Автор Тема: News  (Прочитано 253589 раз)

Оффлайн InkJoy

• Go with the flow
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
Re: News
« Ответ #877 : 25 августа 2020, 13:25:19 »

Оффлайн kondrasha96

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #876 : 24 августа 2020, 19:10:44 »
UNIT 1. TRAVELLING. 3RD GRADE

Оффлайн kondrasha96

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #875 : 24 августа 2020, 19:09:15 »
UNIT 1. MY FAMILY AND I - Форум не поддерживает форматирование! Ошибки, связанные с оформлением текста прошу не учитывать

Оффлайн kondrasha96

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #874 : 24 августа 2020, 17:23:35 »
1. 1 ЮНИТЫ С 1 ПО 4 КЛАСС ПРОВЕРЕНЫ И ОТРЕДАКТИРОВАНЫ!

2. 2 ЮНИТЫ 1, 4, 3 КЛАССА ПРОВЕРЕНЫ, 2 КЛАСС В ПРОЦЕССЕ. ЮНИТЫ НЕ ОТРЕДАКТИРОВАНЫ, ВО 2 И 3 КЛАСС НУЖНА ГРАММАТИКА

Оффлайн kondrasha96

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #873 : 24 августа 2020, 17:14:56 »
Corrected Unit 1. My Toys for the 1st Grade

[вложение удалено администратором]

Оффлайн yemi

• Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Don't worry about a thing, 'cos every little......
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #872 : 24 августа 2020, 16:59:25 »
Corrected!

TEXTS FOR THE 3RD GRADE UNIT 1. TRAVELLING

1. Why do we travel?

Millions of people all over the world are fond of travelling. They travel to see other countries and continents, to discover different ways of life, to meet different people and to practise foreign languages. It goes without saying that travelling broadens the mind. While travelling we can see and learn a lot of things that we can never learn staying at home, watching TV or reading books.

2. Travelling in Russia

Russia is a country of a unique culture for foreigners. There are lots of villages and towns in Russia. They are famous for their specific crafts: painted boxes in Palekh, wooden tableware in Khokhloma and toys in Dymkovo. Thousands of foreigners visit Russia to enjoy the sights of typical Russian log houses, decorated with wood carvings. That's why a lot of foreign people come to Russia to get acquainted with Russian culture, customs and traditions.

3. Travelling in The USA

The USA is a country of contrasts that attracts different people from all over the world. People travel to this country because there are many places worst seeing. The most beautiful town of the USA is New-York. The most famous attractions in New York are  The Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, Broadway and the Central Park. Broadway is the longest street in the world. It is about 12 miles long. The Central Park is also the largest park in the world.

4. Travelling in The UK

Travelling in Great Britain is very popular for people all around the world. Great Britain is an island consisting of England, Wales, and Scotland. Visitors will enjoy the beautiful scenery of the English, Welsh, and Scottish countryside as well as the friendly and welcoming people. There is much to see and do. The most famous cities are London, Edinburgh and Liverpool. Great Britain is a country with a rich history and many traditions.

5. My Favourite Way of Travelling

Hello! My name is Max. My favourite way of travelling is by car. I think this is one of the most comfortable means of travelling. You can enjoy the view, looking through the window. Furthermore, this way of travelling is quite fast. You can travel to different cities and towns in your native country and even abroad. In summer I like travelling on foot. This way of travelling is called hiking. I take a tent, backpacks, food and start walking. This kind of travelling is slow, but you spend a lot of time outside and you do not have to think about tickets.

Оффлайн kondrasha96

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #871 : 24 августа 2020, 16:13:44 »
TEXTS FOR THE 3RD GRADE UNIT 1. TRAVELLING

1. Why do we travel?

Millions of people all over the world are fond of travelling. They travel to see other countries and continents, to discover different ways of life, to meet different people and to practise foreign languages. It goes without saying that travelling broadens the mind. While travelling we can see and learn a lot of things that we can never learn staying at home and watching TV or reading books.

2. Travelling in Russia

Russia is a country of the unique culture for foreigners. There are lots of villages and towns in Russia famous for their specific crafts: painted boxes in Palekh, wooden tableware in Khokhloma and toys in Dymkovo. Thousands of foreigners visit Russia to enjoy the typical Russian log houses, decorated with wood carvings. That's why a lot of foreign people come to Russia to get acquainted with Russian culture, with Russian customs and traditions.

3. Travelling in The USA

The USA is the country of contrasts that attracts different people from all over the world. People travel to this country because there are many places worst seeing. The most beautiful town of the USA is New-York. The most famous places are  The Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, Broadway and the Central Park. Broadway is the longest street in the world. It is about 12 miles long. The Central Park is also the largest park in the world.

