Автор Тема: Short texts for reading  (Прочитано 781503 раз)

Цыкунов Олег

• Гость
Re: Short texts for reading
« Ответ #792 : 09 февраля 2016, 11:39:21 »
Moscow,
Russia,
the 09th of February,
Hi,Tom. I'm very glad to read from you. You say that you was in the mountains last summer. As usual,i take a fort-night active holidays. I think that my family is the best company for you. As for me,i'm afraid of extreme sports but,i think,it is very funful. i'd prefer mountain skiing,snowbording,surfing and so on. i know accedences when people fall,break their arms and legs. it can be dangerous. I've been to the mountains in Crimie. By the way,did the teather like your letter? What news are in your country? Did you like the project? I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
Best wishes,
Oleg.

Оффлайн Ivan Pirtskhalava

• Пользователь
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #791 : 09 февраля 2016, 11:38:43 »
9 February
Moscow, Russia

Dear Tom,

Thank you very much for your letter. Sorry, I haven’t written for a long time because I’ve been busy preparing for my final exams.
It’s nice to hear that you had this kind of active holiday. As for me, I am an active person too.I always like to travel somewhere to attract myself. I prefer to travel with my big family. To tell you the truth, extreme sports doesn’t suit me. I think, that it is dangerous and very risky.
I’m so happy to hear that you had such an interesting topic at school. What events did you use as an example in your essay? How many words did you write? What mark did you get for it?
Sorry, I must get on with my studies. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Best wishes,
Ivan

Оффлайн Luisa

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #790 : 08 февраля 2016, 21:05:48 »
     P.17  ex. VI
 1. Post office? No, it only goes as far as the river. You want a 12
 2. University? No, it only goes as far as the odeon. You want a 86
 3. Technical college? No, it only goes as far as the castle. You want a 27
 4. Clock tower? No, it only goes as far as Duke Street. You want a 25
 5. Park Avenue? No, it only goes as far as Seventh Avenue. You want a 192

Оффлайн Sergevna

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #789 : 08 февраля 2016, 20:39:11 »
The Architect

One Sunday, an architect visited Seoul, Korea. He was there for a conference but had all
Sunday to explore the city. He decided to take a taxi around the city and see lots of sites.
He paid the taxi driver $100 and said, “Take me around Seoul and show me all the sites”
The taxi driver was very happy for the business and started driving. Immediately, they saw a
big, beautiful palace.
The architect said in a loud voice (for he was from Texas). “What is the building?”
The taxi driver said, “That is Gyeongbokgung. It took almost 20 years to build!
“Ah, that’s nothing” replied the American. “We could build that in a year in America.
The driver continued driving. Suddenly the Texan saw a large domed building. He asked,
“What building is that?” The taxi driver said, “That is the National Assembly, it is the largest
in Asia.”
The architect replied, “Ah, that’s nothing. Back home, we could build that in a few weeks!”
The taxi driver continued driving. They passed a very high, gold building which shimmered
in the sun. The architect jumped up in his seat and screamed, “Oh my god! What building is
that?”
The taxi driver looked back at him and shook his head.
He said, “I DON’T KNOW. IT WASN’T THERE THIS MORNING!”

Оффлайн Sergevna

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #788 : 08 февраля 2016, 20:38:28 »
The Salesman

Henry Leech was a salesman. He was a good salesman and sold lots of vacuum cleaners. One
week, the manager sent Henry into the countryside to sell.
He drove out of town and stopped at a farmhouse. He knocked on the door and the farmer’s
wife opened it. Henry started into his speech immediately.
“Mam, how much time do you spend sweeping the floors? “
“A lot of time. This is a farm and things get dirty quickly.” said the woman.
“And how much time do you spend beating the carpets?” asked Henry.
“A lot of time. This house gets dusty and my dog also lays on them”
“Well” said Henry, “This is your lucky day.”
Henry showed her his vacuum cleaner and said,
“You can clean the house in 5 minutes with this!”
The farmer’s wife didn’t look interested.
Henry took out a big bag of dirt. He opened it and threw it all over the floor. The farmer’s
wife was very surprised. Before she could speak Henry said, “ Mam, if this machine doesn’t
pick up every last piece of dirt, I will eat all of it!!!!!”
The farmer’s wife looked at Henry and said,
“WELL, I WILL GET YOU A SPOON.
WE HAVE NO ELECTRICITY.”

