Автор Тема: News  (Прочитано 256232 раз)

Оффлайн kondrasha96

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
Re: News
« Ответ #608 : 11 июня 2020, 13:49:55 »
Юниты для 1 класса, для согласования. Unit 2. My Family and I находится в работе, скоро выложу примерное его содержание.

Contents
UNIT 1. My Toys

I. Vocabulary and Speech

II. Grammar and Phonetics

III. Class Reading, Home Reading, Writing

IV. Free Speech

V. Distance Learning. Audio and Visual Aids

UNIT 1. My Toys
UNIT 2. My Pets
UNIT 3. Sports & Games (Playtime)
UNIT 4. My Family and I
UNIT 5. My Day
UNIT 6. My Room (The Place I Live In)
UNIT 7. Seasons and Weather
UNIT 8. The School I Go To
UNIT 9. My Friends & ENEMIES

UNIT 1. My Family and I
UNIT 2. The School I Go To
UNIT 3. Seasons and Weather
UNIT 4. Holidays. Day Off
UNIT 5. The Place I Live in
UNIT 6. The Games I Play (Real Games vs Computer Games)
UNIT 7. Animals
UNIT 8. Friends and Enemies

Оффлайн InkJoy

• Go with the flow
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #607 : 10 июня 2020, 22:09:59 »
With all changes (draft)

Оффлайн asdfg

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #606 : 10 июня 2020, 16:09:35 »
we all have secrets...

Оффлайн asdfg

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #605 : 10 июня 2020, 15:41:07 »
II класс. Draft
Contents
UNIT 1. My Family and I
I. Vocabulary and Speech

IV. Free Speech

UNIT 1. My Family and I
UNIT 2. The School I Go To
UNIT 3. The Weather
UNIT 4. Holidays. Day Off
UNIT 5. The Place I Live in
UNIT 6. The Games I Play (Real Games vs Computer Games)
UNIT 7. Animals
we all have secrets...

Оффлайн InkJoy

• Go with the flow
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #604 : 10 июня 2020, 15:03:25 »
UNIT I. The Pre-War Period

I. History

II. Literature

John Galsworthy (1867 - 1933) (Biography)

John Galsworthy was an English novelist and playwright. He was born on August 14, 1867 in a rich family. He gave up his legal career of a lawyer and decided to spend all his time writing.
     Over the course of his life, Galsworthy wrote a number of novels, short stories and plays. His works were mainly focused on the social class system of that time. At the same time, he also supported different causes such as women’s right and animal protection through his writings. He was offered many titles but writing had always been the greatest reward to him. However, he later accepted the Order of Merit and also the Nobel Prize.
     John Galsworthy is best remembered for his trilogy ‘The Forsyte Saga’. It is actually a series of three novels written between 1906 and 1921. These books depict the life of three generations in an upper middle class family, like his own.
     John Galsworthy married Ada Nemesis Pearson Cooper. They did not have any children and lived together till his death in 1933. After that the popularity of his works began to fall. Interest in his literary talent renewed once more when in 1967, the television adaption of his ‘The Forsyte Saga’ by BBC became highly successful.

III. Cinema

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyUqa97ytgs ???

History Of Cinematography

It was born at the end of the 19th century. The first people who showed the first movies to a public were the Lumiere Brothers of France. They did it on the 20th February, 1896 at the Grand Cafe, Boulevard des Capucines, Paris. This was the first cinema show and it was quickly followed by many others in all parts of the world.

The first films showed moving people and transport, wars and short comedies. In 1901 France was the first country to produce a dramatic film, The Story of a Crime, which was followed by The Great Train Robbery in the United States in 1903.
     At first, films were shown anywhere: in music halls, clubs and shops. By 1908, special film theatres were built to give regular programmes. At this time cinema rapidly developed in both the New and the Old World. Charlie Chaplin made his first film, Making a living, in 1914 in the USA. At that time the world was crazy about Charlie, that was created by Charlie Spencer Chaplin. His Charlie, small and clumsy yet kind-hearted, generous and brave, has attracted the hearts of simple people in different countries. Sometimes they would stand in long queues to see a film with their favourite actor. The first films in the West were mainly melodramas or comedies.

Оффлайн asdfg

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #603 : 10 июня 2020, 15:01:09 »
Draft UNIT 2
we all have secrets...

Оффлайн asdfg

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #602 : 08 июня 2020, 19:52:42 »

II класс. Draft
Contents
UNIT 1. My Family and I

I. Vocabulary and Speech

IV. Free Speech

we all have secrets...

