Автор Тема: Сказки и истории ( на англ. и русск. яз)  (Прочитано 47919 раз)

Оффлайн Spirit of Finland

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Удача сопутствует смелым!
    • Просмотр профиля
Очень нравится эта ветка!

Оффлайн Mari

• Администратор
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
Galah and a lizard

One lizard tired of lying in the sun, doing nothing. And she said to herself: "I'm going to play." Taking one of his boomerangs lizard began to throw him practicing skills. At this time, by flying galah and interested in what makes the lizard stood nearby, watching a boomerang flies back.

Lizard was very pleased that the cockatoo nablyudet for her skill, and decided to surprise the bird even more she threw a boomerang, as much as possible with a special twist. Boomerang whistled in the air and making a huge circle, flew back, but not in the clutches of a lizard, and suddenly fell right on the head galah! Yes, so badly that not only the feathers, and even the skin with the bird's head was torn off by a heavy blow ...

Kakadu surprise and pain, he began to shout loudly and fly in circles, falling to the ground during the time to knock it on the head . Here and all cockatoos that were in the area, began to fly  like crazy, shrieking at the same time. Lizard, seeing that she has done, very scared (because of the cockatoo's head was bleeding) and hid under the nearest bush. But it does not go unnoticed by an angry bird. Enraged cockatoo caught the lizard, and grabbed her with his sharp claws and began to peck her in the head with his sharp beak, but in such a way that made ​​her a hole in the skin when it is stained leather lizard with his blood.

Оффлайн Mari

• Администратор
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
A SLY CAT /Хитрый кот/ Африканские легенды и сказки
When he was a strong young cat, he caught many mice. The mice were afraid of him then. But in time he grew old and could not catch mice any more...
One day he decided to play a trick on the mice. He lay .on his back and did not move at all. A mouse saw him and thought he was dead. She ran to her friends and said, «The cat is dead. Let us dance and play!»
And all the mice began to dance and play. They were very happy. They danced and danced round the cat, and the cat did not move. Then one of the mice jumped on the cat's head.
"Look at "me! Come nearer, all of you! The bad cat is dead! Let us dance on his head!"
But suddenly the cat jumped up and caught the silly mouse. The other mice ran away as quickly as they could.
Mice! Don't forget!
Never believe a cat!

Хитрый кот

Когда он был молодой и сильный кот, он ловил много мышей. Мыши боялись его тогда. Но, со временем, он состарился и не мог больше ловить мышей.
Однажды он решил перехитрить мышей. Он лёг на спину и не двигался. Мышь увидела его и подумала, что он сдох. Она побежала к своим друзьям и сказала:...Кот сдох! Давайте танцевать и играть!"
И все мыши стали танцевать и играть. Они были очень счастливы. Они танцевали и играли вокруг кота, а кот не шевелился. Потом одна мышка вскочила на голову кота.
"Смотрите на меня! Все подходите сюда! Гадкий кот сдох! Давайте танцевать на его голове!"
Но, вдруг, кот вскочил и поймал глупую мышь. Другие мыши убежали так быстро, как только могли.
Мыши! Не забывайте!
Никогда коту не доверяйте!

Оффлайн Mari

• Администратор
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
Братья Гримм Рапунцель/Rapunzel
There once lived a man and his wife, who had long wished for a child, but in vain. Now there was at the back of their house a little window which overlooked a beautiful garden full of the finest vegetables and flowers; but there was a high wall all round it, and no one ventured into it, for it belonged to a witch of great might, and of whom all the world was afraid.

One day that the wife was standing at the window, and looking into the garden, she saw a bed filled with the finest rampion; and it looked so fresh and green that she began to wish for some; and at length she longed for it greatly. This went on for days, and as she knew she could not get the rampion, she pined away, and grew pale and miserable. Then the man was uneasy, and asked, "What is the matter, dear wife?”

