down, 7734 spelt: 'hELL'.

Оффлайн Sergevna

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #34 : 26 октября 2015, 20:39:57 »
The Old Witch by The Brothers Grimm
(Classic Halloween Story For Kids)

There was once a little girl who was very wilful and who never obeyed when her elders spoke to her - so how could she be happy?  The Old Witch Brothers Grimm

One day she said to her parents, 'I have heard so much of the old witch that I will go and see her. People say she is a wonderful old woman, and has many marvellous things in her house, and I am very curious to see them.'

But her parents forbade her going, saying, 'The witch is a wicked old woman, who performs many godless deeds - and if you go near her, you are no longer a child of ours.'

The girl, however, would not turn back at her parents' command, but went to the witch's house. When she arrived there the old woman asked her:

'Why are you so pale?'
'Ah,' she replied, trembling all over, 'I have frightened myself so with what I have just seen.'

'And what did you see?' inquired the old witch.
'I saw a black man on your steps.'

'That was a collier,' replied she.
'Then I saw a gray man.'

'That was a sportsman,' said the old woman.
'After him I saw a blood-red man.'

'That was a butcher,' replied the old woman.

'But, oh, I was most terrified,' continued the girl, 'when I peeped through your window, and saw not you, but a creature with a fiery head.'

'Then you have seen the witch in her proper dress,' said the old woman. 'For you I have long waited, and now you shall give me light.'

So saying the witch changed the little girl into a block of wood, and then threw it on the fire. When it was fully alight, she sat down on the hearth and warmed herself, saying:

'How good I feel! The fire has not burned like this for a long time!'

Оффлайн Sergevna

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #33 : 26 октября 2015, 20:39:14 »
Uncle John's Halloween Story

When I was a boy, each year as the nights began to draw in, my uncle John would tell we kids this Halloween story.  It was a tale about a trick that he played in a graveyard.  One night Uncle John spotted his great friend Eddie weaving his way home from the village pub.  As John watched, he saw Eddie open the church's litch gate and take the shortcut through the graveyard.Uncle John's Halloween Story

There was no doubt that Eddie was the worse for wear, and appeared disoriented, really he should have taken the longer route home via the round ring.  But then he cried out to nobody in particular, 'Where am I?'

John replied instantly, 'Amongst the living'.

'Where are you?' cried Eddie'; to which John replied in his most sepulchral voice, 'Amongst the dead'.

Eddie sobered up instantly, rushed back the way he came, and took the long way around the churchyard.  This time he preferring to go passed the round ring, rather than stay a minute longer amongst the spirits of the gravestones.

Оффлайн Sergevna

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #32 : 26 октября 2015, 20:38:36 »
The Legend of Bride's Head BridgeShort Halloween Childrens Story

There's a bridge near Hanover in Germany called 'Der Kopf der Braut', which means bride's head.  A 15th century legend has it that Reichsgraf von Kesselstatt and his bride Gretchen were approaching the bridge in their horse and carriage when their way was blocked by an elderly crone.

The Reichsgraf or 'Count' ordered the old lady to get off the bridge instantly and make way for their carriage.  But it was dark, and the old lady had difficulty in herding her sheep off the bridge.

Because the old witch was moving none to fast, Reichsgraf von Kesselstatt took his whip and have her a sound thrashing.  Bleeding, and cowering in a ditch, the old witch put a curse on the carriage.  Consequently when the bridal party eventually crossed the bridge, one of the horses shied and the other reared up.  The upshot was that Gretchen was thrown from the carriage into the river below.

It seems certain that she drowned as the river was in torrent and Gretchen was never seen again. However, it is said by Hanoverian wicca that at Halloween you can see a headless bride standing on rocks in the middle of the river.  Some say she is looking for her lost head, while other say she is looking for her beloved Reichsgraf von Kesselstatt.

Оффлайн Sergevna

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #31 : 15 октября 2015, 22:30:14 »
Dancing with the Devil

The girl hurried through her schoolwork as fast as she could. It was the night of the high school dance, along about 70 years ago in the town of Kingsville, Texas. The girl was so excited about the dance. She had bought a brand new, sparkly red dress for the dance. She knew she looked smashing in it. It was going to be the best evening of her life.

