Автор Тема: Short texts for reading  (Прочитано 774825 раз)

Оффлайн Alfred Nobel

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
Re: Short texts for reading
« Ответ #1797 : 25 мая 2017, 12:12:56 »
1.  He had his hair cut at the hairdresser's, put on his new suit, which was made at the tailor's and went to his motherland where he wasn't for ten years.
2. When you are ill, you have a soarthroat, a headache or a stomachache, you can call a doctor.
3. If you feel sick so much that you cant go to the hospital, doctor can come to your place.
4. We started our journey, although it rained.
5. I bought this coat, although it is expencive and fashionable.
6. I wonder, where I can get my boots repaired in this city.
7. This disease is dangerous because of its consequences.
9. Although he is young, he has a rich experience in this field.
10. How could you allow to get into this trouble?

Оффлайн Vladb

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #1796 : 25 мая 2017, 12:05:50 »
1.  He had his hair cut at the hairdresser's, put on his new suit, which was made at the tailor's and went to his motherland where he wasn't for ten years.
2. When you are ill, you have a soarthroat, a headache or a stomachache, you can call a doctor.
3. If you feel sick so much that you cant go to the hospital, doctor can come to your place.
4. We started our journey, although it rained.
5. I bought this coat, although it is expencive and fashionable.
6. I wonder, where I can get my boots repaired in this city.
7. This disease is dangerous because of its consequences.
9. Although he is young, he has a rich experience in this field.
10. How could you allow to get into this trouble?

Оффлайн That Guy

• Ветеран
  • ?
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #1795 : 25 мая 2017, 11:32:29 »
1. He made his hair cut, putted on new costume that was made at taylor's and went to his native town, where he hadn't been for ten years.
2. When you're ill, you have sore throat, you have a stomach or head ache, you consulting to doctor.
3. If you feeling that bad, that you can't go to the polyclinic, doctor can took a visit to you.
4. We went to the path, although it was raining.
5. I bought this coat, although it is expencive and unfashionable.

Оффлайн МаксРоз2002

• Новичок
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #1794 : 23 мая 2017, 10:44:08 »
1. - What is the weather forecast for tomorrow?
- I don't know, but I think, it will be rain and, probobly, snow.
2. - What about going for a walk on this lovely winter days?
- Good idea! I'm all for it.
3. - The weather is beastly, but we will have a walk, won't we?
- I'm afraid I can't. I hate cold.
4. - That was the worst weather we've ever had.
- I agree. We've never had such bad weather before.
5. Today is much warmer than yesterday. And what is the weather forecast for tomorrow?
6. As for me, I'm not going to interfere in your affairs. Do what you want.
7. He never complains and takes life for what as it as.
8. I didn't think that you're unrelable man.
9. It's well knows that in the summer in hot weather, it's not necessery to stay long in the sun.
10. This man partiticipated in the batteles of Moscow, Kursk and Stalingrad. A few managed to stay alive, going though all 4 years of the war.

Оффлайн Milan

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #1793 : 23 мая 2017, 10:21:37 »
                                                                                    Exercise 10.
1. What will be the weather tomorrow?
I dont know exactly, but looks like there will be rain. And maybe een snow.
2. But if one were to walk in this wonderful  winter morning?
Great idea. Im all for it.
3.Weather nasty, but I think we will still go out.
Oh, no! I cant stand the cold.
4. Worse than today our weather was not. I agree. Never before have we had such bad weather.
5. Its much warmer than yesterday.And what is the weather  forecast for tomorrow?
6. As for me, Im not going to interfere in your affairs.Do what you want.
7. He never complains and takes life for what as it is.
8. I never thought that you are an arleable person.
9. It is well knows that in the summer, in hot weather, it is not necessery to stay long in the sun.
10. This man partiticipated in the battles of Moscow, Kursk and Stalingrad. A few managed to stay alive , going though all 4 years of the war.

Оффлайн Марианна

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #1792 : 18 мая 2017, 12:14:24 »
Moscow, Russia
May 18, 2017
Dear, Tom
I'm so glad to get your latter, I like it and I miss you so much.
 In your text you asked me about museums. We have never go to museums with my class, because we are all busy. My favorite museum is Winter Palace in St. Petersburg, I went there with my mum in summer. It was beautiful! There are many sculptures, gold walls, red carpets! I like it so much. I think people go there because it's a historical place in the north capital of Russia. What about others museums I would like to visit Tratyakov's gallery, because it's the most popular museum in Moscow.
 Do you like hiking? It's a family travel, isn't it?
 I'm sorry, my mum wants me to help her with dinner.

