Автор Тема: Short texts for reading  (Прочитано 781360 раз)

Оффлайн СКРИПТОНИТ

• ваще четкий пацан
  • Постоялец
  • четкий пацан
    • Просмотр профиля
Re: Short texts for reading
« Ответ #507 : 10 ноября 2015, 10:46:41 »
                                                                        how i spend my holidays
I spend my holidays in EUROCLUB.In EuroClub i feel right at home.I met my old friends.I went to EuroClub with my friends.In EuroClub every day there was a difrent theme for each day.I have a rest in this wonderful place.I didnt read books.I live in room wiht my best friends.Im happy in EC
йоу

Оффлайн arw

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #506 : 10 ноября 2015, 10:36:35 »
                                                             How I spent my last holiday?
Seasonal holiday are simply necessary for our body and mind, as well as good sleep. That’s why four times a year we have a rest. Winter holidays last for almost two weeks. Summer holidays are the longest. They last up to three months. Autumn and spring holidays last for only one week. It is still enough time to relax and get ready for the new academic term. Every year during autumn holiday we go somewhere hot. It is rather cold in Moscow in November and we find it pleasant to transfer temporarily to sunny and warm places. Last year, for example, we spent the autumn holiday week in Turkey at the five-star hotel. The weather was fantastic. People were still swimming in the sea and I joined them. My parents preferred playing outdoor games, such as ping-pong and darts. I managed to get suntanned during this week. The hotel staff was very nice to us. I wish we could stay a little longer. In the evening the entertainers organized concerts and various shows. Once we saw the show with a real snake. Another night was dedicated to Turkish music and dancing. The local food was delicious. I especially liked the fruit and dessert.  I  REMEBRED this holiday

Оффлайн Марианна

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #505 : 10 ноября 2015, 10:32:55 »
                                                           MY LAST HOLIDAYS
I spent my holidays so nicely. I was in Moscow in VDNH, at the oceanarium. There I saw sharks, some fish, whale, skates and etc. of course, I spent my holidays with my family and friends. I walked at the park Museon and the Red Square. I saw many films with my friend, one of them was just not that into. It is my favourite film of comedy. The wather was nice, it was cold, but sun was bright. It was a good weather for met with freinds. I waited this holiday since the 1st of October. I study in the 9th form and it's so hard for me, because we have state exams this year. I spend a lot of energy on this. And holidays is a chance for relax. I can do everything that I want. Now, I have a lot of energy for this quarter. I spent my holiday so nicely, as for me it was too small. If I had things my way I would spend more holidays. And now, I'm looking forward to the winter holidays.  :tarakan: I have a lot of plans for the New Year and Christmas. I missed schoo so muchl: English-lessons and monitoring of students.

Оффлайн Sergevna

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #504 : 08 ноября 2015, 14:43:40 »
A Dish of Ice Cream

In the days when an ice cream sundae cost much less, a 10 year old boy entered a hotel coffee shop and sat at a table. A waitress put a glass of water in front of him.

“How much is an ice cream sundae?”

“50 cents,” replied the waitress.

The little boy pulled his hand out of his pocket and studied a number of coins in it.

“How much is a dish of plain ice cream?” he inquired. Some people were now waiting for a table and the waitress was a bit impatient.

“35 cents,” she said brusquely.

The little boy again counted the coins. “I’ll have the plain ice cream,” he said.

The waitress brought the ice cream, put the bill on the table and walked away. The boy finished the ice cream, paid the cashier and departed.

When the waitress came back, she began wiping down the table and then swallowed hard at what she saw.

There, placed neatly beside the empty dish, were 15 cents – her tip.

Оффлайн Sergevna

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #503 : 08 ноября 2015, 14:41:59 »
Potatoes, Eggs, and Coffee Beans

Once upon a time a daughter complained to her father that her life was miserable and that she didn’t know how she was going to make it. She was tired of fighting and struggling all the time. It seemed just as one problem was solved, another one soon followed.