Then her mother came in the house, looking pale and determined.

"You are not going to that dance," her mother said.

"But why?" the girl asked her mother.

"I've just been talking to the preacher. He says the dance is going to be for the devil. You are absolutely forbidden to go," her mother said.

The girl nodded as if she accepted her mother's words. But she was determined to go to the dance. As soon as her mother was busy, she put on her brand new red dress and ran down to the K.C. Hall where the dance was being held.

As soon as she walked into the room, all the guys turned to look at her. She was startled by all the attention. Normally, no one noticed her. Her mother sometimes accused her of being too awkward to get a boyfriend. But she was not awkward that night. The boys in her class were fighting with each other to dance with her.

Later, she broke away from the crowd and went to the table to get some punch to drink. She heard a sudden hush. The music stopped. When she turned, she saw a handsome man with jet black hair and clothes standing next to her.

"Dance with me," he said.

She managed to stammer a "yes", completely stunned by this gorgeous man. He led her out on the dance floor. The music sprang up at once. She found herself dancing better than she had ever danced before. They were the center of attention.

Then the man spun her around and around. She gasped for breath, trying to step out of the spin. But he spun her faster and faster. Her feet felt hot. The floor seemed to melt under her. He spun her even faster. She was spinning so fast that a cloud of dust flew up around them both so that they were hidden from the crowd.

When the dust settled, the girl was gone. The man in black bowed once to the crowd and disappeared. The devil had come to his party and he had spun the girl all the way to hell.

Оффлайн Sergevna

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #30 : 15 октября 2015, 22:26:07 »
очередные страшилки...

Amber

A Texas Ghost Story

Spooky TexasOh, you hear the stories about how dangerous Ouija boards are, but hey—it’s just a game. Mary waited until midnight to begin our little game, and the four of us—Sarah, Jessie, me, and, Mary, started by asking all kinds of silly questions.

It was a strange-looking board, covered with letters and symbols. There was a plastic pointer that was supposed to move across the board at the behest of the spirits. The instructions called it a planchette.

Around one thirty in the morning, the planchette suddenly froze in Mary’s hand. It wouldn’t move, no matter how much we pushed and pulled.

Mary turned her frightened blue eyes toward me. “I’m not doing it,” she said, lifting her hands. I grabbed the planchette myself and tried to push it around, but it was fixed to the board.

Suddenly, a kind of electric shock buzzed through my fingers. I gasped and tried to pull my fingers from the planchette, but they were stuck. Mary and Jessie both tried to pull my fingers away, nothing helped. The other girls stared with wide, round eyes, as the planchette came alive under my fingers—which were still fixed to its surface—and began to move.

“Help.” The words spelled out under my hand. “Help me. Help me.”

The planchette kept moving back and forth between the h – e – l – p continuously, until Sarah cried out: “Who are you?”

“Amber.” The board spelled. “My name is Amber. I am eight years old.”

“What’s wrong?” Mary asked. Her face was so white all the freckles stood out like darkened age spots.

“Water. Danger. Help. Scared.” The words spelled out as fast as my hand could move.

“Call 9-1-1,” Mary cried suddenly. “Quick. Amber is in danger.”

By this time, Sarah was gasping into the phone. Then she hung up the phone. “They wouldn’t listen to me,” she told us, almost in tears.

At that instant, my hand was suddenly free from the planchette.

“She’s gone,” I gasped,

“See if you can contact her again,” Mary said urgently. “We need to know if she’s okay!”

I picked up the plastic planchette again. “Amber, are you there?” I asked softly, afraid of what might happen.

After a long pause, it moved slowly across the board and spelled out the words: “Too late.” And after another long pause. “Water. Flood. Drowned. Mobile. Alabama.” The planchette stopped.
I knew that Amber was gone.

None of us got much sleep that night. In the morning, we rushed through breakfast and then looked up the Alabama news on the Internet. None of us were surprised to read that there had been flash floods the night before.  I read the names of those who had died in the flood. One of the victims was an eight-year-old girl named Amber.