Write me back
Best wishes, Marianne

Оффлайн Vladb

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #1791 : 18 мая 2017, 12:00:31 »
                                                                                                                                                                       Moscow, Russia
                                                                                                                                                                       18.05.2017
    Hi Tom.
    Thank you for your letter. You letter was quite interesting and I read it with pleasure.
    In your letter you told me about your school excursion to the National Museum of American History. Answering your question, I would like to tell you about excursions of my class. First of all, we often go to museums. About five or six times a year. My favourite museum is the Moscow State Art Gallery. I think that people should go there because its exciting. What do you think of Russian museums? Have you ever been to Russia? What do you mind going to Hermitage next summer?
     I'm looking forward to hearing for you.
    Best whishes,
     Vlad

Оффлайн Elly

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
  • domina familia
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #1790 : 18 мая 2017, 10:49:42 »
                                                                                   Ex. XV p. 29

1. Hitler's aim was always the crushing of the Soviet Union.
2. Before attacking the USSR the nazis got together, according to Hitler, " The biggest concentration of troops in world history".
3. On June 22 1941, the nazis Germany attack the Soviet Union.
4. The nazi troops as distnct from the Soviet men and officers had quite a lot of experience in waging modern warfare.
5. The factor of surprise attack was on their side.
6. When the flames of the unprecedentedly bloody war was unleashed by the nazis were already raging in Russia, Hitler admitted to his entourage: " On June 22 we opend a door, but didn't know what was behind it".

7. However , Halder, one of the  Wehrmacht leaders, had already written in his diary in August, at the peak of the German offensive: " The general situation demonstrates even more clearly and lusidly that we have  underestimated the Russian colossus.
8. In 1941 the Soviet troops stoped the offensive of the German nazis to Moscow.
9. Battle of Stalingrad 1942-1943 wich changed the entire course of World War ll.

10. After the battle in Kursk curve in July 1943 it be came cleare, that the blows , on the nazi, was so destructive, that they would never be as they were again.
11. In 1942 the Soviet enterprises gave the Army  nearly 100 percent more planes and more tanks and artillery pieces thanGermany's  industrial base produced.
12. This fantastic productivity was explained by the people's selflessness and by the strength of the people'sspirit and the leaders of the Soviet comunist party and the  Soviet gavernment.
13. Absolutely unity multinational of the Soviet people- another reason, why our country didn't collapse under Wehrmacht's blows.
14. Having won in May 1945 the war against fashist Germany, the Soviet Army show , that behaind the
💞🎧

Оффлайн Alfred Nobel

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #1789 : 16 мая 2017, 13:55:14 »
                                                                        My chemestry classes.
  My chemestry classes are very intresting. They last one hour thirty minutes and I do really think that this time is worth spending. There are three people in my class. We have no boys in group. My classmates are very intelligent and kind. Usually we meet before lesson and have a little talk about chemestry stuff in the hall of our school.
  During the lesson we writ down formules and tasks, then we make some reactions come true. This is very helpful for future exams and in general this is very interesting and fun.Sometimes it's very difficult. You should exactly know wat to do with reagents. Some reactions are very slow, which means you sould know which catalysts you must add. Some reactions are extreemly dangerous, that's why we always wear eye and hand protection. Once we had an explotion and we got really scared,but it was fine.
   Our Exercizes are much more difficult than in school, that's why solving one task can last about 20 or even 40 minutes! We learn everything about chemestry. Organic, non-organic, pharmaceutical, physical chemistry, analytic, quantum chemistry and biological chemestry. Sometimes I do not understand why I still work in this group...I think this is a true love. i love chemestry so much.

Оффлайн Vladb

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #1788 : 16 мая 2017, 13:49:48 »
                                                                  Victory Day/День Победы.

The most celebrated holiday in Russia is the Victory Day. May 9, 1945 entered the history of mankind as the day of the Great Victory over fascist Germany. During the war the Soviet people mobilized all the forces for the struggle against the enemy. The country lived in accordance with the appeal: "Everything for the front, everything for the victory". Operations at the front were supported by the partisan movement.
      Every year in honor of this day in all cities across the country lots of cheerful parades and celebrations are held. Despite the fact that the holiday is celebrated in a different way May 9 is a sad day for the majority of our population. Many people have lost their loved ones and close relatives during this cruel war. From one hand everyone is happy that the country wasn’t occupied by the fascist invaders, from the other hand everyone grieves over their loss. On this day we are grateful to our saviors, to those who sacrificed their lives for us. That’s why we try to celebrate this day with honor. Some part of younger generation doesn’t understand the importance of this event, which I think is disrespectful.
       In my opinion, the Victory Day is one of the greatest holidays during the year. Some of my ancestors also took part in the Great Patriotic War of 1945, and I’m proud of them.