Оффлайн Spirit of Finland

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Удача сопутствует смелым!
    • Просмотр профиля
Очень понравилась индийская сказка про кошку! Жули одобряет)))

Оффлайн DS

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
Childe Roland

Three Prince in a sunny garden
to play ball in the morning
and went for a walk with them
their dear sister.
Childe Roland, catching the ball,
Foot teased him,
and the ball bounces to the clouds,
flew for the Church.
For departing ball
Running Princess followed;
An hour passes, then another -
its all there and there.
Three brothers rushed her
in all corners of the earth,
in anguish searched for days,
but was never found.
And the elder brother went to the famous magician Merlin, I told him everything that had happened and asked if he knew where Lady Helen.
- Fair Lady Ellen probably carried away fairies - Merlin said. - After holy place - the church - she went around the sun! And now she's in the Dark Tower King of the Elves. Only the bravest of knights can release it.
- I will release it or perish! - Said the elder brother.
- Well, try your luck - said Merlin. - Only woe to anyone who dares to it, not knowing how to get down to business!

Чайлд-Роланд

Три принца в солнечном саду
Играли в мяч с утра,
И с ними вышла погулять
Их милая сестра.
Чайлд-Роланд, догоняя мяч,
Ногой его поддел,
И мяч, подпрыгнув к облакам,
За церковь улетел.
За улетающим мячом
Бежит принцесса вслед;
Проходит час, за ним другой,-
Ее все нет и нет.
Три брата бросились за ней
Во все концы земли,
В тоске искали много дней,
Но так и не нашли.
И вот старший брат отправился к знаменитому волшебнику Мерлину, рассказал ему обо всем что случилось и спросил, не знает ли он, где леди Эллен.
- Прекрасную леди Эллен, наверное, унесли феи, - ответил Мерлин. - Ведь святое место - церковь - она обошла против солнца! И теперь она в Темной Башне короля эльфов. Только самый храбрый из рыцарей может освободить ее.
- Я освобожу ее или погибну! - сказал старший брат.
- Что ж, попытай счастья, - ответил Мерлин. - Только горе тому, кто отважится на это, не ведая, как взяться за дело!

Оффлайн DS

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
A Cat and her strong friends /Кошка и её сильные друзья/ Индийская сказка
Once there lived a cat. She thought: "The lion is the strongest of all the animals. It js good to have strong friends. I shall go to the Kon and make friends with him."
She did so, and the lion and the cat were friends for many, many days. Once they went for a walk together and met an elephant. The lion began to fight with the elephant, and the elephant killed him. The cat was very sorry. "What shall I do?" she thought. "The elephant was stronger than the lion. I shall go to the elephant and make friends with him."
She did so, and they were friends for mau,, many days.
Once they went for a walk and met a hunter. The hunter shot at the elephant and killed him. The cat was sorry, but she thought: "The man is stronger than the elephant, I see."
So she went up to the hunter and asked, "May I go with you?" "All right, let us go home together," he said.
They came to the man's home. His wife met him and took his gun from him. The cat saw that and thought: "Oh, the woman is the strongest of all! She can take the hunter's gun from him, and he does not fight with her; he does not even say a word!"
The man sat down at the table, and the woman went to the kitchen. The cat went to the kitchen, too.  She decided to stay with the woman forever.
That's why you always see a cat in the kitchen at a woman's feet.

Однажды жила-была кошка. Она думала: «Лев – самое сильное животное из всех. Хорошо иметь сильных друзей. Я пойду ко льву и подружусь с ним».

Она так и сделала. Лев и кошка были друзьями в течение многих, многих дней. Однажды они пошли на прогулку вместе и встретили слона. Лев стал драться со слоном и слон убил его. Кошка очень сожалела. «Что мне делать?» – думала она. «Слон оказался сильнее льва. Я пойду к слону и подружусь с ним». Так она и сделала, и они были друзьями в течение многих, многих дней.

Однажды они пошли на прогулку и встретили охотника. Охотник выстрелил в слона и убил его. Кошка сожалела, но она подумала: «Человек сильнее слона, я вижу». Поэтому она подошла к Охотнику и попросила: «Может, я пойду с тобой?»