Оффлайн Spirit of Finland

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Удача сопутствует смелым!
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #29 : 08 сентября 2015, 11:37:04 »
Sergevna, nice to see you here!
What about some new stories?

Оффлайн Sergevna

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #28 : 05 сентября 2015, 14:20:34 »
Relax, take it easier)))
it means that there aren`t any ghosts in the Black sea any more... and you may swim there)))

Оффлайн admist

• Человек - это животное, занимающееся историей (с)Дидро
  • Ветеран
  • Пpoeкт ЦИBИЛИ3AЦИЯ
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #27 : 10 июня 2015, 14:11:40 »
- Where did ghosts love to swim?
- The Dead sea!

А что это за язык?

На вопрос 'где' всегда отвечают, ГДЕ. А тут какая-то китайщина:

- Вы где живете?
- Москва.

- Где привидения любили плавать (почему-то в прошедшем времени)?
- Мертвое море!

Ваши английские тексты, Sergevna, вызывают массу недоуменных вопросов у русского человека, изучающего английский.

Хотелось бы разъяснений. Глядишь, станет яснее, почему в английском языке нет слов, обозначающих 'светофор', 'гайку' и 'болт'.
В России за десять лет меняется все, а за двести - ничего.

Оффлайн Sergevna

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #26 : 10 июня 2015, 02:43:57 »
Haunted Doll
In 1897, a family named Otto lived in a nearby house in Key West,
Florida. They owned a plantation and had a lot of servants working for them
who they treated very badly. One servant girl gave their son, Gene, a
present of a doll. What the Ottos didn’t realize was that this servant girl
knew voodoo.
Gene's full name was Robert Eugene Otto. His parents had always called
him "Gene", so he decided to give the doll his real name, "Robert".
Many Strange things began to occur in the Otto household. Many
neighbors claimed to see Robert move about from window to window,
when the family were out. Gene began to blame Robert for mishaps that
would occur. The Otto's claimed to hear the doll giggle, and swear they
caught glimpses of the doll running about the house.
Gene began to have nightmares and scream out in the night, when his
parents would enter the room; they would find furniture over turned, their
child in a fright, and Robert at the foot of the bed, with his glaring gaze!
"Robert Did It".... The doll was eventually put up into the attic. Where he
resided for many years.
But Robert had other plans. Visitors that entered the house could hear
something walking back and forth in the attic, and strange giggling sounds.
Guests no longer wanted to visit the Otto home.
Gene Otto died in 1972.The home was sold to a new family, and the tale of
Robert had died do....
But Robert waited patiently up in the attic to be discovered, once again.
The 10 year old daughter of the new owners. Was quick to find Robert in
the attic. It was not long before Robert unleashed his displeasure on the
child… The little girl claiming that the doll tortured her, and made her life a
hell. Even after more than thirty years later, she steadfastly claims that "the
doll was alive and wanted to kill her."
Robert, still dressed in his white sailor's suit and clutching his stuffed lion,
lives quite comfortably, though well guarded, at the Key West Martello
Museum. Employees at the museum continue to give accounts of Robert
being up to his old tricks still today....