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #601 : 08 июня 2020, 16:46:51 »
John Galsworthy (1867 - 1933) (Biography)

John Galsworthy was an English novelist and playwright. He was born on August 14, 1867 in a rich upper middle class family. But when his father died, Galsworthy inherited his father’s estate and became financially independent. He  gave up his legal career of a lawyer and decided to devote all his time to writing.

Over the course of his life, Galsworthy wrote a number of novels, short stories and plays.His works were mainly focused on the social class system of that time. At the same time, he also supported different causes such as women’s right and animal protection through his writings.  He was offered many titles but writing had always been the greatest reward to him. However, he later accepted the Order of Merit and also the Nobel Prize.

John Galsworthy is best remembered for his trilogy ‘The Forsyte Saga’. It is actually a series of three novels  written between 1906 and 1921. These books depict the life of three generations in an upper middle class  family, like his own.

John Galsworthy married Ada Nemesis Pearson Cooper. They did not have any children and lived together till his death in 1933. After that the popularity of his works began to fall. Interest in his literary talent renewed once more when in 1967, the television adaption of his ‘The Forsyte Saga’ by BBC became highly successful.

Оффлайн InkJoy

• Go with the flow
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #600 : 05 июня 2020, 16:47:04 »
Home reading:

- John Galsworthy: The Forsyte Saga (1906–1921)
- Ernest Hemingway: A Farewell to Arms (1929)

"A look at the 20th century"

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #599 : 04 июня 2020, 10:37:52 »
A Farewell to Arms

The novel is set between 1916 and 1918 during the First World War in Italy. A young soldier Frederic Henry is wounded in a battle and sent to a hospital in Milan. There he meets Catherine Barkley, an English  nurse, and  they fall in love with each other. They begin a beautiful love affair, while Frederic recovers from his injury. On  Frederic's last day in Milan they spend plenty of time together but then Frederic has to return to the front. The lovers don’t know if they will ever see each other again.

When Frederic returns, he becomes involved in the Italian retreat. The ambulance car Frederic is driving gets stuck in the mud, and when the two soldiers who were in the car with him refuse to help, Frederic shoots at them. Now the military are after him and he must either escape or be caught and killed, so he deserts his post in the army.

Frederic manages to find civilian clothes to disguise himself and decides to look for Catherine. He learns that she lives in a small Italian town of Stresa and, fortunately, discovers her there. Catherine and Frederic spend a few days together happily, but soon they find out that Italian police is looking for Frederic in order to arrest him for desertion. The couple decide to escape to Switzerland by boat.

In Switzerland Frederic and Catherine rent a cottage and enjoy a happy life while she is waiting for a baby. However, the baby is born dead and Catherine dies soon after in Frederic's hands. At the end of the story Frederic walks back to the hotel in the rain with his heart broken.

Оффлайн InkJoy

• Go with the flow
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #598 : 02 июня 2020, 13:35:43 »
 The fact that we study the 20th century, as a historic part of the mankind, through the literature and cinema, means that we have to divide the whole century into 10 parts or decades (00-s, 10-s, 20-s and so on). It would be more logic and consistently. So my suggestion is to create 10 chapters (about two chapters per quarter), each of them will include the describing as a historic period, its authors and their masterpieces and great films of this time (at least some fragments), of course.

What do You think?

It would look like this:

Chapter I. The 00-s

- Short historic describing of that time period

- Literature:
Mark Twain - The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (1876) and Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (1884) ???
John Galsworthy - The Forsyte Saga (1906–1921)
Jack London - The Call of the Wild and White Fang (1906)

- Cinema: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyUqa97ytgs
History Of Cinematography. It was born at the end of the 19th century. The first people who showed the first movies to a public were the Lumiere Brothers of France. They did it on the 20th February, 1896 at the Grand Cafe, Boulevard des Capucines, Paris. This was the first cinema show and it was quickly followed by many others in all parts of the world.

The first films showed moving people and transport, wars and short comedies. In 1901 France was the first country to produce a dramatic film, The Story of a Crime, which was followed by The Great Train Robbery in the United States in 1903.
At first, films were shown anywhere: in music halls, clubs and shops. By 1908, special film theatres were built to give regular programmes. At this time cinema rapidly developed in both the New and the Old World. Charlie Chaplin made his first film, Making a living, in 1914 in the USA. At that time the world was crazy about Charlie, that was created by Charlie Spencer Chaplin. His Charlie, small and clumsy yet kind-hearted, generous and brave, has attracted the hearts of simple people in different countries. Sometimes they would stand in long queues to see a film with their favourite actor. The first films in the West were mainly melodramas or comedies.