Оффлайн Марианна

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #1787 : 16 мая 2017, 13:44:42 »
A VISIT TO A SICK FRIEND
 My best friend Jane had an accident 2 weeks ago,and she wanted me to visit her today. We have known each other since 2005. And she often feels bad. I know she had a lot of problems with her eyes, with heart, despite this she is a very sporty girl. She is in cheerleading team. I know she is the best person in the world.
  2 weeks later Jane went to school and day was awful, because girls in cheerleading team betrayed her, when she did some trick. After that she went away, because she understood that they are bad persons and cheerleading is not a sport,it's a life. So, Jane was devasted. We study in different schools, may be if we study in one school I can help her. After school Jane walked in centeral park, and it suddenly began to rain. She was upset. Everyone can hear her cry, but only God heard her requests.
Jane cried and cried, ran and ran and so quickly ran up that she slipped in front of the road. And at this moment big car didn't had time to slow down and Jane had an accident.
  My best friend was crashed. She lay in bad and I saw imprint of tears on her cheek. Doctor came in her hospital room and said that she felt better. My Jane felt better! I was happy for her, I know that everyone had bad days in their lives, but after that you must know that good days are comming. Nothing ends badly. If everything ended badly, it's not over yet.

Оффлайн Milan

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #1786 : 16 мая 2017, 10:12:37 »
1. The weather in Moscow is very unpredictable.
2. I like this picture best of all.
3. The more I think about this tast, the less I want to do it.
4. I want to ask him to help. He is the cleverest in our group is the most skilfull.
7. Spring- is wonder time of the year.
8. The winter in this year was terribly cold.
9. Last week it rained cats and dogs.
11. Whats the weather going to be like tomorrow?
13. Weather is nasty, but I think , we will go for a walk?- Oh no, I dont like cold.
15. I think, that each seasons of the year is wonderfull.

Оффлайн МаксРоз2002

• Новичок
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #1785 : 16 мая 2017, 10:05:37 »
1. The weather in Moscow is very unforecast.
2. I like this picture best of all.
3. The more I think about it, the less I want to do it.
4. I want to ask him to help as. He's the most skilfull in our group.
5. Yesterday it was so cold, the wind was occationaly blowing and it was snowing from time to time.
6. People who live in London say that their climate is very unrelable.
7. Spring is the most beautiful season. The weather is mld, the sunshines brightly, trees begin to blossom.
8. The winter was sevire this year.
9. Last week it rains cats and dogs.
10. Today it's warmer than yesterday.
11. And what is the weather forecast for tomorrow?
12. What is the weather forecast for tomorrow? I don't no, but I think, it will be rain and, probobly, snow.
13. Weather is beastly, but I think, we can go for a walk. I'm afraid I can't. I hate cold.
14. There is no bad weather, there are  bad clothes.
15. I think every season is beautiful.

Оффлайн Аниса

• Пользователь
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #1784 : 12 мая 2017, 10:34:22 »
Ex.5
1.I wonder,what this his next step will be?
2.Have you heard the leatest news?
3.I like  this picture best of all.
4.The more i think about this,than less i want to deal with it.
5.Today i am not as tired as yesterday,but much more tired than usual.
6.He is looks much more like has father,than his brother.
7.I want to ask him to help us.He is the most intellijent and skillful in our groupe,and i am sure wiill do it better than anyone.
8.I would not line to discuss this problem,everything is clear enough.
9.By how many year is your elder sister oldest than you?
10.The more you study now,the easier you pass the exam.
11.Your home town is also far from Moscow,Baku or Kiev?
Not as far as Baku,but mush farthest than Odessa.

Sonya14

• Гость
« Ответ #1783 : 12 мая 2017, 10:32:26 »
Ex.6,p.5
I.
1. I wonder, what his nearest step is going to be.
2. Have you heard the latest news?
3. I like this best of all.
4. The more I think about it,the less I want to do it.
5. Today I'm not as tired as yesterday,but much more than usual.
6. He is more like a father than a brother.
7. I want to tell him to help us. He is the most capable and unofficial in our group, and I'm a uverin, he will do it best of all.
8. I would not like to further condemn this problem:everything is clear enough.
9. "For how many years your older sister is older than you?"-"For three years"
10. The more you do now, the easier you'll pass the exams.
II
-Your hometown is also far from Moscow, like Boca and Odesa?
-Not as far as Baku, but much farther than Odessa.
 :P 8)