Her father, a chef, took her to the kitchen. He filled three pots with water and placed each on a high fire. Once the three pots began to boil, he placed potatoes in one pot, eggs in the second pot, and ground coffee beans in the third pot.

He then let them sit and boil, without saying a word to his daughter. The daughter, moaned and impatiently waited, wondering what he was doing.

After twenty minutes he turned off the burners. He took the potatoes out of the pot and placed them in a bowl. He pulled the eggs out and placed them in a bowl.

He then ladled the coffee out and placed it in a cup. Turning to her he asked. “Daughter, what do you see?”

“Potatoes, eggs, and coffee,” she hastily replied.

“Look closer,” he said, “and touch the potatoes.” She did and noted that they were soft. He then asked her to take an egg and break it. After pulling off the shell, she observed the hard-boiled egg. Finally, he asked her to sip the coffee. Its rich aroma brought a smile to her face.

“Father, what does this mean?” she asked.

He then explained that the potatoes, the eggs and coffee beans had each faced the same adversity– the boiling water.

However, each one reacted differently.

The potato went in strong, hard, and unrelenting, but in boiling water, it became soft and weak.

The egg was fragile, with the thin outer shell protecting its liquid interior until it was put in the boiling water. Then the inside of the egg became hard.

However, the ground coffee beans were unique. After they were exposed to the boiling water, they changed the water and created something new.

“Which are you,” he asked his daughter. “When adversity knocks on your door, how do you respond? Are you a potato, an egg, or a coffee bean? “

Moral:In life, things happen around us, things happen to us, but the only thing that truly matters is what happens within us.

Which one are you?

Оффлайн Sergevna

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #502 : 08 ноября 2015, 14:39:16 »
Everyone Has a Story in Life

A 24 year old boy seeing out from the train’s window shouted…

“Dad, look the trees are going behind!”

Dad smiled and a young couple sitting nearby, looked at the 24 year old’s childish behavior with pity, suddenly he again exclaimed…

“Dad, look the clouds are running with us!”

The couple couldn’t resist and said to the old man…

“Why don’t you take your son to a good doctor?”The old man smiled and said…“I did and we are just coming from the hospital, my son was blind from birth, he just got his eyes today.

Every single person on the planet has a story. Don’t judge people before you truly know them. The truth might surprise you.

Оффлайн Sergevna

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #501 : 08 ноября 2015, 14:37:43 »
The Elephant Rope

As a man was passing the elephants, he suddenly stopped, confused by the fact that these huge creatures were being held by only a small rope tied to their front leg. No chains, no cages. It was obvious that the elephants could, at anytime, break away from their bonds but for some reason, they did not.

He saw a trainer nearby and asked why these animals just stood there and made no attempt to get away. “Well,” trainer said, “when they are very young and much smaller we use the same size rope to tie them and, at that age, it’s enough to hold them. As they grow up, they are conditioned to believe they cannot break away. They believe the rope can still hold them, so they never try to break free.”

The man was amazed. These animals could at any time break free from their bonds but because they believed they couldn’t, they were stuck right where they were.

Like the elephants, how many of us go through life hanging onto a belief that we cannot do something, simply because we failed at it once before?

Failure is part of learning; we should never give up the struggle in life.

Оффлайн yemi

• Модератор
  • Ветеран
  • Don't worry about a thing, 'cos every little......
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #500 : 06 ноября 2015, 16:56:49 »
Hello Dear pupils,
I hope you all have been having a splendid and wonderful holiday so far! Furthermore, I hope you enjoy the remaining few days as well))))))!
I'm really looking forward to your active participation in the new EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM '' Internet Homework'' upon resumption.
See you guys soon!
'Yemi

Оффлайн Ivan Pirtskhalava

• Пользователь
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #499 : 28 октября 2015, 21:37:47 »
                                                                               HOMEWORK