Chapter II. The 10-s

- Literature: John Galsworthy - The Forsyte Saga (1906–1921)

- Cinema: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROOV9tucra0
Then, in 1927, Warner Brothers in Hollywood made the first film in which an actor sang and spoke. The film was called Jazz Singer. It opened a new era in films - the era of the “talkies”. The film mostly told its story with titles, but it had three songs and a short dialogue. There were long lines of people in front of the Warner Theatre in New York. The silent film was dead within a year. The first one hundred percent sound film, Lights of New York, appeared in 1928.

Chapter III. The 20-s

- Literature:

Ernest Hemingway -  In Our Time (1926), The Sun Also Rises (1927), A Farewell to Arms (1929)
Erich Maria Remarque - All Quiet on the Western Front (1928)

-  Cinema:
The jazz singer - (1928) Director: Alan Crosland
The gold rush - (1925) Director: Charles Chaplin

Chapter IV. The 30-s

- Literature:
Ernest Hemingway - To Have and Have Not (1937)
John Steinbeck - Tortilla Flat (1935), The Red Pony (1933), Of Mice and Men (1937), The Grapes of Wrath (1939)
Erich Maria Remarque - Three Comrades (1936)

- Cinema:
All Quiet on the Western Front - (1930) Director: Lewis Milestone
City Lights - (1931) Director: Charles Chaplin

King Kong - (The Eighth Wonder) (1933) Directors: Merian C. Cooper, Ernest B. Schoedsack
The Wizard of Oz - (1939) Director: Victor Fleming

Chapter V. The 40-s

- Literature:
Ernest Hemingway - For Whom the Bell Tolls (1940)
John Steinbeck - Cannery Row (1945)
Erich Maria Remarque - Arch of Triumph (1945)

- Cinema:
Gone With The Wind - (1940) Director: Victor Fleming
It's a Wonderful Life - (1946) Director: Frank Capra
Casablanca - (1942)

Chapter VI. The 50-s

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #597 : 01 июня 2020, 16:43:05 »
E. Hemingway (1899 – 1961)  (Biography)

Ernest Hemingway  was an American novelist, short-story writer, journalist and sportsman.  He was born in the Chicago suburb of Oak Park, Illinois, His father was a doctor and his mother was a musician. As a young man, he was interested in writing. After graduating from High School in 1917, he worked for the Kansas City Star newspaper where he gained skills necessary for his future work.

As an ambulance driver in Italy during World War I, Ernest Hemingway was wounded and spent several months in the hospital. While he was there, he met and fell in love with a Red Cross nurse . They planned to marry; however, she became engaged to an Italian officer instead  and Hemingway returned home with his heart broken.

His wartime experiences formed the basis for his novel A Farewell to Arms (1929).He also wrote some of the most famous works of the 20th century, including  “The Sun Also Rises,” “For Whom the Bell Tolls,” and “The Old Man and the Sea.” The writing of books occupied Hemingway for most of the postwar years. He lived in Paris, but he traveled quite a lot and was fond of skiing,bullfighting, fishing, and hunting that by then had become part of his life and formed the background for his books.

All of his life Hemingway was fascinated by war—in "A Farewell to Arms" he focused on its pointlessness, in "For Whom the Bell Tolls" on the friendship it creates. During the Second World War He also participated in the liberation of Paris, and, though he was just a journalist, he impressed professional soldiers not only as a man of courage, but also as a real expert in military warfare.

Hemingway's writing style was so unique that it left a legacy in literature that will last forever. He was  noted both for the intense masculinity of his writing and for his adventurous life. Most of his works were produced between the mid-1920s and the mid-1950s. In total, He published seven novels, six short-story collections, and two nonfiction works and  won the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1954. Many of his works are considered classics of American literature.

Оффлайн Ann

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #596 : 31 мая 2020, 22:21:32 »
Let's Learn English! Topic: Covid-19 / Coronavirus Vocabulary

Оффлайн InkJoy

• Go with the flow
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #595 : 21 мая 2020, 20:31:43 »
Adapted version

The 20th century is the century from the year 1901 to 2000. Many events have happened during this time including two world wars (WWI and WWII) and advances such as industrialization. The human population of Earth has also increased more during this century than any previous one.

to be continued ...