«Ладно, давай пойдём домой вместе» - сказал он. Они подошли к дому человека. Его жена встретила его и взяла у него ружьё. Кошка видела это и подумала: «О, женщина сильнее всех! Она может забрать у охотника его ружьё, а он не дерётся с ней, он даже не говорит ни слова!»

Человек сел за стол и женщина пошла на кухню. Кошка пошла в кухню тоже. Она решила остаться с женщиной навсегда.

Вот почему ты всегда видишь кошку на кухне у ног женщины.

Оффлайн DS

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля

Three hairs of a lion /Три волосинки льва/ Индийская сказка
Segab's mother died when he was eleven years old. His father married another woman, Bizunesh by name. Segab did not like Bizunesh. But Bizunesh began to love the boy very much and tried to be a good mother to him. She always made good breakfasts, dinners and suppers, but he did not eat them. She bought him many good clothes, but he did not look at them. She gave him new shoes, but he went to the river and threw the shoes into the water. When she spoke to him, he always ran away.
One day the poor woman said to Segab, "I always wanted to have a son, and now I have you, Segab. I love you very much, my dear boy!"
But Segab said angrily, "I am not your son, and you , are not my mother. My mother is dead. I do not love you. I will never love you."
Bizunesh was very sorry and cried all night. In the morning she decided to go to a wise old man. She told him about Segab who did not love her.    :
The old man said, "I can help you. But first you must bring me three hairs of a lion."
"But how can I do this? The lion will kill me," Bizunesh said.
"I cannot answer your question. I need three hairs of a lion. Try to get them."
So Bizunesh went out to try to get the hairs. She went far, far away from her house and came to a place where a lion lived. The lion was very big and roared angrily. He was hungry. Bizunesh was afraid of him and ran away quickly. But the next day she came back with some meat for the lion. She put the meat not far from him and ran away. The lion saw the meat and went to it. He ate it all very quickly.
The next day she again brought some meat for the lion and put it a little nearer. And again the lion ate it all up.
Every day Bizunesh brought some meat for the lion, and he soon understood that the woman was his friend. He was not angry, and he did not roar. He was happy to see her.
And one day Bizunesh came very near to the lion and gave him the meat from her hand. At the same time she tore three hairs off his back.1 The lion was not angry. Bizunesh ran to the old man and showed him the hairs.
"What must I do with them now?" she asked.
"Nothing," he answered. "But you know how to go near a lion, little by little, step by step.2 Do the same with Segab, and I am sure he will love you."

Мать Сагаба умерла, когда ему было 11 лет. Его отец женился на другой женщине, по имени Безунеш. Сагаб не любил её. Но она очень полюбила мальчика и старалась быть для него хорошей матерью. Она всегда готовила хорошие завтраки, обеды и ужины, но он не ел их. Она покупала ему хорошую одежду, но он не смотрел на неё. Она давала ему новые туфли, но он пошёл на речку и швырнул туфли в воду. Когда она заговаривала с ним, он всегда убегал.
Однажды бедная женщина сказала Сагабу: "Я всегда хотела иметь сына, и теперь у меня есть ты, Сагаб. Я тебя очень люблю, мой дорогой мальчик". Но Сагаб сказал сердито: "Я не твой сын и ты не моя мать. Моя мама умерла. Я не люблю тебя. я никогда не полюблю тебя".
Бизунеш очень огорчилась и плакала всю ночь. Утром она решила пойти к старому мудрецу. Она рассказала ему про Сагаба, который не любил её. Мудрец сказал: "Я могу помочь тебе. Но сначала ты должна принести мне три волосинки льва". "но, как я могу это сделать? Лев убьёт меня", - "Я не могу ответить на твой вопрос. Мне нужны три волосинки льва. Постарайся достать их".
Поэтому Безунеш пошла попытаться достать волосы. Она шла далеко от своего дома и пришла в место, где жил лев. Лев был очень большой и сердито рычал. Он был голоден. Безунеш испугалась его и быстро убежала. Но на следующий день она вернулась с мясом для льва. Она положила мясо недалеко от него и убежала. Лев видел мясо и подошёл к нему. Он быстро съел всё.
На другой день она опять принесла мясо для льва и положила его немного ближе. И опять лев всё1 съел. Каждый день Безунеш приносила мясо для льва, и скоро он понял, что женщина была ему другом. Он не сердился и не рычал. Он был рад видеть её.
И, однажды, Бизунеш подошла очень близко ко льву и дала ему мясо из своей руки. В то же время она вырвала три волосинки из его спины. Лев не рассердился. Безунеш побежала к старцу и показала ему волосы: "Что я должна теперь делать с ними?!" спросила она. "Ничего" - он ответил.
"Но ты знаешь теперь, Как подходить ко льву, шаг за шагом, мало по малу, постепенно. Делай то же самое с Сегабом и я уверен, он полюбит тебя".

