• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
Re: News
« Ответ #522 : 14 Январь 2019, 15:06:31 »
The Beatles

The Beatles were an English rock band formed in Liverpool in 1960. With members John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr, they became regarded as the foremost and most influential music band in history.

Led by primary songwriters Lennon and McCartney, the Beatles built their reputation playing clubs in Liverpool and Hamburg over a period from 1960 to 1963. The core trio of Lennon, McCartney and Harrison, together since 1958, went through a lot of drummers, before asking Starr to join them in 1962. Their Manager Brian Epstein and producer George Martin guided and developed their recordings, greatly expanding the group's homeland success after their first hit, "Love Me Do". Their popularity soon became fan frenzy called "Beatlemania".

By early 1964, the Beatles were international stars, leading the United States pop market and breaking numerous sales records.  After disbanding in 1970, the four members each enjoyed success as solo artists. Lennon was shot and killed in December 1980, and Harrison died of lung cancer in November 2001. McCartney and Starr remain musically active.

The Beatles are the best-selling band in history, with sales of over 800 million records worldwide. They have received seven Grammy Awards, an Academy Award for Best Original Song Score and many others. They were also collectively included in Time magazine's compilation of the twentieth century's 100 most influential people.

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #521 : 14 Январь 2019, 14:51:46 »
Elvis Presley

Elvis Presley was born on January 8, 1935, in Tupelo, Mississippi. He was raised by loving, working-class parents. Presley's family had little money, and they often used to move from place to place. After graduating from Humes High School in Memphis in 1953, he worked at a number of jobs but always dreamt to become a musician.

He cut his first demo record at Sun Studio that year, and soon, Sam Phillips, the record label owner, decided to take the young performer under his wing. Presley soon began touring and recording, trying to catch his first success. "That's All Right" was Presley's first single in 1954. By 1960 he was at the top of the charts on the radio, television and the silver screen.

Presley married Priscilla Beaulieu in 1967 but later divorced her in 1973. The couple had one daughter together, Lisa Marie, who was born in 1968. Sometime in the morning of August 16, 1977, Presley died of heart failure, at the age of 42.

Throughout his amazing career, Presley helped popularize rock 'n' roll music in America and continues to be one of the biggest names in rock'n'roll nowadays. 

Over the years, several documentary films have been shot to explore this incredible performer. Since his death, Presley has remained one of the world's most popular music icons. Presley's Memphis home, Graceland, is open to the public, and numerous fans from around the world visit the legendary residence every year, especially around Presley's birthday and the anniversary of his death.

Оффлайн NLO

• Администрация
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #520 : 09 Январь 2019, 22:09:59 »
Present Indefinite   He often writes letters to his parents
Present Continuous   “What is he doing now?”
“He’s writing a letter to his parents.”
Present Perfect   He’s tired. He’s just written a very long letter to his parents.
Present Perfect Continuous   He’s been writing a letter to his parents since early in the morning.
Present Perfect   1. He’s already written a letter to his parents.
2. He’s lived in Moscow since 1960.
Past Indefinite   1. I wrote a letter to his parents yesterday.
2. He lived in Moscow in 1960.

Оффлайн AlexanderShcherban

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #519 : 09 Январь 2019, 17:48:41 »
Tables 001 - Tenses
Tables 002 - Tenses
Tables 004 - Degrees of Comparison

Оффлайн asdfg

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #518 : 09 Январь 2019, 17:21:51 »
 Table 003 - Degrees of Comparison,  Table 005 -  Negation (see attached files)
we all have secrets...

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #517 : 09 Январь 2019, 11:42:58 »
     DAS, got it! (Using your style). And rely on your participation in the development of this tiny project.

Ann, I will take part in it.

Оффлайн Ann

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #516 : 08 Январь 2019, 14:01:43 »
This link also contains an alternative player with only English subtitles.

Ann, got it! I think the tables will be useful.

DAS, got it! (Using your style). And rely on your participation in the development of this tiny project.

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #515 : 08 Январь 2019, 02:19:59 »
     A very curious combination! However I'm not sure it'easy to read both of them or concentrate on one of them when they are shown together.  I would choose the English subtitles if any.

This link also contains an alternative player with only English subtitles.

I hope you'll pay more attention to post # 511. I've got the tables: 1. Comparisons; 2. Modal verbs; 3. Forms of negation and agreement; 4. On the comparaitve use of all the four English Present  tenses; 5.Past tenses; 6. Present Perfect and Past Indefinite. Numbers 4, 5 and 6 are especially useful.
     You don't have to explain the rules, you just show them.

Ann, got it! I think the tables will be useful.

Оффлайн Ann

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #514 : 07 Январь 2019, 22:00:49 »
My Fair Lady with both English and Russian subtitles

A very curious combination! However I'm not sure it'easy to read both of them or concentrate on one of them when they are shown together.  I would choose the English subtitles if any.
     I hope you'll pay more attention to post # 511. I've got the tables: 1. Comparisons; 2. Modal verbs; 3. Forms of negation and agreement; 4. On the comparaitve use of all the four English Present  tenses; 5.Past tenses; 6. Present Perfect and Past Indefinite. Numbers 4, 5 and 6 are especially useful.
     You don't have to explain the rules, you just show them.

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #513 : 07 Январь 2019, 15:54:55 »
My Fair Lady with both English and Russian subtitles

здесь

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #512 : 07 Январь 2019, 11:06:20 »
     Happy New Year, DAS!  After looking at the results of the English department during the first term I started to consider the introduction of a special (40-minute)  grammar class into our work, which, among other kinds of work, will be  strictly aimed at grammar  and could include listening to the audio materials, writing and examinining and understanding the  tables of Englisn tenses and other parts of English grammar.

Happy New Year, Ann.  I got the message.

Оффлайн Ann

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #511 : 06 Январь 2019, 14:46:09 »
     Happy New Year, DAS!  After looking at the results of the English department during the first term I started to consider the introduction of a special (40-minute)  grammar class into our work, which, among other kinds of work, will be  strictly aimed at grammar  and could include listening to the audio materials, writing and examinining and understanding the  tables of Englisn tenses and other parts of English grammar.

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #510 : 10 Декабрь 2018, 11:09:26 »
Ann, good day. The changes, which I completely agree with, were introduced.

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #509 : 09 Декабрь 2018, 17:03:18 »
Change the following sentences to a more polite form

E.g.: Where is Modern Education School situated?

Can you tell me where Modern Education School is situated?

1. What school do you go to?

2. Where is the entrance to the School?

3. Where is the buffet here?

4. How many classes a day do you have?

5. How many subjects do you study?

6. What is the most difficult subject?

7. What subject do you like best of all?

8. What is you favourite food?

9. Who is your favourite writer?

10. What is your favourite film?

11. What's the most interesting country you have ever been to?

Numbers 12-15 are good for conversation. I don't think we can deal with them successfully enough in the drill work.

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #508 : 09 Декабрь 2018, 16:53:10 »
Ask favours

1. A: "Could you answer my question?"

B: "Yes, please".

2. A: "I didn't understand your question. Could you repeat it again?"

B: "I'd like to say yes, but it's just impossible. We have no time".

3. A: "The exercise is difficult. Could you help me?"

B: "Oh, yes, certainly".

4. A: "Shall I open the window?"

B: "Oh, yes! Please, do it!"

5. A: "Would you like me to read this text one more time?"

B: "I will do it willingly!"

6: A: "Can you tell me the contents of the film you saw during the English club?"

B: "I would like to say yes, but it's just not possible. I'm afraid I have no time. Next Wednesday we will go to the club and discuss it".