Important developments, events and achievements

1) Science and Technology
- The assembly line and mass production of motor vehicles and other goods allowed manufacturers to produce more and cheaper products. This allowed the automobile to become the most important means of transportation.
- The invention of heavier-than-air flying machines and the jet engine allowed for the world to become "smaller". Space flight increased knowledge of the rest of the universe and allowed for global real-time communications.
- Mass media technologies such as radio, television and film allow the communication of political messages and entertainment.
- Mass availability of the telephone and later, the computer, especially through the Internet, provides people with new opportunities for communication.
- Advances in fundamental physics through the theory of relativity and quantum mechanics lead to the development of nuclear weapons, nuclear energy, and the laser.
- The big bang model of cosmology was developed.
- Inventions such as the washing machine and air conditioning led to an increase in both the quantity and quality of free time

2) Wars and Politics
- Rising nationalism and increasing national awareness were among the causes of World War I, the first of two wars to involve all the major world powers including Russia, Germany, France, Italy, the United States and the British Commonwealth. World War I led to the creation of many new countries, especially in Eastern Europe.
- The economic and political aftermath of World War I led to the rise of Fascism and Nazism in Europe, and shortly to World War II. This war also involved Asia and the Pacific, in the form of Japanese aggression against China and the United States. While the First World War mainly cost lives among soldiers, civilians suffered greatly in the Second - from the bombing of cities on both sides, and in the unprecedented German genocide of the Jews and others, known as the Holocaust.
- Unhappiness in Russia led to the rise of Communism and the Russian Revolution. After the Soviet Union's involvement in World War II, Communism became a major force in global politics, spreading all over the world: notably, to Eastern Europe, China, Indochina and Cuba. This led to the Cold War with the western world, led by the United States.
- The "fall of Communism" in the late 1980s left the United States as the world's only superpower. It also led to the dissolution of the Soviet Union and Yugoslavia into successor states, many rife with ethnic nationalism.
- Through the League of Nations and, after World War II, the United Nations, international cooperation increased. Other efforts included the formation of the European Union, leading to a common currency in much of Western Europe, the euro.
- The end of colonialism led to the independence of many African and Asian countries. During the Cold War, many of these aligned with the USA, the USSR, or China for defense.
- The creation of Israel, a Jewish state in a mostly Arab region of the world, fueled many conflicts in the region, which were also influenced by the vast oil fields in many of the Arab countries.

3) Disease and Medicine
- Though modern medicine is better than ever, an influenza pandemic kills 25 million people in 1918-1919 (the Spanish Flu).
- Advances in medicine, such as the invention of antibiotics, decreased the number of people dying from diseases.
- The discovery of DNA molecules and the advent of molecular biology allowed for cloning and genetic engineering.

4) Natural Resources and the Environment
- The widespread use of petroleum in industry - led to the vital geopolitical importance of petroleum resources. The Middle East, home to many of the world's oil deposits, became a center of geopolitical and military tension throughout the latter half of the century.
- Using of fossil fuel (oil, gas, coal...) led to air, water and soil pollution

Active Vocabulary
1) a century - век
2) an advance - достижение
3) to increase - увеличиваться
4) previous - предыдущий
5) a development - развитие, разработка
6) an achievement - достижение, успех
7) an assembly line - сборочный конвеер, линия
8) mass production - массовое производство
9) a vehicle - транспортное средство
10) goods - товары
11) to produce - производить
12) to allow - позволить
13) an invention - изобретение
14) jet engine - реактивный двигатель
15) a knowledge - знание
16) an availability - доступность
17) theory of relativity - теория относительности
18) nuclear - ядерный
19) the big bang theory - теория большого взрыва
20) lead (led, led) - вести к чему-либо

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #594 : 21 мая 2020, 18:11:42 »
A Farewell to Arms (1929)

A Farewell to Arms is set during the Italian campaign of World War I. First published in 1929, it is a first-person account of an American, Frederic Henry, serving as a lieutenant in the ambulance corps of the Italian Army. The title is taken from a poem by the 16th-century English dramatist George Peele. The novel describes a love affair between the emigrant Henry and an English nurse, Catherine Barkley.

Its publication ensured Hemingway's place as a modern American writer of considerable stature. The book became his first best-seller and was adapted several times.

For Whom the Bell Tolls (1940)

For Whom the Bell Tolls is a novel by Ernest Hemingway published in 1940. It tells the story of Robert Jordan, a young American volunteer who joined a Republican guerrilla unit during the Spanish Civil War. As a dynamiter, he is ordered to blow up a bridge during an attack on the city of Segovia.

It was published just after the end of the Spanish Civil War which was commonly viewed as the rehearsal for the Second World War. The novel is regarded as one of Hemingway's best works.

The Old Man and the Sea (1951)

The Old Man and the Sea is a short novel written by the American author Ernest Hemingway in 1951 in Cuba, and published in 1952. It was the last major work of fiction by Hemingway that was published during his lifetime. One of his most famous works, it tells the story of Santiago, an aging Cuban fisherman who struggles with a giant marlin far out in the Gulf Stream off the coast of Cuba.

In 1953, The Old Man and the Sea was awarded the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction and was a great contribution into the World Literature.