Автор Тема: News  (Прочитано 255592 раз)

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
Re: News
« Ответ #458 : 19 июня 2018, 17:25:45 »
    To DAS.
    For understanding the play and the musicale we need the scenes where Higgins and Pickering teach the girl how to pronounce English sounds and then the reception where Eliza does her best.

To Ann.
    I realise you are right, but unfortunately both of these scenes aren't present in the play. It is only implied that the lessons actually took place as Eliza's pronunciation becomes better and better. The 'reception' part is also omitted - at the end of ACT III they leave for the reception, and at the beginning of ACT IV they come back.

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #457 : 19 июня 2018, 17:07:40 »
My Fair Lady slides (Part 2)

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #456 : 19 июня 2018, 17:06:59 »
My Fair Lady Slides (part 1)

Оффлайн asdfg

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #455 : 18 июня 2018, 07:55:08 »
To Ann for approval
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJr9SSJKkII" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJr9SSJKkII</a>
we all have secrets...

Оффлайн Ann

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #454 : 18 июня 2018, 02:04:19 »
    To DAS.
    I enjoyed all the episodes you've chosen.   
    For understanding the play and the musicale we need the scenes where Higgins and Pickering teach the girl how to pronounce English sounds and then the reception where Eliza does her best.
    Of course there are  some more which are funny and unforgettable, but I am not  exactly sure we'll be able to include them all into our strict structure.

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #453 : 18 июня 2018, 00:28:00 »
To Ann. Understood. What other episodes should we include?

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #452 : 18 июня 2018, 00:02:34 »

Next day at 11 a.m.  Higgins’s laboratory in Wimpole Street. Colonel Pickering is sitting at the table.  Higgins is standing near him. Higgins is a strong, lively man of forty. He is dressed in a professional black coat with a white shirt and a black silk tie.  He is an energetic person and is very interested in science.

[Mrs. Pearce, Higgin’s housekeeper looks in]
Mrs. Pearce.  A young woman wants to see you, sir.
Higgins [to Pickering] Let’s have a look at her. Invite her in, Mrs. Pearce.
The flower girl enters in state. Her clothes are cleaner than last time, but they are still a little dirty and very strange.
Higgins. Why, I met this girl last night.  She’s not useful to me now.  [To the girl] Please, go away.  I don’t need you anymore.

The flower girl.  Listen to me first. I came here for lessons and I can pay for them, too.  I want to be a lady in a flower shop but they will not take me, if I don’t learn to speak more gently and learn manners.
Higgins.  What’s your name?
The flower girl.  Liza Doolittle.
Higgins.  How much do you want to pay for a lesson?
Liza.  Well, you are going to teach me my own language so I won’t give more than a shilling.  And that’s all I can give!
Higgins.  Pickering, She earns about half-a-crown a day and she offers me two-fifths or 40 per cent of her day’s income for a lesson.  It’s quite a lot! My god, it’s the biggest offer I ever had!

Pickering.  Higgins:  I’m interested.  What about the ambassador’s garden party?  You are the best teacher ever! You will teach her and I’ll pay for the lessons.
Higgins.  All right!  Eliza:  you are going to live here for the next six months and learn how to speak beautifully, like a lady. If you study well , you shall sleep in a bedroom, and have lots to eat, money to buy chocolates and take rides in a taxi. At the end of six months you shall go to Buckingham Palace in a carriage, beautifully dressed. If you’re bad and lazy you will sleep in the back kitchen with black beetles!. Is that clear? Mrs. Pearce, take her to the bath-room now!

Оффлайн Ann

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #451 : 17 июня 2018, 01:48:43 »
     To DAS. The extracts from Bernard Shaw could be used.  Please continue to introduce the further ones and try to introduce "My Fair lady".

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #450 : 16 июня 2018, 18:02:45 »

Covent Garden at 11.15 p.m.  It is raining cats and dogs. People are trying to hide in the market and in St. Paul’s Church, where there are already several people. Everyone is looking sadly at the heavy rain, except one man with his back turned to the other people, who is very busy writing something in his notebook.

Freddy was trying to get a cab for his mother and sister, so that they could get home. But while he was looking for one he bumped into a flower girl and all her flowers fell into the mud. The flower girl is eighteen or twenty and she is not very attractive. She is wearing old and poor clothes, her boots are very dirty, her hair needs washing, too and the language she speaks can’t be called English, because it is very simple and full of mistakes.

