Автор Тема: Short texts for reading  (Прочитано 780097 раз)

Оффлайн Войтович В.

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
Re: Short texts for reading
« Ответ #1572 : 07 февраля 2017, 18:23:16 »
 My home is in MoscowIt is a capital of Russia.
It is a big island with small islands it is washed by the North Irish sea and by the Atlantic ocean.
It is a republic which consists of 50 states it is washed by the Atlantic and the Pacific ocean
It is Russia. It is a big country it is washed by the Atlantic Pacific and Northern oceans.
 )^( )^( )^( )^(

Оффлайн Elly

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
  • domina familia
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #1571 : 07 февраля 2017, 12:21:17 »
                                                                                  Cinema.
Cinema plays an important role in the life of any society. It is an available popular form of art. Lost of people find going o the cinema one of the best ways of spending their leisure time. the movie audience is usually a young one.
      Nowadays people have video facilitiesat home, so they started to attend the cinema much more seldom. But no one denies the fact that the cinema-going habit is still a strong one.

No matter how large the place you live in is ( whether it"s a big city or a small provincial town, or evena settlement) there"s most likely to be a cinema there.
           There are such genres of feature films as the western, the triller, the musical, the drama and the comedy. The performance lasts from two or three hours and most cinemas have at least 4 performances a day in one ciema fall. In many cinemas there are more that 3 cinemas halls.
            As fore me, Im foud of going to the cinema. Its a pity , I dont always have time fore it. Its an open secret that we live in a very difficult tme now. But people do need something amusing and pleasant , something to laughtat. Thats why I give my preference to comedies.
              Every generation have their own favourite films. Good films can raise moral questions and rarely try to give answers. It is
💞🎧

Оффлайн Selena

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #1570 : 07 февраля 2017, 12:19:56 »
                                                                                        Cinema
Cinema plays an important role in the life of any society.It is an avaible popular form of art.Lots of people find going to the cinema one of thr brst ways of spending their leisure time.The movie audienceis usually a young one.
Nowadays people have video facilities at home,so they started to attend the cinema much more seldom.But no one denies the fact that the cinema-going habit is still a strong one.
No matter how large the place you live in is(whether it`s a big city or a small provincial town,or even a settlement)there`s most likely to be a cinema there.
There are such genres of feature films as the western,the thriller,the musical,the drama and the comedy.The performance lasts from two or three hours and most cinemas have at least 4 performances a day in one cinema hall.In many cinemas there are more that 3 cinemas halls.
As for me,I`m fond of going to the cinema.It`s a pity,I don`t always time for it.
It`s an open secret that we live in a very difficult time now.But people do need something amusing and pleasent,something to laugh at.That`s why I give my preference to comedies.
Every generation have their own favourite films.Good films can raise moral questions and rarely try to give answers.It is impossible to give answers that are true for everybody.The good film tries to sgow a bit of truth,gives clues or something to "take away" for later digestion.Films can be provocative,eye-opening or simply unforgettable.
While there is no general agreement upon the greatest film,many publications have tried to determine the films considered the greatest ever.I think it is impossible to mention one favourite film-or even ten.One day you can go crazy over Vertigo or cry and laugh with Goldrush.The next day you are stunned by the genious of Stanley Kubrick or the fantasy of Fellini.How can you possible compare 8 and a half with the Shining?They are both breathtaking in very different ways and it wil never be fair.

Questions
1.Why do people like going to the cinema?
2.How long does a typical performance last?
3.What kind of film can be called a good film?
4.What is the world`s greates film?

Оффлайн Войтович А

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #1569 : 07 февраля 2017, 11:33:37 »
The territory of R.F. 17 million sqare kilometrs.
it borders on Norwy,Finland,the Baltic States,Belorussia,the Ukraine,Kazakhstan,Georgia,Azerbaijan,China,Mongolia and Korea.
It is washed by the Atlantic, Pacific and Northern oceans.
I`m from Moscow.It is a capital of Russia.
 :desantura:
It is a big island with small islands, it is washed by the North, Irish sea and by the Atlantic ocean.
It is a republic, which consists of 50 states, it is washed by the Atlantic and the Pacific ocean.

