Автор Тема: News  (Прочитано 253525 раз)

Оффлайн Ann

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
Re: News
« Ответ #427 : 27 декабря 2017, 23:12:56 »
These are eternal topics and we will be able to work on them for quite a while! I  would just recommend watching different films in senior and junior groups.

We could think it over. By the way, I often remember "We Bought a Zoo". I wish there were another film like this one.

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #426 : 27 декабря 2017, 02:01:29 »
     Getting back to the possible suggestions. The time flies, but  my favorite films which never fail to keep my spirits high remain:  Gentlemen Prefer Blonds, How to Marry a Millionaire and Lover, Come Back. The plot, the
language, the best American actors.....
     Of course, there are many others, but these three are beautiful and kind COMEDIES.

These are eternal topics and we will be able to work on them for quite a while! I  would just recommend watching different films in senior and junior groups.

Оффлайн Ann

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #425 : 22 декабря 2017, 00:31:51 »
     Getting back to the possible suggestions. The time flies, but  my favorite films which never fail to keep my spirits high remain:  Gentlemen Prefer Blonds, How to Marry a Millionaire and Lover, Come Back. The plot, the
language, the best American actors.....
     Of course, there are many others, but these three are beautiful and kind COMEDIES.

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #424 : 21 декабря 2017, 23:41:41 »
     Из предложенного, конечно,  № 4, даже не сомневайся!
     Принимаются другие предложения.

Приму как руководство к действию, а также поищу и другие варианты

Оффлайн Ann

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #423 : 21 декабря 2017, 01:36:29 »
     Из предложенного, конечно,  № 4, даже не сомневайся!
     Принимаются другие предложения.

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #422 : 20 декабря 2017, 23:40:03 »
Possible suggestions for the English Club or Algorhythm lessons (Films and movies for the next term)

1. Home Alone

2. Back to the Future

3. Project X

4. War and Peace

5. Sherlock

6. Game of Thrones

7. Mad Max

8. Gossip Girl

9. X Men

10. 1984

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #421 : 20 декабря 2017, 12:13:36 »
English Party

Hello! My name is .... I am a student of the .... grade. I have been studying in Modern Education School for ..... years.

Now we are having an English party. We are moving around the hall and speaking English. On the 29th of December we are celebrating four events: : New Year's Day, the day of our school's foundation, Patrician-11 and the ending of the second quarter.

"Are you goind to participate in the celebration?"
"Of course, I am! I've been studying in Modern Education School for five years now. I belong here and I like it here".

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #420 : 19 декабря 2017, 12:05:25 »
New Year’s Day

New Year's Day, also called New Year's or New Year, is celebrated on January 1, the first day of the year. In pre-Christian Rome, the day was dedicated to Janus, the Roman god, after whom January was also named.

Nowadays, New Year's Day is the most celebrated public holiday, marked with fireworks and music as the clock strikes midnight.

People decorate New Year trees and their homes, make resolutions for the next year, visit their friends and families, exchange presents and congratulate each other. Eating traditional New Year dish is another widespread custom but dishes are different according to cultures.

New Year’s Day

New Year's Day is celebrated on January 1. January was named after the Roman god, Janus.
     Today, people celebrate New Year's Day everywhere: they set off fireworks and play music.
     People decorate New Year trees and their homes, visit their friends and give presents to each other. Eating New Year food is another popular tradition but people's tastes differ in different countries.

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #419 : 11 декабря 2017, 16:22:43 »
New Year’s Day

New Year's Day, also simply called New Year's or New Year, is celebrated on January 1, the first day of the year on the modern Gregorian calendar as well as the Julian calendar. In pre-Christian Rome under the Julian calendar, the day was dedicated to Roman god Janus, after whom January was also named.

Nowadays, New Year's Day is probably the most celebrated public holiday, often marked with fireworks and music as the clock strikes midnight between New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.

People decorate New Year trees and their homes,  make  resolutions for the next year, visit their friends and families, exchange presents and congratulate each other. Feasting on traditional New Year’s dish is another widespread custom but dishes vary according to cultures.

New Year’s Day

New Year's Day is celebrated on January 1. The day is connected with Roman god Janus, January is also named after this god.
     Nowadays, people celebrate New Year's Day all over the world: they set off fireworks and play music when the clock strikes midnight.
     People decorate New Year trees and their homes, visit their friends and give presents to each other. Eating New Year’s food is another popular tradition but different countries have their own food preferences.

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #418 : 08 декабря 2017, 16:19:57 »
Emperor Paul I
1796-1801

Emperor Paul I of Russia was born in St. Petersburg in 1754. His parents were Peter III and Catherine II. During his studies, he used to be an impatient student, though he adored reading books. Paul I studied religion, maths, dancing and warfare. He spoke Latin, French and German. Overall, his education was one of the best for those times.

When Paul turned 18, he hoped for a role in government but was given little responsibility by his mother. However, when Catherine died in 1796, Paul took the throne. Paul believed that Russia needed an absolute monarchy and began to reduce the power of the nobility, he also outlawed foreign books and travel outside the country. There were numerous decrees during his reign that were despised by the population.

Emperor Paul I
1796-1801

Emperor Paul I of Russia was born in St. Petersburg in 1754. His parents were Peter III and Catherine II. When he was a child, Paul I got good education. He studied religion, maths, warfare and could speak Latin, French and German.