4. Travelling in The UK

Travelling in Great Britain is very popular for people all around the world. Great Britain is the island consists of England, Wales, and Scotland. Visitors will enjoy the beautiful scenery of the English, Welsh, and Scottish countryside as well as the friendly and welcoming people and a host of activities. The most famous cities are London, Edinburgh and Liverpool. Great Britain is a country of rich history and traditions.

5. My Favourite Way of Travelling

Hello! My name is Max. My favourite way of travelling is travelling by car. I think this is one of the most comfortable means of travelling. You can enjoy the view looking through the window and this way of travelling is rather fast. You can travel to different cities and towns of your native country and even abroad. In summer I like travelling on foot. This way of travelling is called hiking. I take a tent, backpacks, food and start walking. This kind of travelling is slow, but you spend a lot of time outside and you do not have to think about tickets.

Оффлайн kondrasha96

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #870 : 24 августа 2020, 15:48:02 »
The film for the 4th Grade Unit 1 Travelling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6_PeO-E_Cs

The film for the 3rd Grade Unit 1 Travelling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0TIkJVaB1c

Оффлайн yemi

• Модератор
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #869 : 24 августа 2020, 15:28:04 »
5.   How to Get Ready for Travelling

If you decide to travel, you must prepare for the trip. If you travel by plane, train or ship, you have to book tickets and  hotel accommodation. You can do this over the phone or at a travel agency. If you travel by plane, you have to be at the airport two hours before an international flight and one hour before a domestic flight. The officials will check your luggage and you will pass through the passport control. When you travel by train, it is easier, because you have to go through only ticket control.

Оффлайн yemi

• Модератор
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #868 : 24 августа 2020, 14:32:28 »
Corrected Unit 2 for the Fourth Grade!

I. Vocabulary and Speech
Text
The Internet

The Internet is everywhere: at home, at school, in the streets, buses, planes, even in the underground! We use it every day at work and in our studies, we call each other, we listen to music, read books and newspapers, watch shows and videos, order taxi or some food and much more. People have been using the Internet since 1990s, but what do we know about it? Where did it come from?
The Internet is a huge network and every gadget on Earth can connect to it. It is like a big Network with billions of users around the world. We have got hardware ( PCs or laptops with cables, smartphones and other devices) to connect to the Internet and visit most popular sites. It came from the USA about 50 years ago, when the military agencies wanted to share secret information with each other. Nowadays the access is so easy that even small kids, like you, can surf the Internet!

Active Vocabulary
1. The Internet                                       Интернет
2. A huge network                                огромная сеть
3. A gadget                                            приспособление, «гаджет»
4. To connect                                        подключаться
5. A big base                                         большая база
6. A user                                               пользователь
7. A hardware                                     оборудование ("железо")
8. A PC (personal computer)             персональный компьютер
9. A cable                                           провод, кабель
10. A laptop                                       ноутбук
11. A device                                       устройство
12. The most popular services           самые популярные сервисы
13. To share secret information             делиться секретной информацией
14. An access                                     доступ
15. To surf the Internet                      сидеть в Интернете ("сёрфить")

Speech Patterns
1.   The best way to find information is to Google it. – Лучший способ найти информацию – «загуглить» её.
2.   What are you doing? – I’m surfing the Internet – Что ты делаешь? – Сижу в Интернете.
3.   E-mail me later, ok? – Напиши мне электронное письмо, хорошо?
4.   I’ve made a post! – Я написал пост (оставил запись).
5.   Like, share, repost – Нажать «нравится», поделиться с друзьями, сделать перепост к себе на страницу.
6.   Comment my video, please – Оставь комментарий под моим видео, пожалуйста.

Vocabulary Activisation and Speech Exercises
1. Warming up exercise. Listen to the text and read it together with the speaker (as many times as you need to do it at the speed of the speaker). Mind your pronunciation

2. Complete the sentences by quoting the text
1. The Internet is everywhere: … 2. We use it every day … 3. The Internet is a … 4. It is like a … 5. We need a hardware … 6. It came from … 7. Nowadays the access is…

3. Fill in the missing words
1. The Internet is everywhere, even in the … 2. We use it every day to… and … 3. And every … on Earth can … to it. 4. And visit … 5. When military agencies wanted … with each other. 6. Even kids, like you, can … 7. Where did it…?

4. Answer the questions by quoting the text
1. Where is the Internet? 2. What do we use it for? 3. What is the Internet? 4. What does it look like? 5. What do we need to connect to the Internet? 6. Where did it come from? 7. Who can surf the Internet nowadays?

