Автор Тема: Английский язык от "Александра Орлова"  (Прочитано 71062 раз)

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
     Do you happen to know any two people who remain in this condition "until death do them part"?

If I got your question right, my parents are an example of a close family. However, I partially agree with George Bernard Shaw - some people get married without giving this decision a second thought.

Оффлайн Ann

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
“When two people are under the influence of the most violent, most insane, most delusive, and most transient of passions, they are required to swear that they will remain in that excited, abnormal, and exhausting condition continuously until death do them part.”

George Bernard Shaw

Do you happen to know any two people who remain in this condition "until death do them part"?

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
“When two people are under the influence of the most violent, most insane, most delusive, and most transient of passions, they are required to swear that they will remain in that excited, abnormal, and exhausting condition continuously until death do them part.”

George Bernard Shaw

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
     !!!!!

I share this statement. Many young people claim to know everything while being rather ignorant at the same time.

Оффлайн Ann

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
I am not young enough to know everything.

Oscar Wilde

!!!!!

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
Elementary, my dear Watson.

Sherlock Holmes A.C. Doyle

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

William Shakespeare

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
It's becoming common knowledge that the people of the older times were  freeer than we are.

To some extent they were. However, there were other limitations.

Оффлайн Ann

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
“People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them.”
― George Bernard Shaw,

That's what we should do. However there are other cicumstances which are too strong to be changed and  made. It's becoming common knowledge that the people of the older times were  freeer than we are.

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
“People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them.”
― George Bernard Shaw,

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind. George Orwell

Политический язык придумали для того, чтобы заставить ложь звучать правдиво, а убийство уважительно, а также придать видимость солидности пустому звуку. Джордж Оруэл

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
     Not everybody knows that faithfulness doesn't depend on the beauty. Beautiful translations and beautiful women are more often true and more faithful than those who and which are not. And there is an explanation to it.

I don't share Evtushenko's opinion either. But it's his point of view and I don't mind if it exists. However, I thought the presence of women's faithfulness or it's absence was purely coincidental. I didn't know there was an explanation.

Оффлайн Ann

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
Translation is like a woman. If it is beautiful, it is not faithful. If it is faithful, it is most certainly not beautiful. Yevgeny Yevtushenko
Перевод как женщина: если красив, то неверен, а если верен, то скорей всего некрасив. Евгений Евтушенко

Not everybody knows that faithfulness doesn't depend on the beauty. Beautiful translations and beautiful women are more often true and more faithful than those who and which are not. And there is an explanation to it.

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
Translation is like a woman. If it is beautiful, it is not faithful. If it is faithful, it is most certainly not beautiful. Yevgeny Yevtushenko

Перевод как женщина: если красив, то неверен, а если верен, то скорей всего некрасив. Евгений Евтушенко

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля

" ...in general I think it's better to show you are high above of the conflict."
      "Oh, yes! It's better!"

And wiser!