Оффлайн Divan Ivan

• АйКью 2000
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #1568 : 07 февраля 2017, 11:27:49 »
P. 32 Ex. 7
2. How large is the territory of the Russian Federation?
The Russian Federation's territory is 17 million sqrt. kilometers.
    How long are the borders of this country?
Its borders are the largest in the world.
    What seas it washed by?
It is washed by the Atlantic, Pacific and Northern oceans.
    What countries does it border on?
It borders on with Kazakhstan, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Baltic states, Poland, Belorussia, Ukraine, Norway, Finland.
    What part of this country is your home?
My home is in Moscow.
    What is it famous for?
It is a capital of Russia.

3.Could you possibly give an idea of the geographic situation of Great Britain?
It is a big island with small islands, it is washed by the North, Irish sea and by the Atlantic ocean.
   The USA?
It is a republic, which consists of 50 states, it is washed by the Atlantic and the Pacific ocean.
   The country whose language is the first for you?
It is Russia. It is a big country, it is washed by the Atlantic, Pacific and Northern oceans.
Die Welt gehört demjenigen, der sich darüber freut

Оффлайн That Guy

• Ветеран
  • ?
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #1567 : 02 февраля 2017, 12:14:59 »
                                                                          Customs And Traditions 

In my family the most celebrated holidays is the Christmas, New Year and Maslenitsa.

If you asking me, "what is it Maslenitsa?". I will tell you, that it is traditional Russian holiday and it is very interesting. So the main idea of Maslenitsa is: This holiday is celebrated during a week. Each day is a new ritual. The idea of Maslenitsa is to bake and eat... I will call this a sort of pancake. This holiday were celebrated back in the days when russian religion was paganism.
One of the rituals is the burning of strowman. I like this holiday only because this is an opportunity to eat pancakes.

And what holidays in your family is the most celebrated?
   Can you tell me about thanksgiving day?

Оффлайн Vladb

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #1566 : 02 февраля 2017, 11:56:18 »
                                                                                    Customs and traditions.

Now I want to tell you about customs and traditions in our country. To start with the Victoy Day. I think it's the most celebration holiday in our country. We pay silent for those who died during WW2. We celebrate it on the 9 of May. Beside this, New Year is the famous holiday too. We make presents for each other and make some interesting things, like snowmans or decorating the Christmas tree. Holidays have their influence on us. For example people, who need to rest sometime, have the opportunity to do it. Im glad to tell you about customs and traditions of my country. I hope you would like it. Farewell.

Оффлайн Alfred Nobel

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #1565 : 02 февраля 2017, 11:50:27 »
           Customs and Traditions.
Okey. Now I want you to tell about customs and traditions. I really Russian traditions and I like to follow traditions. It's very important, I assume. My favourite Russian holiday is Christmas. Usually I celebrate itwith my family. We celebrate it on January 7. Because we are an orthodox family. We play family games and bake a big pie. I am very glad to tell you about it.

Оффлайн Марианна

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #1564 : 02 февраля 2017, 11:48:16 »
CUSTOMS AND TRADITIONS IN MY FAMILY

We have a lot of traditions in my family. One of my favourite holydays is New Year, because on this day we spend all day together. The first tradition at this day is going to the circus on the Tsvetnoy bulvar and take family photo there. After the circus we drive around all center of Moscow and sing some new year's somgs in car. And now, we sit in the living room and present gofts to each other, after that we have a second tradition. It's a scarfs with snowflakes and bows, but one scarf is special. It's scarf with 3 snowflakes and 1 bow. And if you take this scarf you will so lucky in coming year. On next day after the New Year every person in our family make pelmeni. It's so funny, when your leather in flour and you mold this pelmen and after that eat it. It's so tasty!
              So, New Year is my favourite family holyday. And when I grown up, I will come up a new traditions for my future family.

