Автор Тема: Тонкий английский юмор  (Прочитано 250598 раз)

Оффлайн born to be wild

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
Re: Тонкий английский юмор
« Ответ #750 : 22 апреля 2017, 12:09:14 »
The National Institute of Health (NIH) announced last week that they were going to start using lawyers instead of rats in their experiments. Naturally, the American Bar Association was outraged and filed suit. Yet, the NIH presented some very good reasons for the switch.

1. The lab assistants were becoming very attached to their little rats. This emotional involvement was interfering with the research being conducted. No such attachment could form for a lawyer.

2. Lawyers breed faster and are in much greater supply.

3. Lawyers are much cheaper to care for and the humanitarian societies won't jump all over you no matter what you're studying.

4. There are some things even a rat won't do.

Оффлайн born to be wild

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #749 : 16 апреля 2017, 15:33:57 »
Deal.

Оффлайн Ann

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #748 : 16 апреля 2017, 13:38:59 »
                                            To born to be wild

An airliner was having engine trouble, and the pilot instructed the cabin crew to have the passengers take their seats and get prepared for an emergency landing.
A few minutes later, the pilot asked the flight attendants if everyone was buckled in and ready.
"All set back here, Captain," came the reply, "except the lawyers are still going around passing out business cards."
     "Passing out business cards". It reminded me of returning back into our life the business cards: they could be used accidentally. Please, tаке саre of it.

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #747 : 15 апреля 2017, 21:27:35 »

Оффлайн born to be wild

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #746 : 15 апреля 2017, 12:42:53 »
An airliner was having engine trouble, and the pilot instructed the cabin crew to have the passengers take their seats and get prepared for an emergency landing.

A few minutes later, the pilot asked the flight attendants if everyone was buckled in and ready.

"All set back here, Captain," came the reply, "except the lawyers are still going around passing out business cards."

Оффлайн Arsenovna

• Ветеран
  • Die Welt gehört demjenigen, der sich darüber freut
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #745 : 10 апреля 2017, 16:40:11 »
Ann, I agree. A good lawyer should be wise, intelligent, open minded and a bit risky! A successful lawyer should have good written communication skills and also be a good listener. He must also be able to write clearly, persuasively and concisely, as he must produce a variety of legal documents.

I certainly share your general approach to the lawyers,  but the idea of the lawyers having no brains  seems to me to be doubtful. They do have enough brains to run every situation in nowadays world.
[/qu]ote

Оффлайн Ann

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #744 : 09 апреля 2017, 23:41:40 »
A man went to a brain store to get some brain to complete a study. He sees a sign remarking on the quality of professional brain offerred at this particular brain store. He begins to question the butcher about the cost of these brains.

"How much does it cost for engineer brain?"
"Three dollars an ounce."
"How much does it cost for programmer brain?"
"Four dollars an ounce."
"How much for lawyer brain?"
"$1,000 an ounce."
"Why is lawyer brain so much more?"
"Do you know how many lawyers we had to kill to get one ounce of brain?"

I certainly share your general approach to the lawyers,  but the idea of the lawyers having no brains  seems to me to be doubtful. They do have enough brains to run every situation in nowadays world.

Оффлайн born to be wild

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #743 : 08 апреля 2017, 10:08:28 »
A man went to a brain store to get some brain to complete a study. He sees a sign remarking on the quality of professional brain offerred at this particular brain store. He begins to question the butcher about the cost of these brains.

"How much does it cost for engineer brain?"

"Three dollars an ounce."

"How much does it cost for programmer brain?"

"Four dollars an ounce."

"How much for lawyer brain?"

"$1,000 an ounce."

"Why is lawyer brain so much more?"

"Do you know how many lawyers we had to kill to get one ounce of brain?"

Оффлайн DAЛ$

• Эй, гайс у меня все nice
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #742 : 01 апреля 2017, 20:30:19 »

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #741 : 30 марта 2017, 14:45:13 »
Waiter, waiter, what soup is this?

It's bean soup, sir.

I don't care what it was. I want to know what it is now.

Оффлайн Arsenovna

• Ветеран
  • Die Welt gehört demjenigen, der sich darüber freut
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #740 : 28 марта 2017, 01:03:28 »
I guess I know those guys too :biggrin:

I know several people who have already started speaking Euro-English  :biggrin:

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #739 : 27 марта 2017, 17:05:41 »
Great Motivation

An Old man who had 8 hair on his head went into  a Barber shop.
Barber in anger asked:
shall i cut or count ?
Old man smiled and said:
"Colour it!"

Оффлайн DAS

• Ist Fantastisch
  • Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #738 : 19 марта 2017, 15:51:01 »

After zis fifz yer, ve vil hav a reli sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi to understand ech ozer. Ze drem vil finali kum tru! And zen world!

I know several people who have already started speaking Euro-English  :biggrin:

Оффлайн Элис

• Ветеран
  • Подруга ветра
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #737 : 19 марта 2017, 00:23:04 »
опа...а можно в личку, а то прям на ум ничего и не пришло

Мне тоже ничего не пришло, я таких страшных и неприличных слов и предметов не знаю! ::)
Надо придумать вместе))
В детстве я нажралась отравы для тараканов - и теперь у меня в голове их нет!

Оффлайн born to be wild

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #736 : 18 марта 2017, 13:11:42 »
The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the EU rather than German which was the other possibility.

As part of the negotiations, Her Majesty's Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a five year phase-in plan that would be known as "Euro-English".

In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard "c" will be dropped in favour of the "k". This should klear up konfusion and keyboards kan have 1 less letter.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year, when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with "f". This will make words like "fotograf" 20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be ekspekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkorage the removal of double letters, which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of the silent "e"s in the language is disgraseful, and they should go away.

By the fourth year, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with "z" and "w" with "v". During ze fifz year, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou" and similar changes vud of kors be aplid to ozer kombinations of leters.

After zis fifz yer, ve vil hav a reli sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi to understand ech ozer. Ze drem vil finali kum tru! And zen world!