5. Translate the following sentences
1. Интернет есть повсюду. 2. Мы используем интернет на работе и в учебе. 3. Но что мы о нем знаем? 4. Откуда он появился? 5. Интернет – это огромная сеть. 6. Миллиарды пользователей по всему миру. 7. Посещать самые популярные сервисы.

6. Copy the text (in writing)

7. Reproduce the text

8. Read, look up and say (???) grammar
“Did you see my post about the ways of travelling?”
“Sorry, I haven’t got an access to it on my computer”
“But you can browse the Internet with your smartphone!”
“Really? I didn’t know that. I’m going to check out your post and share it with my friends”
9.  Listen to the text and say what the text is about

10. Make up your own sentences in writing using the Active Vocabulary

11. Make up your story (based on the text, in writing). Make sure there are no mistakes in it. Consult the teacher. Then reproduce the story in one-minute time

II. Grammar. Pronunciation
Present Tenses. Affirmative
Drill
   Present Simple   Present Continuous   Present Perfect   Present Perfect Continuous
Example   I do my homework (every day)   I am doing my homework (now)   I have done my homework (already)   I have been doing my homework for two hours now

I do my homework (every day) – Я делаю домашнюю работу (каждый день).
Настоящее время Present Simple, в английском языке используется, чтобы указать, что действие происходит регулярно.

I am doing my homework (now) – Я делаю домашнюю работу (сейчас).
Время Present Continuous употребляется, чтобы обозначить действие, происходящее в момент речи.

I have done my homework (already) – Я (уже) сделал домашнюю работу.
Время Present Perfect используется, когда речь идет о действии, начатом в прошлом, но имеющем результат в настоящем, либо же еще не закончившемся на момент речи.

I have been doing my homework for two hours now – Я делаю домашнюю работу два часа.
Мы используем Present Perfect Continuous, если действие началось в прошлом, длилось какое-то время и все еще продолжается (либо виден результат) в настоящем.

Ex I. Read the following sentences, translate them into Russian and see how the Grammar is used in them.

Ex II. Copy the sentences.

Ex III. Find all the Present Tenses in the text and copy them.

Ex IV. Fill in copy and the table. Learn these words by heart.
Present Perfect    Present Perfect Continuous
Already…   Since 2015 (с  2015 года) …
Just (только что), for 2 hours / days / months/ years, yet (ещё), never / ever (никогда / когда-либо), still (всё ещё)

Ex V. Open the parenthesis in Present Perfect.
Example: I (make) an exercise – I have made an exercise.
1.   You just (read) a newspaper –
2.   Boris (learn) the Grammar –
3.   I just (write) an essay  –
4.   Mary (do) her homework  –
5.   They (come) home –

Ex VI. Open the parenthesis in Present Perfect Continuous.
Example: I (study) at Modern Education School since the first grade – I have been studying at Modern Education School since the first grade.
1.   John (do) her homework for 3 hours now –
2.   My brother (copy) a text since morning –
3.   She (learn) English for 2 years now –
4.   Boris (watch) TV since 7 o’clock –
5.   Mary (play) video games fo r 40 minutes –

Ex VII. Choose between the Present Simple and Present Continuous.
1.   She has been learning/has learned English for 2 years.
2.   Boris has come / has been coming to Moscow.
3.   They have known /have been knowing him for many years.
4.   He has forgotten/has been forgetting to learn the poem.
5.   The children have been watching/have watched cartoons for 2 hours.

Ex VIII. Make up sentences (5) using Present Perfect and the Active Vocabulary.

Ex IX. Make up sentences (5) using Present Perfect Continuous and the Active Vocabulary.

Ex X. Make up sentences in the Present Continuous form.
1.   I / read / a magazine / in the park for two hours.
2.   I / read / three stories.
3.   Granny / knit / in the living room / since morning.
4.   Helen / travel / round Europe / for 3 weeks.
5.   She / visit / already / 3 countries.

Ex XI. Translate the following into English.
1.   Мэри учит английский уже 3 года.
2.   Я рад, что мы закончили эту работу.
3.   Мои руки грязные. Я работала в саду.
4.   Борис сделал домашнюю работу.
5.   Джон и Мэри написали письмо.

Ex XII. Translate the following into Russian.
1.   They are discussing the problem for hours, but have not solved it yet.
2.   Somebody has been playing tennis since 2 o’clock.
3.   Is it still raining? No, it has stopped.
4.   John has won the championship two times.
5.   The boys have been fishing for 3 hours.

Ex XIII. Make up a monologue using the new grammar material (in one minute time).

Ex XIV. Describe the picture using the new Grammar and the Active Vocabulary

Example: This guy is surfing the Internet, he’s visiting the most popular services…
Pronunciation
The main text should be worked on as many times as it is necessary for obtaining the best results possible.
Listen to the text and read it together with the speaker (as many times as you need to do it at the speed of the speaker). Mind your pronunciation!