Оффлайн Sergevna

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #787 : 08 февраля 2016, 20:37:45 »
The Genie

A Frenchman, an Englishman and a German were travelling in a boat from France to
Australia. Unfortunately, the boat sank but the three men swam to a small island.
There was nobody on the island and the men waited for two months. No boat came to rescue
them. They were very unhappy.
“We will have to live here forever.” said the Englishman
“ We will have to eat bananas every day.” said the German
“We will never see our families again.” said the Frenchman.
One day, while walking along the beach, they found a bottle. They opened the bottle and out
came a genie. The genie said, “Thank you for letting me out of the bottle. I was inside for
500 years! Now I am free. I will give you each one wish.”
The German said, “I want to be back in German at a soccer game. With a beer and sausage
and singing songs in the stadium.”
“POOF”, “Your wish is granted” said the genie. The German was back in Germany.
The Frenchman said, “I want to be at the dinner table with my family in France, eating
cheese, drinking wine.”
“POOF”, “Your wish is granted” said the genie. The Frenchman was back in France.
The Englishman just looked at the genie. The genie said, “Hurry up! I want to enjoy my
freedom.”
The Englishman thought for a moment and said, “I am rather lonely here. Can you bring back
my two friends?”
“Poof”, the German and the Frenchman were back on theisland.

Оффлайн Amelia_K

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #786 : 03 февраля 2016, 22:15:12 »
Second part....

Yaroslav's youngest son, the famous commander Alexander Nevsky, was bom, was brought up ruled on the land of Pereslavl. The Pereslavl is the place where the nature encourages a man to think over his soul being and his destination in this world. It looks as ifthe Pereslavl region was meant for this purpose Once there were twelve monasteries and hundreds ofchurches in the town and its surroundings. Since then things have changed, but it still remains the place of many museums, churches and monasteries, many painters and sculptors. There is no other place in the world equal to Pereslavl because there is nowhere you can find so much culture per head and per metre. one square The population of the town is only 42 000 people. The is 20 square
area kilometers. :tarakan:

Оффлайн ArtemRezanov

• Ветеран
  • Артём
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #785 : 02 февраля 2016, 18:19:55 »
Homework
Tests
(A Storyteller)1.A 2.B 3.D 4.A 5.B 6.B 7.B
(New York City: Nostalgia for the Old Neighbourhood)1.B 2.A 3.D 4.A 5.B 6.A 7.D
(To Hear A Child)1.A 2.C 3.B 4.C 5.C 6.A 7.C
(Bo)1.B 2.D 3.B 4.C 5.B 6.C 7.A

Оффлайн Amelia_K

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #784 : 02 февраля 2016, 14:11:30 »
p.30
A small Russian Town  When we speak about a country we usually speak about big cities, famous rivers,lakes,seas and oceans.We don`t often remember small things and places.Our country used to be rich in small towns, which were populated by hardworking,kind,talented and devoted people and this was our most important natural recources and a great advantage.
  Very few of them have survived on the vast territory of Russia.
One of themis Pereslavl-Zalessky, a small town situated on the bank of the Pleshcheyevo Lake.
  What is it famous for? It is famous for its history which dated back to many thousands of years ago.People came here following the ice-flow.Later the town Kleshchin was founded on a hill, and in 1152 was transferred by Yuri Dolgoruki to another place, to a lowland, a few kilometres further.Another name was given to it-Pereslavl-Zalessky. The new town became a strong fortress to defend the territory fron numerous enemies. It was surrounded bythe ring of earthen ramparts(кольцо земляных валов) of 10-16m. high and streching for 2,5km.
    Very soon under Vselovod the Big Nest and his son Yaroslav, the town became a flourishing one, superior to any others. It grew into one of the most important cultural centres of Vladimir-Suzdal Rus.
     A group of serving educated people, icon painters and skilled wood-carvers worked under Yaroslav Vsevolodovich`s lordship.
 podderzka podderzka podderzka

Оффлайн Selena

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #783 : 02 февраля 2016, 14:10:40 »
                                                                 A Small Russian Town.

When we speak about big cities,famous rivers,lakes,seas and oceans.We don`t often remember small things and places.
Our country used to be rich in small towns,which were populated by hard-working,kind,talented and devoted peaple and this was our most important natural resources and a great advantage.
   Very few of them have survived on the vast territory of Russia.One of them is Pereslavl-Zalessky,a small town situated on the bank of the Pleshcheyevo Lake.
   What is it famous for?It is famous for its history which dated back to many thousands of years ago.Peaple came here following tr ice-flow.Later the town Kleshchin was founded on a hill,and in 1152 was transferred by Yuri Dolgoruki to another place,to a lowland,a few kilometers further.Another name was given to it - Pereslavl-Zalessky.The new town became a strong fortress to defend the territory from numerous enemies.It was surrounded by the ring of earthen ramparts of 10-16 m. high and streching for 2,5 km.
   Very soon undef Vsevolod the Big Nest and his son Yaroslav,the town became a flourishing one, superior to any others.It grew into one of the most important cultural centers of Vladimir-Suzdal Rus.