Оффлайн Sergevna

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
THank U for your estimation, my lovly fashion (karen millen)))

karen millen discount

• Гость
очень хорошие сказки и истории!

Оффлайн Sergevna

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
The Tale of Peter Rabbit

By Beatrix Potter

Once upon a time there were four little rabbits, and their names were Flopsy, Mopsy, Cotton-tail and Peter.
They lived with their mother in a sand-bank, underneath the root of a very big fir tree.
"Now, my dears," said old Mrs. Rabbit one morning, "You may go into the fields or down the lane, but don't go into Mr. McGregor's garden.
Your father had an accident there; he was put in a pie by Mrs. McGregor. Now run along and don't get into mischief. I am going out."

Then old Mrs. Rabbit took a basket and her umbrella and went through the wood to the baker's. She bought a loaf of brown bread and five currant buns. Flopsy, Mopsy and Cotton-tail who were good little bunnies went down the lane together. To gather blackberries.
But Peter who was very naughty, ran straight away to Mr. McGregor's garden and squeezed under the gate!

First he ate some lettuces and some French beans.
And then he ate some radishes and then, feeling rather sick, he went to look for some parsley.
But round the end of a cucumber frame, whom should he meet but Mr. McGregor!
Mr. McGregor was on his hands and knees planting out young cabbages, but he jumped up and ran after Peter, waving a rake and calling out "Stop thief!"
Peter was most dreadfully frightened; he rushed all over the garden, for he had forgotten the way back to the gate.
He lost one shoe among the cabbages, and the other amongst the potatoes.
After losing them, he ran on four legs and went faster.
So that I think he might have got away altogether if he had not unfortunately run into a gooseberry net.
And got caught by the large buttons on his jacket.
It was a blue jacket with brass buttons, quite new.
Peter gave himself up for lost and shed big tears;
But his sobs were overheard by some friendly sparrows, who flew to him in great excitement and implored him to exert himself.
Mr. McGregor came up with a sieve which he intended to pop on the top of Peter, but Peter wriggled out just in time. Leaving his jacket behind him.
He rushed into the tool-shed and--
Jumped into a can.
It would have been a beautiful thing to hide in, if it had not had so much water in it. Mr. McGregor was quite sure that Peter was somewhere in the tool-shed, perhaps hidden underneath a flower-pot.
He began to turn them over carefully, looking under each.
Presently Peter sneezed "Kertyschoo!"
Mr. McGregor was after him in no time, and tried to put his foot upon Peter, who
Jumped out of a window, upsetting three plants.
Peter sat down to rest; he was out of breath and trembling with fright, and he had not the least idea which way to go.
Also he was very damp with sitting in that can.
After a time he began to wander about, going lippity-- lippity-- not very fast and looking all around.
He found a door in a wall; but it was locked and there was no room for a fat little rabbit to squeeze underneath.
An old mouse was running in and out over the stone doorstep, carrying peas and beans to her family in the wood. Peter asked her the way to the gate but she had such a large pea in her mouth she could not answer. She only shook her head at him.