Оффлайн Sergevna

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #25 : 10 июня 2015, 02:43:23 »
The Boy with the Brass Buttons
A young couple were delighted to purchase the old-fashioned house in
the Stuyvesant Square section of Philadelphia. They moved into their
dream home in the winter of 1889, bringing their six year old daughter with
them.
There was a lot of refurbishing to do, so the little girl tended to go up to the
attic to play while her parents were occupied with the house. It wasn't as
bad as it sounds, because the previous owners had converted the attic into
a playroom. It even had a fireplace at one point, but it was currently
boarded up.
After a couple of weeks of hard work, the downstairs rooms were finished.
The mother, realizing that she had been neglecting their daughter,
attempted to try and spend more time with her now, but the little girl
seemed distracted. She kept stealing back up to the attic alone to play.
Exasperated, and perhaps a little hurt the the child was not being
responsive to her attentions, the mother finally asked, "What's so
interesting up there in that stuffy room?"
"It's the little boy with the shiny buttons," the child replied. "He's so much
fun to play with!"
"What little boy?" the mother demanded, wondering if a servant child had
stowed away in the room. She went to investigate, but found the room
empty.
Certain that her daughter was just being contrary, she urged her husband
to discipline the child. At her father's stern voice the little girl became
hysterical. She kept repeating that there was a little boy and he wore a blue
jacket with lots of shiny buttons on it. As her father listened, he became
more and more curious. Formerly a seaman, he realized his daughter was
describing a child's sailor suit, complete with the brass buttons.
The girl's father made some inquires about the Cowderlys, the family that
lived in the house before them. He learned that they had come from
England, bringing their children with them, two boys and a girl. The
youngest child, a boy, was born retarded. The neighbors described the
youngest boy as a sweet innocent child, but added that Mr. Cowderly was
ashamed of him and tried to prevent him from being seen outdoors.
According to the boy's parents, the neighbors continued, the young boy
would often sneak out to go down to the river. The story goes on to say that
one day he fell in and drowned. His body was never recovered, but his cap
had been found floating in the river. Shortly after the disappearance, the
Cowderlys put the house up for sale and, leaving Philadelphia, dropped out
of sight.
The former seaman's suspicions were now thoroughly aroused. He
accompanied his little daughter to the attic and asked her to show him
where the little boy came from. She pointed to the boarded up fireplace.
Her father called in workers to open it and then to remove the mortar that
cemented up a cavity beside the chimney.
As the mortar was chipped away, the corpse of a small boy was revealed.
He was clothed in a little blue sailor jacket with four rows of brass buttons
down the front. Further examination revealed that the back of the child's
head had been crushed by a violent blow.
The little boy was murdered!

Оффлайн Sergevna

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #24 : 10 июня 2015, 02:42:40 »
China Doll
A beautiful 8 year old girl, Izzy, got this adorable china doll for her
birthday. She called her Sam. One day Izzy was playing with her doll until
her mom called her for bed. Izzy put the doll in the basement and went up
to bed.
In the middle of the night she heard weird noises. Then she heard "China
doll, china doll in the basement, china doll, china doll on the stairs, china
doll, china doll in your parents room, now they're dead." Izzy fell back into a
troubled sleep.
In the morning she raced to her parents’ room and they were dead. She
cried as her brother planned the funeral. Izzy did not play with Sam that
day. She went up to bed early and fell asleep.
In the middle of the night she heard chanting again. China doll, china doll in
the basement, china doll, china doll on the stairs, china doll, china doll in
your parents’ room, china doll, china doll in your brother’s room now he's
dead." Izzy shivered and fell into another troubling sleep.
In the morning she went to her brother’s room, he was dead. She spent the
day in her room and wouldn't come out. Night fell again and she went to
sleep.
She heard the chanting again. "China doll, china doll in the basement,
china doll, china doll on the stairs, china doll, china doll in your parents’
room, china doll, china doll in your brother’s room, china doll, china doll in
your room." She gazed up to see the doll. "Now you're...dead!"
The police found her the next day with no sign of the murderer. All they
heard was chuckling in the distance. The chuckle of a brown haired, brown
eyed china doll, on the hunt for her next victims.

Оффлайн Sergevna

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #23 : 10 июня 2015, 02:42:10 »
The Graveyard Wager
A group of young girls were having a slumber party one night and began
to exchange ghost stories. One girl claimed that the old man who had been
buried earlier that week in the graveyard down the street had been buried
alive. She claimed that if you tried, you could hear him still scratching at the
lid of his coffin. The other girls called her bluff and told her that she wouldn’t
do it. They said she was too afraid to go down there to the grave that very
night. They continued to challenge her and eventually she gave into the
peer pressure and accepted their challenge. Since she was going to go
alone, she needed to prove to the others that she actually followed through
with the task. She was supposed to take a stake with her and drive it into
the ground so the next day the girls would know that she had been to the
grave.
She headed off to the gravesite, stake in hand, and never returned. The
other girls assumed she had "chickened out" and had just gone home
instead.
The next morning as they passed the graveyard they saw her there at the
old man's grave. She had accidentally staked her nightshirt to the ground