Автор Тема: To those who want to speak proper English  (Прочитано 81621 раз)

Ujcnm

• Гость
Re: To those who want to speak proper English
« Ответ #11 : 16 мая 2013, 18:02:50 »
По-русски тоже говорят с ошибками, Вы правы, но с такими людьми все меньше и меньше хочется продолжать общение, Вам так не кажется?
Невольно тянешься к образованным ;D

Оффлайн Дети к. Гранта

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #10 : 15 мая 2013, 05:11:39 »
     Oh, yes! People want to speak proper English, but very few people want to work hard doing a lot of drill exercises which are absolutely necessary to make your language perfect.
Do you thinK you can do it?
  We speak English. И нас понимают, когда мы заграницей. И зачем обязательно perfect? Сейчас и по-русски все говорят с ошибками.

Оффлайн born to be wild

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #9 : 15 мая 2013, 05:06:25 »
     Oh, yes! People want to speak proper English, but very few people want to work hard doing a lot of drill exercises which are absolutely necessary to make your language perfect.
Do you thinK you can do it?

Оффлайн Golubev

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #8 : 09 декабря 2012, 21:31:46 »
Dear Friends,
which way do you like more? Does American way sound easier?
pls share with us
BR,
Golubev Oleg

Оффлайн Irina

• Новичок
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #7 : 05 декабря 2012, 23:54:22 »
There are a number of interesting Anglo-American differences in the use of certain prepositions. The British talk to their friends, the Americans talk with them. The Americans check out the situation, while the British check up on it. If the British do not go out, they stay at home. The Americans stay home.

Оффлайн Golubev

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #6 : 05 декабря 2012, 10:41:20 »
Dear Friends,
you have very interesting discussion here, let me add one more example of American English usage:

I woke up this morning and thought, “TGIF!” I have been looking forward to the weekend and all I need to do is to get through one more day of work.

TGIF – “thank goodness it’s Friday”; a phrase used on Fridays to show that one is happy that the weekend is coming
* This week has been difficult, but this weekend should be a lot of fun. TGIF!

BR
Golubev Oleg

Оффлайн Б.Я.

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #5 : 05 декабря 2012, 00:28:31 »
Some facts illustrating difference between British and American English. First of all both these languages sound differently. Often Americans don't say each word separately. They say several words together. Americans may say "I dunno" instead of "I don't know". Or they may say"Whaddya say?" instead of "What did you say?" The British are more careful in their speech.
      А  вы знаете, что все говорящие I dunno and WHADDYA say  -   обитатели трущоб и,  уж точно, - не та категория американцев , чей прононс стоит популяризировать среди наших обучающихся?

Оффлайн Irina

• Новичок
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #4 : 04 декабря 2012, 23:49:24 »
Some facts illustrating difference between British and American English. First of all both these languages sound differently. Often Americans don't say each word separately. They say several words together. Americans may say "I dunno" instead of "I don't know". Or they may say"Whaddya say?" instead of "What did you say?" The British are more careful in their speech.

Оффлайн Б.Я.

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #3 : 03 декабря 2012, 00:28:51 »
   А для beginnerов можно писать попроще и покороче?  У вас в клубе что? Все гиганты английской мысли?

Оффлайн born to be wild

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #2 : 01 декабря 2012, 01:32:34 »
Do you want to improve your English grammar habits and speak proper ENGLISH?  We are going to give you a grammar, phonetics and speaking proper English class on Monday, July the 16th.
Come and enjoy!
     Now that I read this news it seems to me so far away, dut the idea of giving you a crammar, phonetics and speaking proper English class will never be outdated.  We are introducing a new topic into our English club forum - short stories and some grammar. Pay attention to it. We are going to work on them during our meetings.

Оффлайн V.B.

• Генеральный директор
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
To those who want to speak proper English
« Ответ #1 : 13 июля 2012, 00:08:45 »
Do you want to improve your English grammar habits and speak proper ENGLISH?  We are going to give you a grammar, phonetics and speaking proper English class on Monday, July the 16th.
Come and enjoy!