Peter began to cry.
Then he tried to find his way straight across the garden, but he became more and more puzzled. Presently he came to a pond where Mr. McGregor filled his water-cans. A white cat was staring at some gold-fish; she sat very, very still, but now and then the tip of her tail twitched as if it were alive. Peter thought it best to go away without speaking to her.
He had heard about cats from his cousin, little Benjamin Bunny.
He went back towards the tool-shed, but suddenly, quite close to him, he heard the noise of a hoe--scr-r-ritch, scratch, scratch, scritch.
Peter scuttered underneath the bushes, but presently as nothing happened, he came out and climbed upon a wheelbarrow, and peeped over.
The first thing he saw was Mr. McGregor hoeing onions. His back was turned towards Peter and beyond him was the gate!
Peter got down very quietly off the wheel-barrow and started running as fast as he could go, along a straight walk behind some black currant bushes. Mr. McGregor caught sight of him at the corner, but Peter did not care. He slipped underneath the gate and was safe at last in the wood outside the garden.
Mr. McGregor hung up the little jacket and the shoes for a scare-crow to frighten the blackbirds.
Peter never stopped running or looked behind him till he got home to the big fir-tree.
He was so tired that he flopped down upon the nice soft sand on the floor of the rabbit hole, and shut his eyes. His mother was busy cooking; she wondered what he had done with his clothes.
It was the second little jacket and pair of shoes that Peter had lost in a fortnight!
I am sorry to say that Peter was not very well during the evening. His mother put him to bed and made some camomile tea; and she gave a dose of it to Peter! "One teaspoonful to be taken at bedtime." But--

Flopsy, Mopsy and Cottontail had bread and milk and blackberries for supper.

Оффлайн Sergevna

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
Ole Luk Oie, the Dream God - Hans Christian Anderson
Sunday
Good evening,” said Ole-Luk-Oie.
Hjalmar nodded, and then sprang out of bed, and turned his great-grandfather’s portrait to the wall, so that it might not interrupt them as it had done yesterday. “Now,” said he, “you must tell me some stories about five green peas that lived in one pod; or of the chickseed that courted the chickweed; or of the darning needle, who acted so proudly because she fancied herself an embroidery needle.”

“You may have too much of a good thing,” said Ole-Luk-Oie. “You know that I like best to show you something, so I will show you my brother. He is also called Ole-Luk-Oie but he never visits any one but once, and when he does come, he takes him away on his horse, and tells him stories as they ride along. He knows only two stories. One of these is so wonderfully beautiful, that no one in the world can imagine anything at all like it; but the other is just as ugly and frightful, so that it would be impossible to describe it.” Then Ole-Luk-Oie lifted Hjalmar up to the window. “There now, you can see my brother, the other Ole-Luk-Oie; he is also called Death. You perceive he is not so bad as they represent him in picture books; there he is a skeleton, but now his coat is embroidered with silver, and he wears the splendid uniform of a hussar, and a mantle of black velvet flies behind him, over the horse. Look, how he gallops along.” Hjalmar saw that as this Ole-Luk-Oie rode on, he lifted up old and young, and carried them away on his horse. Some he seated in front of him, and some behind, but always inquired first, “How stands the mark-book?”

“Good,” they all answered.

“Yes, but let me see for myself,” he replied; and they were obliged to give him the books. Then all those who had “Very good,” or “Exceedingly good,” came in front of the horse, and heard the beautiful story; while those who had “Middling,” or “Tolerably good,” in their books, were obliged to sit behind, and listen to the frightful tale. They trembled and cried, and wanted to jump down from the horse, but they could not get free, for they seemed fastened to the seat.

“Why, Death is a most splendid Luk-Oie,” said Hjalmar. “I am not in the least afraid of him.”

“You need have no fear of him,” said Ole-Luk-Oie, “if you take care and keep a good conduct book.”

