Автор Тема: Новый учебник, вопросы к предстоящему зачету  (Прочитано 6683 раз)

Оффлайн asdfg

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
3rd Grade Unit 2
II. Grammar. Pronunciation

I.  Write the three forms of the following verbs. Learn them by heart.
     а) to repeat, to translate, to study, to answer, to ask, to stop, to finish.
     b) to be, to have, to read, to write, to go, to do, to begin, to give, to see, to make, to know, to lie, to swim.

II.  Write the -ing form of the following verbs.
      To be, to have, to travel, to study, to write, to read, to enjoy, to lie, to swim.

III.  Read the following sentences, translate them into Russian and see how Past Simple is used in them.
      1. I travelled to the sea last year.
      2. We went to the beach last weekend.
      3. We walked every day.
      4. We had a good time.
      5. We were very happy.
from the story My Last Year Holiday

IV.  Copy the sentences of Ex. III.

V.   Read the following sentences, translate them into Russian and see how Past Continuous is used in them. Yesterday we were at the country.
      1. We were walking after dinner.
      2. We were swimming after dinner.
      3. I was lying in the sun.
      4. We were having a picnic yesterday at 7 o'clock.
      5. We were having a good time.

VI.  Copy the sentences of Ex. V.

VII. Translate the following sentences into Russian and explain the difference between them.

1.   I speak Russian every day. I don't speak English every day. I am speaking English at the moment.
2.   I listen to the audio materials regularly, at home and in the classroom. I am not listening to the audio materials now. I am translating these sentences from English into Russian.
3.   I do English exercises at every lesson. I am doing English exercises now.

1.   I went to Crimea last summer. I didn't go to Crimea last summer. I was going to Crimia, when I saw an accident.
2.   We lived in Crimea. We didn't live in Crimea. We met while we were living in Crimea.
3.   She called me yesterday. She didn't call me yesterday. I was doing my homework when she mum called

3.     We waited for Boris yesterday. We didn't wait for Boris yesterday. We saw a miracle while we were waiting for Boris.

VIII.
We were having a picnic when it started to rain.
She was sleeping, when I came in.
For a while, Boris was waiting for Mary, but she didn’t show up.

IX. Translate the following sentences into English.
      1. В прошлом году мы ездили на море.
      2. Когда мы были на море мы купались и загорали.
      3. Ты собрал вещи? - Да, я это сделал.
      4. Когда я пришел к Джону он спал.
      5. Когда я возвращался с вокзала я встертил Бориса.
we all have secrets...

Оффлайн V.B.

• Генеральный директор
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
4. A Holiday in Crimea

I've been to many places in the world, but I've never seen a place more beautiful than Crimea.
     Here you can have a quiet rest on a beach lying in the sun and enjoying the sight of superb mountains. You can swim in warm and blue waters of the Black sea.
     If you want to have a walking holiday you can go to the mountains and relax with a tent there. If you want to go sightseeing, you can enjoy your time in the palaces of Livadia and Alupka or go to Balaklava and the hero city of Sevastopol.
     Crimea is a huge open-air museum. You'll come back home happy and healthy. The Russian tzars spent their long summer holidays there.

Оффлайн V.B.

• Генеральный директор
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
3. An Important Event

When Boris came to Moscow the first time we took him to the Moscow Kremlin. It was an important event for him and for days he talked about it.
     At last the day came when we started our way to Red Square. It was eleven o'clock in the morning when we took Sretenka and Nikolskaya street and half an hour later we reached the heart of Moscow.
     The Moscow Kremlin is the oldest part of the city, a symbol of the Russian nationality and the official residence of the President of the Russian Federation.  The first settlement on the site of the Kremlin appeared about 4,000 years ago.  High location allowed the Kremlin to see enemies from a distance, and the river was a natural barrier on their way. The Kremlin was originally made ​​of wood. During the governing of Dmitry Donskoy there were built white stone walls in the Kremlin.  Since then Moscow was called the white-stone. The existing Kremlin walls and towers were built by Italian masters over the years 1485 to 1495.
     Boris was greatly impressed by Tsar Cannon and Tsar Bell: the biggest bell that never rang and the biggest cannon that never shot. We came back home in the evening. We enjoyed our day in the Kremlin.