PAGE 18 EXERCISE 8

1 You'd better solve this problem by yourself instead of asking me to do it. 2 In the past communication problems were solved very simply than nowadays:there was only one diplomatic language and professional diplomats didn't need any interpreters. 3  "Have you ever participated in international negotiations?"-Yes,a year ago,as an interpreter. 4 The interpreter must possess the number of other qualities like: a  great knowledge of languages and of as many technical subjects as possible,mental readjustment,good memory,presence of mind etc. 5 I'd like to clarify the point at first and only then do it. 6 He'd rather study Chinese than English. 7 There are two types of interpreting:simultaneous  and consecutive.Which of them do you prefer to study?

Оффлайн Мой Господин

• Гроза Района
  • Новичок
  • Альфач района!
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #498 : 28 октября 2015, 20:59:34 »
                                                                                  pg. 32 ex. 11   
1. There are 6 continents in the world. It is: Eurasia, North America, South America, Australia, Antarctica, Africa. They are washed by the Pacific Ocean, the Antlantic Ocean, the Antlantic Ocean and the Indian Ocean. The Pacific Ocean is the largest in the world. T longest river in the world is the Amazon.
2. The tirretory of the Russian Federation is 17 million sq km. The Russian Federation border is 100000 km. It is washed by the Baltic sea, the Black sea, the Azov sea, the Barencevo sea, Perchorskoye sea, the White sea, the Karskoye sea, the Laptens sea, the East-Sibirean sea, the Chukotscoe sea, the Beringovo sea, the Ohotscoe sea, the Japanese sea and the Caspian sea. The Russian Federation borders on the Norway, Finland, the Baltic States, Belorussia, the Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Georgia, Azerbaijan, China, Mongolia and Korea. I'm living in the Europe part. It is famous for the Red Square.
4. The most populous city in Russia are:Moscow, St. Petersburg and Novosibirsk. Yes, there is.
5. No. I havent this respect positions.
И помните, если судьба свела вас со мной, значит настало время платить за свои грехи!

Оффлайн Amelia_K

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #497 : 28 октября 2015, 20:51:16 »
                                                           p.32 Ex.12
                                                              Test
1.Six continents in the world.
Africa,Australia,North America,Antarctica,South America,Europe-Asia.
They washed by The Pacific Ocean,The Indian Ocean,The Arctic Ocean,The Atlantic Ocean.
The largest ocean is the Pacific Ocean.
The longest river is the Amazon.
2.The Russian Federation covers one-seventh world`s land area and ocuppies over seventeen million square kilometres.
The length of border in The russian Federation is 11083,4 kilometres.
It`s washed by The Black Sea , The Azov Sea, The Baltic Sea,The Berentsovo Sea,The White Sea,The  Red Sea, The Caspian Sea, The Laptev Sea , The East-Siberian Sea,The Lyons Sea,The Okhotsk Sea,The Beringovo Sea,The  Karskoye Sea.
 The Russian Federation borders on the Norway, Finland, the Baltic States, Belorussia, the Ukraine.In the south this country borders on Khasakhstan,Georgia and Azerbaijan,in the south est on China,Mongolia and Korea.It is famous for its red square...
3.Geographic situation of Great Britain is the north-western part of Europe.
My first language is Russian,geographic situation of Russia is northestern part of Europe.
4.The densely regions are situated in Europian part of our country. The a where people don't live is situated near Siberia. The depends is the Instaction, Modern Eduacation school and ect. I prefer to live in Moscow.I love this country.
5.We must save Forests, economise electrisity and fresh water. Everyone must economies ennergical resourses for our world.
 :applodisment: :applodisment: :applodisment: :applodisment: :applodisment: :applodisment: :applodisment: :applodisment: :applodisment: :applodisment: :applodisment: :applodisment: :applodisment: :applodisment:
Peppa Pig