“Now I call that very instructive,” murmured the great-grandfather’s portrait. “It is useful sometimes to express an opinion;” so he was quite satisfied.

These are some of the doings and sayings of Ole-Luk-Oie. I hope he may visit you himself this evening, and relate some more.

Оффлайн Sergevna

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
Saturday

Am I to hear any more stories?” asked little Hjalmar, as soon as Ole-Luk-Oie had sent him to sleep.
“We shall have no time this evening,” said he, spreading out his prettiest umbrella over the child. “Look at these Chinese,” and then the whole umbrella appeared like a large china bowl, with blue trees and pointed bridges, upon which stood little Chinamen nodding their heads. “We must make all the world beautiful for to-morrow morning,” said Ole-Luk-Oie, “for it will be a holiday, it is Sunday. I must now go to the church steeple and see if the little sprites who live there have polished the bells, so that they may sound sweetly. Then I must go into the fields and see if the wind has blown the dust from the grass and the leaves, and the most difficult task of all which I have to do, is to take down all the stars and brighten them up. I have to number them first before I put them in my apron, and also to number the places from which I take them, so that they may go back into the right holes, or else they would not remain, and we should have a number of falling stars, for they would all tumble down one after the other.”

“Hark ye! Mr. Luk-Oie,” said an old portrait which hung on the wall of Hjalmar’s bedroom. “Do you know me? I am Hjalmar’s great-grandfather. I thank you for telling the boy stories, but you must not confuse his ideas. The stars cannot be taken down from the sky and polished; they are spheres like our earth, which is a good thing for them.”

“Thank you, old great-grandfather,” said Ole-Luk-Oie. “I thank you; you may be the head of the family, as no doubt you are, but I am older than you. I am an ancient heathen. The old Romans and Greeks named me the Dream-god. I have visited the noblest houses, and continue to do so; still I know how to conduct myself both to high and low, and now you may tell the stories yourself:” and so Ole-Luk-Oie walked off, taking his umbrellas with him.

“Well, well, one is never to give an opinion, I suppose,” grumbled the portrait. And it woke Hjalmar.

Оффлайн Sergevna

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
Friday

It is incredible how many old people there are who would be glad to have me at night,” said Ole-Luk-Oie, “especially those who have done something wrong. ‘Good little Ole,’ say they to me, ‘we cannot close our eyes, and we lie awake the whole night and see all our evil deeds sitting on our beds like little imps, and sprinkling us with hot water. Will you come and drive them away, that we may have a good night’s rest?’ and then they sigh so deeply and say, ‘We would gladly pay you for it. Good-night, Ole-Luk, the money lies on the window.’ But I never do anything for gold.” “What shall we do to-night?” asked Hjalmar. “I do not know whether you would care to go to another wedding,” he replied, “although it is quite a different affair to the one we saw last night. Your sister’s large doll, that is dressed like a man, and is called Herman, intends to marry the doll Bertha. It is also the dolls’ birthday, and they will receive many presents.”

“Yes, I know that already,” said Hjalmar, “my sister always allows her dolls to keep their birthdays or to have a wedding when they require new clothes; that has happened already a hundred times, I am quite sure.”

“Yes, so it may; but to-night is the hundred and first wedding, and when that has taken place it must be the last, therefore this is to be extremely beautiful. Only look.”

Hjalmar looked at the table, and there stood the little card-board doll’s house, with lights in all the windows, and drawn up before it were the tin soldiers presenting arms. The bridal pair were seated on the floor, leaning against the leg of the table, looking very thoughtful, and with good reason. Then Ole-Luk-Oie dressed up in grandmother’s black gown married them.

As soon as the ceremony was concluded, all the furniture in the room joined in singing a beautiful song, which had been composed by the lead pencil, and which went to the melody of a military tattoo.

“What merry sounds are on the wind,
As marriage rites together bind
A quiet and a loving pair,
Though formed of kid, yet smooth and fair!
Hurrah! If they are deaf and blind,
We’ll sing, though weather prove unkind.”
And now came the present; but the bridal pair had nothing to eat, for love was to be their food.