III. Reading. Writing. Free Speech
1.   History of the Internet

The Internet is a network, or system, that connects billions of computers worldwide. It is one of the greatest inventions of the 20th century.
In the 1960s the U.S. created an early form of the Internet. In 1971 electronic mail, or e-mail was invented to send  messages from one computer to another.
Currently more than 600 million people around the world use email as a means of communication.

2.   The World Wide Web

There are many sites or pages in the Internet. People view Web sites using computer programs called Internet browsers. People can also create Web sites using the special language. Internet browsers “read” this language or code, and show the information to a user. Each Web site has its own Internet address. Many of them begin with “www,” which means “World Wide Web.”

3.   Activity in the Internet

People often use the Web for studying and working. They use search engines such as Google, YaHoo and Yandex — to look for information on the Web. People also use the Web for entertainment. In the early 2000s some of the most popular Web sites were social networking and shopping sites. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are social networking sites. They help people communicate with relatives and friends. Amazon and eBay are sites for shopping.

4.   Internet Safety

People should control the information they save online and what is shared with the public. A person’s real name, e-mail address, telephone number, home address, and school should be kept private. Just as people should never share personal information with strangers, they should never post personal information about themselves for the public. Always get permission from a teacher or parents before registering or logging into a Web site.

Exercises
Reading
1. Read the text (silently, aloud, in chain, in parts, other variants)
2. Translate the text
3. Ask questions to the text
4. Give the gist of the text
5. Reproduce the text. Learn the text by heart

Writing
1. Copy the text (some parts of it, the whole of it)
2..Write questions to the text
3. Write the reproduction of the text
4. Write the dictation
5. Write the plan of the text

Free speech
1. Get ready for a 1-minute monologue based on one of the texts
2. Talk on the topics (could be prepared):
   - Few facts about the Internet;
   - History of the Internet;
   - WWW what is it?
   - Internet Activity;
   - Internet Safety.
3. Discussion on the topic "The Internet" (could be unprepared):
      - where did it come from? When?
      - what do we use it for?
      - what do we need to connect to it?
      - who can use it?
      - activity in the Internet;
      - Internet safety;
      - other questions.

Оффлайн kondrasha96

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #867 : 22 августа 2020, 16:20:45 »
Units for Yemi, 2nd and 3rd with Speech Patterns

2nd Grade. Unit 2. The School I Go To

3rd Grade. Unit 2. Holidays. Day Off

Оффлайн kondrasha96

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #866 : 22 августа 2020, 15:47:50 »
Speech patterns that I liked for the 2nd and 3rd Grade

Speech patterns

Thanks so much for …
I really appreciate your help.
Excuse me.
I’m sorry for being late.
May I come in?
May I go out?
What do you think?
How does that sound?
Could you repeat that please?
Could you please talk slower?
What does … mean?
How do you spell that?

Оффлайн kondrasha96

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #865 : 22 августа 2020, 15:08:05 »
1st Grade. Unit 2. My Family

Оффлайн kondrasha96

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #864 : 22 августа 2020, 14:50:13 »
Units for Yemi, 4th Grade. 2ND AND 3RD UNITS ARE UPDATED

4th Grade. Unit 2. The Internet

[вложение удалено администратором]

Оффлайн yemi

• Модератор
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #863 : 22 августа 2020, 14:24:08 »
Corrected!

1.   Travelling by Plane

There are also a lot of ways of travelling. People can travel by car, by plane, by ship, by train, by bus or on foot. Travelling by plane is the fastest way of travelling. This is the best way to get to a foreign country fast. Modern planes are comfortable and it is a nice experience to fly to your destination.

2.   Travelling by Ship

The most comfortable way of travelling is by ship. Modern liners have everything to make people feel relaxed and comfortable. There are swimming-pools, bars, restaurants and even shops on board a modern liner. People enjoy spending their time on the deck looking at the ocean and talking. Sunsets and sunrises are beautiful in the open sea.
The main disadvantage is that travelling by ship is the most expensive way of travelling and some people can be sea-sick.

3.   Travelling by Train

Travelling by train is rather popular now, too. Modern trains are rather fast and comfortable too. Travelling by train is more convenient and cheaper than travelling by plane or by car. This way of travelling is also for those, who are afraid of flights.

4.   Travelling by Bus

Travelling by bus is the cheapest nowadays. There are special international tours by bus when you travel through several countries. Instead of one foreign country, you can see a few of them. However, there are some disadvantages. Some people feel sick in buses and their trip can be spoilt. Besides, it is not very comfortable to sleep in a sitting position. Sometimes tourists do not have enough time to see the sights of cities.