Автор Тема: Short texts for reading  (Прочитано 780976 раз)

Оффлайн УбийцаКрови2003

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
Re: Short texts for reading
« Ответ #2622 : 08 мая 2018, 12:15:12 »
VICTORY DAY

The Great Patriotic War began on June 22, 1941 at 4am, when fascist troops who headed Adolf Hitler invaded the USSR without being warned. USSR not expect this attack because at the beginning of the Second World War in 1939 the USSR and Germany entered the pice. It was a vile and vile act on the part of Germany. But thanks to voluntary-forced appeals to the Army and faith in the country of the USSR were able to win.
May 8, 1945 war years. The whole nation rejoiced. But whether victory is victory with the loss of one million people? I don't think so.
All known began to celebrate victory day in world only in 1969.
Now this day, many honor in our country and those who do not honor the despise.
Personally my ancestors died during the war, but they went. I believe that to lose both legs and go blind a lot worse than to die.
Hitler thought so too on this after losing committed suicide.
I love and honor and victory day celebrate it every year!
влад

Оффлайн Войтович В.

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #2621 : 08 мая 2018, 12:14:35 »
The Second World War
The Second World War (September 1 1939-September 2 1945) - the war of two world military-political coalitions, which became the largest armed conflict in the history of mankind.It involved 62 of the 73 states that existed at that time.The fighting took place on the territory of Europe, Asia and Africa and in the waters of all oceans. This is the only conflict in which nuclear weapons were used.On October 25, Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy conclude a cooperation agreement; November 1 announced the creation of the "Rome-Berlin Axis." November 25 (the same year), Germany and Japan conclude a pact directed against the USSR.August 6, 1945 The United States is dropping the atomic bomb on Hiroshima August 9, 1945.The United States is dropping the atomic bomb on Nagasaki.In 2 desember 1945 Japan capitulated.I believe that this is a holiday should be because it is a victory for which borolis on the sheep's great-grandfathers and this holiday is our blagodarodnost.

Оффлайн MC_MERCURY

• Ветеран
  • Z.E.O.N
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #2620 : 08 мая 2018, 12:13:01 »
                                                              9 may VICTORY DAY

A terrible war with large-scale human losses begin in 1939. 06/22/1941: the war between the USSR and Germany began. On June 22, 1941, Nazi Germany attacked the Soviet Union. In the battles and during the occupation, each of the five
 Ukrainians perished.   Ukraine recalls the victims of the Second World War, the country will limit entertainment activities, on the buildings the state flags have lowered the government.  The consequences of this war we observe daily, huge cemeteries of soldiers. All this is the price for our quiet life.
Although I'm not a patriot, but I'm proud of my country.

Оффлайн Michail(Варшавский)

• Они убили Джонни. Проклятые гуки!!!!!!!!
  • Ветеран
  • Вьетнам меняет людей
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #2619 : 08 мая 2018, 10:42:54 »
                                                   Victory day

One of the most remarkable public events in Russia is the Victory Day. It is traditionally celebrated on the 9th of May. The holiday marks the capitulation of Nazi Germany to the Soviet Union in the Second World War in 1945. It became the end of the Great Patriotic War for the USSR, which lost about 25 million citizens in the four years of fighting and starvation.
     Almost every family in Russia has a person who didn’t return from the battlefield. A great number of people were seriously injured and became disabled. On this day we are grateful to our saviors, to those who sacrificed their lives for us. That’s why we try to celebrate this day with honors.
      I think this event is more sad than happy. Many people in our country can't understand it. They use this event to get drunk. Many people also say "we can repeat" they can't comprehend the price of this Victory. And it's really sad.
это стоило мне огромных усилий

Оффлайн K. So.

• Ветеран
  • Никто
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #2618 : 08 мая 2018, 10:39:23 »
Ex 5. Page 23.

1. The western half of the Russian Federation consists mainly of low plains, while the greatest part of the eastern half of the country is covered with mountain chains.
2. In siberia the biggest river are tho Ob, the Yenisey and the Lena. They flow northward through a vast area parallel to one another.
3. The St. Petersburg region lies to the north of Moscow.
4. The highest mountains are situated in the south-east and the Pamirs in Asia.
5. Russia borders on Norway, Finland, the Baltic States, Bellorussia, the Ukraine in the west.
6. In the east the Russian Federation is washed by the Pacific Ocean.
7. In the east the Amur flows inti the Pacific.

Оффлайн yemi

• Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Don't worry about a thing, 'cos every little......
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #2617 : 08 мая 2018, 10:35:47 »
Йеми , can you check my work?

Roman! That's a good work done by you, but you need to redo the first part, using GERUNDS! The second part is excellent, though!

Оффлайн Elly

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
  • domina familia
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #2616 : 08 мая 2018, 10:30:55 »
                                                                       9th of May
                                                                     The Victory Day.