Оффлайн V.B.

• Генеральный директор
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
III. Reading. Writing. Free Speech

1.The Way I Spend My Weekends

How do I spend my weekends? I spend my weekends in different ways.
     In summer Dad takes us to the country and we enjoy our time in the country house. We swim in the river, lie in the sun on the river beach and go to the forest.
     In autumn, winter and spring we stay in town where we go to the theartres, art galleries and museums. Mum says she wants  her children to be educated young people. We would spoil her life if we stay low intellectually!
     When Mum is busy we take our time and play computer games with my sister. Visiting friends and relatives is also an interesting occupation.
     I usually enjoy my weekends greatly and come back to school refreshed and happy.

2. What was I Doing on My Latest Weekend

On my latest weekend I was having an interesting time in the following way.
     In the morning I was staying in bed sleeping, reading a book and playing my favorite computer games.
     In the afternoon I felt I had enough of good time in bed, dressed up and decided to call my friend Boris in London. Boris didn't answer, but his Dad did. It was ten o'clock London time, and Boris was still sleeping because he was very tired after the week of school.
     Then Mary came into my room and said that Mum was waiting for us to go to the Manege to see a modern art exhibition.
     "Is Dad going?" I asked. "Yes, he is", Mary answered. "But he hates modern art", I moaned.
     "Oh, yes! He does. But he loves Mum".
     When we came back home in the evening Mum treated us to our favorite tasty pie for our patience.

Оффлайн InkJoy

• Go with the flow
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
My Summer Vacation Vocabulary

1.   To sit under the beach umbrella
2.   To have a cool box
3.   To play volleyball
4.   To eat watermelon
5.   To jump over the waves
6.   To have a sailboat ride
7.   To go in for windsurfing
8.   To wear goggles to protect eyes
9.   To stay in a log cabin
10.   To have a potato sack race
11.   To jump on a trampoline
12.   To share stories
13.   To sit around the campfire
14.   To play tug of war
15.   To climb a rock
16.   To play Frisbee
17.   To go in for water/jet skiing

Оффлайн InkJoy

• Go with the flow
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
Texts for the Free Speech Lessons

Оффлайн InkJoy

• Go with the flow
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
The Winning Habits by Murori Kiunga
“Don’t Give Up the Struggle” (adapted, Group C)

1. Abraham Lincoln, a lawyer and the 16th American president never gave up. He was born in a poor family. He was not the best pupil at school. He failed in business twice at the age of 21 and 24, he had a depression at the age of 27, lost all his political races, but finally was elected president, when he was 52.

2. Thomas Edison, a great scientist and an inventor believed: “Every person can succeed if they work hard. People don’t work hard because they imagine that they’ll wake up some day rich and famous. Actually, they are half right, because they do wake up.”

Оффлайн info

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
The Winning Habits by Murori Kiunga

Оффлайн Ann

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
III. Reading. Writing. Free Speech

1.The Way I Spend My Weekends

How do I spend my weekends? I spend my weekends in different ways.
     In summer Dad takes us to the country and we enjoy our time in the country house. We swim in the river, lie in the sun on the river beach and go to the forest.
     In autumn, winter and spring we stay in town where we go to the theartres, art galleries and museums. Mum says she wants  her children to be educated young people. We would spoil her life if we stay low intellectually!
     When Mum is busy we take our time and play computer games with my sister. Visiting friends and relatives is also an interesting occupation.
     I usually enjoy my weekends greatly and come back to school refreshed and happy.

2. What was I Doing on My Latest Weekend

On my latest weekend I was having an interesting time in the following way.
     In the morning I was staying in bed sleeping, reading a book and playing my favorite computer games.
     In the afternoon I felt I had enough of good time in bed, dressed up and decided to call my friend Boris in London. Boris didn't answer, but his Dad did. It was ten o'clock London time, and Boris was still sleeping because he was very tired after the week of school.
     Then Mary came into my room and said that Mum was waiting for us to go to the Manege to see a modern art exhibition.
     "Is Dad going?" I asked. "Yes, he is", Mary answered. "But he hates modern art", I moaned.
     "Oh, yes! He does. But he loves Mum".
     When we came back home in the evening Mum treated us to our favorite tasty pie for our patience.