Оффлайн Мой Господин

• Гроза Района
  • Новичок
  • Альфач района!
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #782 : 02 февраля 2016, 14:01:45 »
                                                                                      Pg 30
                                                                       1. A small Russian Town
When we speak about a country we usually speak about big cities, famous rivers, lakes, and oceans We don't often remember small things and places Our seas populated by hard-working country used to be rich in small towns, which were important natural resources kind talented and devoted people and this wasоurmost and a great advantage. Very few ofthem have survived on the vast territory of Russia one of them is Pereslavl-Zalessky, a small town situated on the bank of the Pleshcheyevo Lake. What is it famous for? It is famous for its history which dated back to many thousands of People here following the ice-flow Later the town years ago. came Kleshchin in 1152 was transferred by Yuri Dolgonki to was founded on a hill, and another place, to a lowland, a few kilometers further. Another name was given to it Pereslavl-Zalessky. The new town became a strong fortress to defend the territory from numerous enemies. It surrounded by the ring of earthen ramparts of 10-16m. high and stretching for 2.5km. Very soon under Vsevolod the Big Nest and his son Yaroslav, the town became a flourishing one, superior to any others. It grew into one of the most important cultural centres of Vladimir-Suzdal Rus. A group of serving educated people, icon painters and skilled wood-carvers worked under Yaroslav Vsevolоdovich's lordship. Yaroslav's youngest son, the famous commander Alexander Nevsky, was bom, was brought up ruled on the land of Pereslavl. The Pereslavl is the place where the nature encourages a man to think over his soul being and his destination in this world. It looks as ifthe Pereslavl region was meant for this purpose Once there were twelve monasteries and hundreds ofchurches in the town and its surroundings. Since then things have changed, but it still remains the place of many museums, churches and monasteries, many painters and sculptors. There is no other place in the world equal to Pereslavl because there is nowhere you can find so much culture per head and per metre. one square The population of the town is only 42 000 people. The is 20 sq area kilometers
И помните, если судьба свела вас со мной, значит настало время платить за свои грехи!

Оффлайн That Guy

• Ветеран
  • ?
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #781 : 02 февраля 2016, 10:49:13 »
Page 6     Ex.6

2. I felt someone's watching me and i didn't like it.
4. I heard he has passed his exams and gone to the sea.
6. Your friend is somewhere here. I saw him enter the hall.
8. Everybody saw him swimming in the river in bitterly cold weather.
9. Nobody noticed, how i left the hotel, sat into the taxi and went to the airport.

Оффлайн Vladb

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #780 : 02 февраля 2016, 10:46:13 »
#6 P.6

1. I watched him came to the room and took the phone.
3. He is a skillful driver. - Really? I have never seen his driving.
5. I have never heard you singing.
7. I see you are tired. How about stoping working?
9. Nobody notied me leave the hotel, took the taxi and went to the airport. 

Оффлайн KateRoz

• Постоялец
  • 228 48
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #779 : 02 февраля 2016, 10:45:31 »
1.I notise him came up to the table, and genry take a phone. 3. "He is a very expiriense driver " Really ? Is a pity, I ve never seen him driving a car. 5. I ve never heard you re singing. 7. I see you are tired. It is time to finish working, I m right ? 9.Somebody noticed me live the hotel, took a taxi , and went to the aireport.

Оффлайн Alfred Nobel

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #778 : 02 февраля 2016, 10:44:33 »
p.6 ex.6
1. I watched him come up to the table and slowly take a phone
2."He is a very skilled driver"-"Really? Sorry, I have never seen him driving a car"
3. I have never heard you singing
4.I see you are tired. Maybe you should stop working
5.Nobody noticed me leave the hotel,take a taxi and go to the airport
6. I felt someone watching me,and i didn't like it.
7.I heard,he had past his exams and gone to the sea.
7.Your friend is somewhere here.I saw him entering the hall.
8.Everyone saw him swimming in the river in the very cold weather.
9.Nobody noticed,me,leave the hotel,take a taxi and go to the airport.