I'm very proud of our soldiers,   who protected our country, and thanks to them,   now we can free go at the streets, makes families,  love and be happy.  They gave their lives for their counrty.    They protected their families, their mothers and their motherland.

:applodisment:

💞🎧

Оффлайн Emiliya Boyko

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #2615 : 08 мая 2018, 10:26:14 »
                                                                 p.23 ex.V (north,south,east,west)
1.The eastern half of the Russian Federation consists mainly of low plains,while the greatest part of the western half of the country is covered with mountain chains.
2.In Siberia the biggest rivers are the Ob,the Yenissey and the Lena. They flow northward through a vast area parallel to one another.

Оффлайн Elly

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
  • domina familia
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #2614 : 08 мая 2018, 10:20:58 »
                                                                      Ex. V p. 23

3. The St.Petersburg region lies to the north of  Moscow.
4. The highest mountains are situated in the south-east and thePamirs in Asia
💞🎧

• Ветеран
  • Вьетнам меняет людей
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #2613 : 08 мая 2018, 10:17:42 »
                                                             ex V page 23
5. Russia  boders on Norway, Finland, the Baltic staites, Belorussia, the Ukraine in the west.
6. The Russian Federation is washed by the Pacific Ocean in the east.
7. In the east the Amur flows into the Pacific.

Оффлайн Roman

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #2612 : 03 мая 2018, 14:18:28 »
Йеми , can you check my work?
Сообщение направил!

Оффлайн K. So.

• Ветеран
  • Никто
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #2611 : 03 мая 2018, 13:52:13 »
                                                                                                                                                                        Moscow
                                                                                                                                                                          Russia
                                                                                                                                                                  03/05/2018
Dear Ann,
   Thank you for your last letter, I was glad to hear from you. Sorry, I haven`t written you for a long time, but I was busy at my school lately.
   Now, I am ready to answer your questions. The most popular indoor sport with teenagers in my country is MMA. It is some kind of wrestling. I think, teenagers often do extreme sports because they are young and they want to try everything in this life. As for me, I like figure skating most of all.
   Sorry, but I have to go and help my sister with her homework. I`m looking forward for your reply.
   Best wishes,
   Kseni

Оффлайн Roman

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #2610 : 03 мая 2018, 13:48:45 »
                                                          GRAMMAR EXERCISES
                                                          EXERCISE I PAGE -4-
1. I begin working.
2. I start the story.
3. I finish my job.
4. I continue to work on the translation.
5. I go on to relax.
6. I stop in front of the house.
7. I like to look at nature.
8. I enjoy to read books.
9. I hate enemies.
10. I prefer talking.
11. I insist on making a purchase.
12. I give up loving nature.
13. I look forward to summer.
14. I think of love about my mom.

1. He began speaking with confidence.
2. Don't you start telling tales out of school.
3. When we finished dinner we went on talking.
4. Nice day for a walk if you like walking!
5. They went on talking shop and I could hardly follow them.
6. I wonder why he hates speaking to strangers.
7. I enjoy driving the car along the motorway.
8. He preferred keeping silent.
9. He stopped reading and sat thinking hard for a while.
10. I insist on speaking to her.
11. I'm looking forward to going on holiday.
12. I advise you to give up smoking.
13. I would never think of quarreling with you.
14. Their bang bang* continued firing till almost the last man had fallen /H.C. Bywater/. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
* You said we wouldn't write the word " G.   U.      N.    S." or else we'd block the page.
Сообщение направил!

Оффлайн Elly

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
  • domina familia
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #2609 : 03 мая 2018, 13:47:41 »
   Hello Ann. Thank u for your last letter. Sorry that i dont writting u long time. I was bizy.  How are u. I remembere u moved ... in last week. Right? Did u like your new home?  Did u find friends in new school? If u not bizy, can u send me a pic. of  your new house, new school, new friends. I hope u happy there.
    U know i have news too. My older brother has got a new hobby - he collecting coins. I think this hobby is boring. I would like him to spend more time outdoors. But, if he like it...go on. I think most popular sport in my country is...footbal and basketball. Teenagers do extreme sport, because it's dangerous. My favourite sport is basketball. So i need to go. I think u read my letter! Bye.

From Ella with love.

💞🎧

• Ветеран
  • Вьетнам меняет людей
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #2608 : 03 мая 2018, 13:46:14 »
Dear Ann,
   Thanks for your last letter, and sorry I couldn’t answer you earlier.
Don’t worry about your brother, I’m sure he knows what he is doing. In my country many young people and adults choose different indoor sports to be strong, such as: pool, climbing, parkour so on.I think that the reason why teenagers usually choose dangerous sport is that they have to obtain adrenaline and they have too much energy to spend .Sport in some sense can be dangerous, but if you are a professional, then the sport will likely give you only good.
   Actually, I also like extreme sports: I do mountain ski every season also i like free riding.
 Write back soon.
  Yours friend,
 Misha