Автор Тема: Short texts for reading  (Прочитано 778600 раз)

yura

• Гость
Re: Short texts for reading
« Ответ #2712 : 07 июня 2018, 13:08:17 »
Hi, V.V. Putin!
I want to ask you some questions.
What do you think about U.S.A.?
What do you think about the economy in the country?
Why did you decide to become President?

Оффлайн Elly

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
  • domina familia
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #2711 : 07 июня 2018, 13:07:01 »

Dear President, i have only 2 questions:
1.What will hapend with education in a few years?
2.What jobs will prevail in the future?

💞🎧

Оффлайн Mihsa Grihsin

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #2710 : 07 июня 2018, 12:55:01 »
Hello, Mr Putin!!!
I want to ask you a question.
Can you remove ЕГЭ from the examinations?
It is very important for us.Thank you.

Оффлайн david tagiev

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #2709 : 04 июня 2018, 15:51:16 »

The eight month were spent well; he iearnet to understand  Shakespeare and speak correctly, and what was most important, he learned muth abaut himself. Now he knew that he could more than he had done. He wanted to show Ruth the beauty of the South Sea and decided to do it in his letters.   

Masha

• Гость
« Ответ #2708 : 04 июня 2018, 15:49:34 »

And then the great idea came to him. He would describe the beauty of the world not only for Ruth but for other people as well.He could do it. He would be one of the eyes through which the world saw,one of the ears through which the world heard,one of the hearts through which it felt.He would be a writer.He would write-everything-poerty and prose,novels and descriptions,and plays like Shakespeare. There was career and the way to win Ruth.

Alika666

• Гость
« Ответ #2707 : 04 июня 2018, 15:46:36 »
    A few months after Martin Eden started to educate himself, he had to go to sea again as all his money was spent. He went as a sailor on a ship that was going to the South Sea.

yura

• Гость
« Ответ #2706 : 04 июня 2018, 15:43:10 »
   The captain of the ship had a complete Shakespeare,which he never read. Martin had washed his clothes for him and in return he was allowed to read the books. For a time all the world took the from of Shakespearean tragedy or comedy;even Martin`s thoughts were expressed in the language of Shakespeare. This trained his ear and gave him a feeling for good English.

Оффлайн Mihsa Grihsin

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #2705 : 04 июня 2018, 15:41:42 »

For the 1st time he saw the aim of his life, and saw it in the middle of the great sea. Martin decided to begin writing when he comes back. He would describe the voyage to the Sought Sea and sell it to somew San Francisco newspaper. He would go on studying, and then, after some time, when he had learned and prepared himself, he would write great things.

Оффлайн yemi

• Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Don't worry about a thing, 'cos every little......
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #2704 : 04 июня 2018, 15:40:14 »
                                                                                      Text 6
When Martin Eden returned to San Fransisco, he began to write. He sent his works to newspapers and magazines, but the editors sent his manuscripts back. Martin continued to write and study at the same time.

Оффлайн Elly

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
  • domina familia
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #2703 : 04 июня 2018, 15:37:54 »
                                                                                                    7

Martin lived in a small room where he slept, studied, wrote and cooked his meals. Before the window there was the kitchen table that served as desk and library. The bed occupied two-thirds of the room. Martin slept 5 hours; only a man invery good health could work for it
💞🎧

Оффлайн asdfg

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #2702 : 01 июня 2018, 17:32:30 »

Martin tried to read books that required years of preparatory work.One day he read a book on philosophy, and the next day a book on art.He read poetry, he read books by Karl Marx.He didn't understand what he was reading but he wanted to know.He had become interested in economy, industry and politics.He sat up in bed and tried to read, but the dictionary was in front of him more often than the book.He looked up so many new words that when he saw them again,he had forgotten their meaning and had to look them up again.He decided to write the words down in a note-book, and filled page after page with them. And still he could not understand what he was reading.
   Poetry was not difficult. He loved poetry and beauty, and there he found beauty,as he found it in music.
we all have secrets...

ANDREY

• Гость
« Ответ #2701 : 01 июня 2018, 12:47:29 »

"My father and mother are dead. I have two sisters and some brothers, - I am the younger, -but they never helped anybody. The oldest  died in India. Two are in Sout Africa now, and another one is on  fishing boat at sea. One is traveling wish a circus. And I think I am just like them. I have taken care of myself sinse I was eleven - that s when my mother died. I think I must study by myself, and what to know is where to begin."

Оффлайн david tagiev

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #2700 : 01 июня 2018, 12:42:22 »
At last  Martin Eden had enugh courage to go and see Ruth. She met him at the door herseelf and took him into the living-room.They talked first of the books he had borrowed from her, then poets. He told her of his plans to educate himself.

summer school

• Гость
« Ответ #2699 : 01 июня 2018, 12:40:06 »
A week of heavy reading had passed since the evening he first met Ruth Morse, and still he didn't dare to go and see her. He was afraid of making mistakes in speech and manners.

Оффлайн Elly

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
  • domina familia
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #2698 : 01 июня 2018, 12:31:28 »

"I should say the first thing of all would be to get garmmar. Your grammar is not particularly good."
   He got red. " I know I talk a lot of slang. I know words, picked them up from books, but I cannot say them correctly, so i don't use them."
       " It is not what you say, so much as how you say it. You don't mind my saying that, do you? I don't want to hurt you.
   " No,no," he cried. " Tell me everything  I must know, and I had better hear it from you that from anybody else."
   "Well, then, you say 'You was' ; it must be ' You were'. You say ' I seen' for ' I saw'.
    " That is clear," said Martin. " I never thought of it before."
     "You will find it all in the grammar," she said and went to the bookcase. She took one of the books from the shelf and gave it to Martin.
💞🎧