“Shall we go to a country house, or travel?” asked the bridegroom.

Then they consulted the swallow who had travelled so far, and the old hen in the yard, who had brought up five broods of chickens.

And the swallow talked to them of warm countries, where the grapes hang in large clusters on the vines, and the air is soft and mild, and about the mountains glowing with colors more beautiful than we can think of.

“But they have no red cabbage like we have,” said the hen, “I was once in the country with my chickens for a whole summer, there was a large sand-pit, in which we could walk about and scratch as we liked. Then we got into a garden in which grew red cabbage; oh, how nice it was, I cannot think of anything more delicious.”

“But one cabbage stalk is exactly like another,” said the swallow; “and here we have often bad weather.”

“Yes, but we are accustomed to it,” said the hen.

“But it is so cold here, and freezes sometimes.”

“Cold weather is good for cabbages,” said the hen; “besides we do have it warm here sometimes. Four years ago, we had a summer that lasted more than five weeks, and it was so hot one could scarcely breathe. And then in this country we have no poisonous animals, and we are free from robbers. He must be wicked who does not consider our country the finest of all lands. He ought not to be allowed to live here.” And then the hen wept very much and said, “I have also travelled. I once went twelve miles in a coop, and it was not pleasant travelling at all.”

“The hen is a sensible woman,” said the doll Bertha. “I don’t care for travelling over mountains, just to go up and come down again. No, let us go to the sand-pit in front of the gate, and then take a walk in the cabbage garden.”

And so they settled it.

Оффлайн Sergevna

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
Thursday

What do you think I have got here?” said Ole-Luk-Oie, “Do not be frightened, and you shall see a little mouse.” And then he held out his hand to him, in which lay a lovely little creature. “It has come to invite you to a wedding. Two little mice are going to enter into the marriage state tonight. They reside under the floor of your mother’s store-room, and that must be a fine dwelling-place.”

“But how can I get through the little mouse-hole in the floor?” asked Hjalmar.

“Leave me to manage that,” said Ole-Luk-Oie. “I will soon make you small enough.” And then he touched Hjalmar with his magic wand, whereupon he became less and less, until at last he was not longer than a little finger. “Now you can borrow the dress of the tin soldier. I think it will just fit you. It looks well to wear a uniform when you go into company.”

“Yes, certainly,” said Hjalmar; and in a moment he was dressed as neatly as the neatest of all tin soldiers.

“Will you be so good as to seat yourself in your mamma’s thimble,” said the little mouse, “that I may have the pleasure of drawing you to the wedding.”

“Will you really take so much trouble, young lady?” said Hjalmar. And so in this way he rode to the mouse’s wedding.

First they went under the floor, and then passed through a long passage, which was scarcely high enough to allow the thimble to drive under, and the whole passage was lit up with the phosphorescent light of rotten wood.

“Does it not smell delicious?” asked the mouse, as she drew him along. “The wall and the floor have been smeared with bacon-rind; nothing can be nicer.”

Very soon they arrived at the bridal hall. On the right stood all the little lady-mice, whispering and giggling, as if they were making game of each other. To the left were the gentlemen-mice, stroking their whiskers with their fore-paws; and in the centre of the hall could be seen the bridal pair, standing side by side, in a hollow cheese-rind, and kissing each other, while all eyes were upon them; for they had already been betrothed, and were soon to be married. More and more friends kept arriving, till the mice were nearly treading each other to death; for the bridal pair now stood in the doorway, and none could pass in or out.

The room had been rubbed over with bacon-rind, like the passage, which was all the refreshment offered to the guests. But for dessert they produced a pea, on which a mouse belonging to the bridal pair had bitten the first letters of their names. This was something quite uncommon. All the mice said it was a very beautiful wedding, and that they had been very agreeably entertained.

After this, Hjalmar returned home. He had certainly been in grand society; but he had been obliged to creep under a room, and to make himself small enough to wear the uniform of a tin soldier.