Оффлайн Alfred Nobel

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #1563 : 02 февраля 2017, 11:36:41 »
p34 text 4

1.Because it was the most memorable vacation in her life.
2.Her English pen friend Isabel.
3.She went by airplane.
4.Big Ben, Houses of Parlament, Thames and Westmister Abbey.
5. Yes

p36 text5

1.It's American holiday.
2.Abraham Lincoln in 1853.
3.The Civil War.
4.It's a day of reunion and sharing.
5.It has got a spirit of Reunion and Sahring.

p39 text 7

1.October 31
2.No
3.Stabbing apples. The player's hands are tied behind his back and fork is placed between his teeth. He has to kneel on or lean over the chair beside the bowl and to stab one of the floating apples and lift it out.
4.I do not like them
5.No, I am not and I do not know any stories.

Оффлайн Марианна

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #1562 : 02 февраля 2017, 11:31:09 »
text 4 pg.34-35

1. She can't forget her last summer vocations because it was in London, and it was great.
2. Her pen friend Isabel invited her to spend a month in Great Britain.
3. She flew on airplane
4. She saw many seesights like Westminster Abbey, musem of Armour, Big Ben, House of Parliament and etc.
5. Yes, she was enjoyed.

text 6 pg. 36-37
1. It's a day when people give a thanks to each other, help to orphans and the aged.
2. Abraham Lincoln was proclaimed this holiday.
3. It was the day of Civil War in America, and Lincoln thought that the terrible war would come to a speedy end and  he was entreated th Americams not to forget that prosperity and freedom were God's gifts.
4. The pattern celebration has remained as it was during the first Piligrims. It was the day for reunions, for sharing whatever one has wirh those less fortunate, and for giving thamks for the year's blessings.
5. The spirit of this day are the turkey and Lincoln

text 7 pg. 38-39
1. Hallowen is celebrted on 31st of October
2. Yes, I learned about hallowen's game, it's so exciting!
3. Okey, I can tell you about stabbing apples. So, the player's hands are tied behind his back and fork is placed between his teeth. He has to kneel on or lean over the chair beside the bowl and to stab one of the floating apples and lift it out.
4. I like floating apple more than stabbing apples.
5. No, I'm not afrid of ghosts. Yes, in camp I heard a scary story about metro

Оффлайн Vladb

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #1561 : 02 февраля 2017, 11:26:43 »
p 34. Text 1.

1. Because she spent a month in Great Britain.
2. Her penfriend Isabel.
3. She took a taxi to the airport and went to GB by plain.
4. She visited Big Ben, The House of Parliament, and Westminster Abbey.
5. She enjoyed it greatly.

P 37. Text 2.

1. People in different lands have held festivals to give thanks for bountiful harvests.
2. This holiday was proclaimed by Abraham Lincoln in 1853.
3. The holiday expressing both the gratitude of God's blessing and his hope that the terrible war would come to a speedy end.
4. It is the day for reunions, for sharing whatever one has with those less fortunate, and for giving thanks for the year's blessing.
5. The Thanksgiving spirit dictates that hospitality be extended to people who are lonely or away from home.

P 39. Text 7.

1. Hallowen is celebrated on 31st of October.
2. Yes, I've learned about hallowen's games, it's so intersting.
3. I'll tell you about stabbing apples. The player's hands are tied behind his back and fork is placed between his teeth. He has to kneel on or lean over the chair beside the bowl and to stab one of the floating apples and lift it out.
4. I like floating apple more, than stabbing apples.
5. No, I'm not afraid of ghosts. No, I don't think so.

Оффлайн Emiliya Boyko

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #1560 : 02 февраля 2017, 10:46:41 »
                                                                                    Test   №9
A-3
B-2
C-4
D-6
E-1
F-7
G-8

№10
                                                                                             №11
                                                                                             №12
                                                                                             №13
                                                                                             №14
                                                                                             №15
                                                                                             №16
                                                                                             №17

Оффлайн Tanya B.

• Постоялец
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #1559 : 02 февраля 2017, 10:44:04 »
9)
A - 5
B - 2
D - 6
E - 1
F - 7