Оффлайн пирожок с малинкой🍓

• Старожил
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #496 : 28 октября 2015, 19:18:45 »
Homework.
Page 18, exercise 10.
1. You'd better solve this problem by yourself instead of asking me to do it.
2. In the past communication problems were solved very simply: there was only one diplomatic language, and all professional diplomats didn't need interpreters.
3. - Have you ever participated in negotiations?
- Yes, a year ago, I participated as an interpreter.
4. An interpreter should have the following qualities: a knowledge of languages, an of as many technical subjects as possible, an extensive knowledge of technical terms and also a constant and difficult mental readjusment, a good memory and presence of mind.
5. I'd prefer to clarify the issue first and then do something.
6. He doesn't want to study Chinese, but he does want to study English.
7. There two types of interpreters: simultaneous and consecutive. Which of them would you prefer to learn?

Оффлайн Babkova_ira

• Пользователь
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #495 : 28 октября 2015, 17:50:50 »
HOMEWORK
Page 18, exercise 10.
1. You'd better solve this problem by yourself instead of asking me to do it.
2. In the past communication problems were solved very simply: there was only one diplomatic language, and all professional diplomats didn't need interpreters.
3. - Have you ever participated in negotiations?
    - Yes, year ago, I participated as an interpreter.
4. An interpreter should have the following qualities: a knowledge of languages, an of as many technical subjects as possible, an extensive knowledge of technical terms and also a constant and difficult mental readjusment, a good memory and presence of mind.
5. I'd prefer to clarify the issue first and then do something.
6.  He doesn't want to study Chinese, but he does want to study English.
7. There two types of interpreters: simultaneous and consecutive. Which of them would you prefer to learn?

Оффлайн Nicksuperrocker

• Rock'n'Roll Forever
  • Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #494 : 28 октября 2015, 17:39:38 »
                                                                              Ex.4 (page 15)
1. Does a translator's work appeal to you? -- Yes, I've done quite a bit of translating and made up my mind to follow in this line.
2. Does a teacher's work appeal to you? -- Yes, I've done quite a bit of teaching and made up my mind to follow in this line.
3. Does a typist's work appeal to you? -- Yes, I've done quite a bit of typing and made up my mind to follow in this line.
4. Does an editor's work appeal to you? -- Yes, I've done quite a bit of editing and made up my mind to follow in this line.
5. Does a flight interpreter's work appeal to you? -- Yes, I've done quite a bit of interpreting during the flights and made up my mind to follow in this line.
                                                                              Ex.5 (page 15)
1. It would be better for you to solve the problem by yourself instead of asking me to do it.
You'd better solve the problem by yourself instead of asking me to do it.
2. It would be better for you not to take offence at me.
You'd better not take offence at me.
3. It would be better for us to view the matter in this aspect.
We'd better view the matter in this aspect.
4. It would be better for you to remark upon the matter.
You'd better remark upon the matter.
5. It would be better for you to approach the ambassador himself.
You'd better approach the ambassador himself.
6. It would be better for you to participate in the negotiations.
You'd better participate in the negotiations.
7. It would be better for you to get rid of the stage fright as soon as possible if you want to be an interpreter.
You'd better get rid of the stage fright as soon as possible if you want to be an interpreter.
                                                                      KABEWM!

Оффлайн ArtemRezanov

• Ветеран
  • Артём
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #493 : 27 октября 2015, 21:06:42 »
HOMEWORK
P.18 Ex.10
1. You'd better solve the problem by yourself instead of asking me to do it.
2. In a past, communication problems were solved very simply: there was only one diplomatic language , and all proffessional diplomats were conducted international affairs without any interpreters.
3. "Have you ever participated in international negotiations?" - "Yes, one year ago, like an interpreter."
4. An interpreter must possess the following qualities: a knowledge of languages and as many technical terms as possible, skill of mental readjustment, good memory, presense of mind and so on.
5. I'd rather to find out answer to question to the end, and after to do smth.
6. He didn't want to learn Chinese, but want to learn English.
7. There are two types of interpretation: simultaneous and consecutive.Which of them you prefer to learn?