When Catherine died in 1796, Paul took the throne. He wanted to be an absolute monarch and reduced the power of the nobility, banned foreign books and travelling abroad. As an Emperor, he was hated by the Russian population.

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #417 : 07 декабря 2017, 00:29:16 »
Empress Catherine The Great

(1762-1796)

Catherine the Great added five hundred thousand square kilometers to the Russian territory.

The war with Turkey

Catherine the Great made Russia the strongest country in Europe after her first War with Turkey (1768–1774). This was one of the greatest victories for Russia. Turkey started the second war (1787–1792) but lost again.

The war with Persia

Catherine the Great started a new war against Persia in 1796. The Russian army took over the territory of modern-day Azerbaijan and its three main cities. In November, the Russian army was ready to attack Persia. That year Catherine died and after becoming the Emperor Paul I ordered the Russian army to come back to Russia.

Empress Catherine The Great
(1762-1796)

During her reign, Catherine the Great added 500,000 square kilometers to the Russian territory.

Russian-Turkish Wars

Catherine the Great made Russia powerful in Europe after her first Russian-Turkish War against the Ottoman Empire (1768–1774). This was one of the greatest defeats in Turkish history. After several years, the second Russian-Turkish War was started (1787–92) but the Turks were defeated again.

Russian-Persian War

Catherine the Great started a new war against Persia in 1796 after they had invaded Georgia. In the middle of June, the Russian army took over the territory of modern-day Azerbaijan, including its three principal cities. In November, the Russian troops were positioned to attack Persia (modern-day Iran). That year Catherine the Great died and after becoming the Emperor Paul I ordered the Russian troops to return to Russia.

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #416 : 28 ноября 2017, 23:01:38 »
Empress Catherine II The Great
           (1762-1796)

During her reign, Catherine II the Great added 200,000 square miles to Russian territory.

Russo-Turkish Wars

Catherine made Russia powerful in south-eastern Europe after her first Russo-Turkish War against the Ottoman Empire (1768–1774), which was one of the greatest defeats in Turkish history. The Ottomans started the second Russo-Turkish War (1787–92) but were defeated again.

Russo-Persian War

Catherine started a new war against Persia in 1796 after they invaded Georgia. By mid-June, Russian troops took the territory of modern-day Azerbaijan, including its three principal cities. By November, they were stationed to attack Persia. In that year Catherine II died and her successor Paul I ordered the troops to return to Russia.

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #415 : 28 ноября 2017, 22:56:28 »
           (1762-1796)

During her reign, Catherine II the Great extended the borders of the Russian Empire southward and westward at the expense of two powers – the Ottoman Empire and the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth. In total, she added approximately 200,000 square miles to Russian territory.

Russo-Turkish Wars

Catherine made Russia the dominant power in south-eastern Europe after her first Russo-Turkish War against the Ottoman Empire (1768–1774), which saw some of the heaviest defeats in Turkish history. Catherine took the Crimea in 1783, nine years after as a result of her first war against the Turks. The Ottomans restarted hostile actions in the second Russo-Turkish War (1787–92) but were defeated once again.

Russo-Persian War

Catherine waged a new war against Persia in 1796 after they invaded Georgia and established rule over it. By mid-June, Russian troops overran without any resistance most of the territory of modern-day Azerbaijan, including its three principal cities. By November, they were stationed to attack mainland Iran. In that year the Empress of Russia died and her successor Paul I ordered the troops to retreat to Russia.

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #414 : 28 ноября 2017, 22:17:31 »
    (1762-1796)

Catherine II the Great, throughout her long reign, took many lovers, often elevating them to high positions for as long as they held her interest, and then pensioning them off with gifts of serfs and large estates. She always selected a candidate-lover who had the physical beauty and mental skills to hold her interest. Among such there were count Grigory Orlov and Grigory Potemkin.
     Some of her lovers admired her in return, and she always showed generosity towards them, even after the affair ended. Some of her lovers were many years her junior. One of them received 50,000 rubles, 5,000 rubles pension, and 4,000 peasants after she dismissed him.

(1762-1796)

Catherine II the Great, during her long reign, had many lovers. She always chose a candidate who was handsome, clever and much younger than her. Grigory Orlov and Grigory Potemkin were also in love with her.
     Catherine the Great was very generous with her lovers, she presented them gifts and rich houses. One of them got 50,000 rubles, 5,000 rubles pension, and 4,000 peasants.

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #413 : 14 ноября 2017, 22:42:40 »
(1762-1796)

Catherine II of Russia often called Catherine the Great was born on 2 May 1729. She was The Empress of Russia from 1762 until 1796. The period of Catherine the Great's rule, the Catherinian Era, is often considered the Golden Age of the Russian Empire and the Russian nobility. It was a time when The Russian Empire was expanding larger and larger  by conquest and diplomacy. One of her achievements was the conquering of The Crimean Peninsula. She started out as minor German princess and ended as The Empress of the Russian Empire.
     Talking about her personallity, she was a well-educated woman as a she could speak three languages: German, French and Russian. She was married to Peter III after becoming an Orthodox Christian. She gave birth to three children: two sons Paul and Alexey, and a daughter, Anna. In 1976 Paul I became the Emperor after her death.

Text by Edward (c)