The Moscow Kremlin is the oldest part of the city, a symbol of the Russian nationality, one of the largest architectural ensembles in the world. It is the main social, political, religious and historical complex of the Moscow, the official residence of the President of the Russian Federation. The Moscow Kremlin is located on the left bank of the Moskva River — on the Borovitsky Hill — at the confluence of the Neglinnaya River. The first settlement on the site of the Kremlin appeared about 4,000 years ago. The place of the construction of the Kremlin was not chosen by chance. High location allowed the Kremlin to see enemies from a distance, and the river served as a natural barrier on their way. The Kremlin was originally made ​​of wood. There was built an earthen wall for greater reliability around the walls. The remains of the fortifications was discovered during construction work nowadays. The first wooden wall on the place of the Kremlin was built in 1156 under decree of Prince Yuri Dolgorukiy. This data is preserved in the ancient chronicles. In the early 14th century, the city was governed by Prince Ivan Kalita. He decided to decorate and enhance the city and ordered to build the new walls. During the governing of Dmitry Donskoy, there were built stone walls in the Kremlin. It was built of limestone, which was mined in quarries near Moscow. The Kremlin so impressed contemporaries with beauty of its white walls, that since then Moscow was called the white-stone

Оффлайн Ann

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
HOLIDAYS. DAY OFF

My Last Year Holiday

I had a great holiday last year. My father and I went to the sea for a week.
     It was the first time we went to the seaside and an important event for us. For weeks we talked about it and were getting our things ready.
     At last the day came when the holiday began. We came to the seaside town and went to the beach immediately. We had a swim and enjoyed it greatly.
     After that we spent many hours of each day on the beach. We were swimming and lying in the sun in the morning and we were walking along the beach in the evening.
     I've just come back from the holiday of this year. But this is another story.

Active vocabulary

1.  A holiday                                                                         каникулы, отпуск
     To have a holiday
2.  To go to the sea                                                               поехать на море
3.  Seaside                                                                           берег моря
     A seaside town                                                                город у моря             
4.  To get things ready                                                          готовиться, паковать вещи
5.  A beach                                                                          пляж
     To  go to the beach                                                     
6.  To swim                                                                          плавать
     To have a swim
7.  To lie in the sun                                                               загорать
8.  To enjoy smth.                                                                наслаждаться чем-то
9.   In the morning                                                               утром
10. In the evening                                                                вечером
11. To come (came, come)  back                                            возвращаться               

Оффлайн kondrasha96

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
Коллеги, насчёт того, что было пройдено на АПК:
Учебник World Culture literature
Страница 2, биография Артура Конан Дойла.
Мы перевели текст и ответили на вопросы, которые я выложила ранее.

Вот, всем спасибо за внимание

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
На мой взгляд, для начала вполне достаточно. Посмотрим, как справятся с этими заданиями наши учащиеся. Потом, при необходимости, можно добавить и что-нибудь вроде:

6)  How did this author become famous? What was the author's key to success?
7)  What character traits do you admire  in this author the most?
8) What impact did the author have on the lives of other people and on literature in general?
9) What facts from his/her biography do you consider to be the most interesting/remarkable ones? Why?

Оффлайн kondrasha96

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
Коллеги, выношу на общее обсуждение вопросы по новому учебнику World Literature. На совещании мы остановились на том, что с детьми мы разбираем двоих писателей на первое время - Артур Конан Дойл и Марк Твен.

С теми группами, у кого я вела АПК, мы разобрали биографию сэра Артура, и я предлагаю проверять их знание следующими вопросами:
1) Where is the author from?
2) Where was he/she born?
3) What is the author famous for?
4) What stories of this author do you know?
5) What can you tell about the author's life?

Это мои рассуждения, жду ваших советов и, возможно, улучшений)