The note taker.  Do you see this poor flower girl with her terrible English?  Well, sir, in three months I could teach her manners and fluent English and pass that girl off as a duchess at an ambassador’s garden party. 
The gentleman.  I am myself a student of Indian dialects; and—¬
The note taker. Are you?  Do you know Colonel Pickering, the author of Spoken Sanscrit?
The gentleman.  I am Colonel Pickering.  Who are you?
The note taker.  Henry Higgins, author of Higgins’s Universal
Alphabet.

Pickering [with enthusiasm] I came from India to meet you.
Higgins.  And I was going to India to meet you.
Pickering.  I stayed at the Carlton hotel.  Come with me now and let’s have a talk and a supper.
Flower girl. Can you buy any of my flowers? I am giving the whole basket for sixpence!
Higgins raises his hat, throws a handful of money into her basket and goes away.
Flower girl. Wow, it’s much more than sixpence here! It’s a lot of money, what a lucky day!! I am going home by taxi!

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #449 : 14 июня 2018, 21:06:16 »
     To DAS. The slides are good. Go on like this.
     The surprise to me is: they all look much older then they are supposed to be at the beginning of the book, but it can't be helped.

Ann, thanks a lot! Oh, yes! Only sir Rhett Butler meets his age more or less.

Оффлайн Ann

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #448 : 14 июня 2018, 00:05:14 »
     To DAS. The slides are good. Go on like this.
     The surprise to me is: they all look much older then they are supposed to be at the beginning of the book, but it can't be helped.

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #447 : 13 июня 2018, 14:05:42 »
Часть 2

3) 1, 2 Бегство из Атланты

4) 3, 4, 5 Последний эпизод. Расставание Скарлетт и Ретта

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #446 : 13 июня 2018, 14:02:51 »
Слайды "Унессенные Ветром"

Часть 1

1) 1-2   Скарлетт и близнецы

2) 3, 4, 5  Ссора с Эшли и знакомство с Реттом Батлером

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #445 : 08 июня 2018, 21:31:33 »
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

1. Read aloud. Mind your intonation.
2. Complete the sentences by quoting the text.
3. The teacher dictates the text. Put it down.

George Bernard Shaw was an Irish playwright and a literary critic. He won the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1925. George Bernard Shaw didn’t get good education and started working at the age of 15. After a while, Shaw moved to London to live with his mother and began writing plays and novels because he wanted a career in literature.

Most of his early plays focused on social problems, but the audience didn’t like it at the start. Some of his plays such as ‘Caesar and Cleopatra’, ‘Major Barbara’, ‘The Doctor's Dilemma’, ‘Saint Joan’ and ‘Pygmalion’ got much appreciation and became his greatest successes on the stage. He lived the rest of his life as a famous person, interested in dramatics until his death. Shaw still remains one of the most important writers in the English language who helped to form the theatre of his time.

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #444 : 07 июня 2018, 14:05:38 »

“Oh No, Rhett” she cried. “All I know is that you do not love me and you are going away! Oh, my darling, if you go, what shall I do?”
He waited for a moment and then said:
“Scarlett, I don’t want to pick up broken fragments anymore and stick them together. What is broken is broken. Perhaps, if I were younger- may be. But I’m too old to believe in such things. I’m too old to listen to your lies. I can’t live with you and lie to you and I certainly can’t lie to myself. I can’t even lie to you now. I wish I could care what you do or where you go, but I don’t.”
 “My dear, I don’t really care.”

Scarlett silently watched Rhett go upstairs, feeling that she would die from the pain in her heart. She knew now that he had been sure about every word he said. She knew because she felt in him something strong and unusual. Something she had looked for in Ashley and never found.

She had never understood the two men she had loved and so she had lost them both. Now, she knew that, had she ever understood Ashley, she would never have loved him; had she ever understood Rhett, she would never have lost him. She wasn’t sure if she had ever really understood anyone in the world.

There was sadness in her heart now, a sadness that she knew would become a strong pain.
“I won’t think of it now,” she thought. “I’ll go crazy if I think about losing him now. I’ll think of it tomorrow.”
“But,” cried her heart, “I can’t let him go! There must be some way!”
She could get Rhett back. She knew she could.
“I’ll think of it all tomorrow, at Tara. Tomorrow, I’ll think of some way to get him back. After all, tomorrow is another day.