Автор Тема: News  (Прочитано 257003 раз)

Оффлайн V.B.

• Генеральный директор
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
Re: News
« Ответ #998 : 14 декабря 2020, 13:57:51 »
+ 
3. What Holidays do You Like Best of All?

Best of all I like New Year and Victory Day. New Year is the most fantastic holiday in the world. However, Victory Day is more important for us, the citizens of this country. We won victory over fascist Germany and thus preserved the independence of the Soviet people and saved them from slavery.
     The New Year is famous for Ded Moroz,  Snegourochka and other wonderful characters who come to our homes and schools with the purpose of giving us presents, congratulating us and wishing us the best of everything.
     On Victory Day, we watch the military parade in Red Square and participate in the Bessmertniy Polk (the Immortal Regiment) procession. Thousands of people all over this country march along the main streets of their cities and towns, carrying portraits of their beloved relatives who struggled against the fascists and won victory in the Great Patriotic War.     

Оффлайн V.B.

• Генеральный директор
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #997 : 13 декабря 2020, 14:39:29 »
    +       Grade 4, Unit 3. CUSTOMS. TRADITIONS. HOLIDAYS

III. Reading. Writing. Free Speech[

1.Easter in Russia

Easter in Russia is called Paskha. It is marked by a 40 (forty) day fast. On the night of Easter Orthodox Christians attend the night service in churches, some of them watch the night service in Cathedral of Christ the Savior (Собор Христа Спасителя) on television. Many of them go to churches in the day time. On Easter morning  and throughout the day people (believers and non-believers) congratulate each other by saying "Khristos Voskrese",  the answer to which is "Voistinu Voskrese". And we all eat coloured eggs and kulichi the whole Easter day.
     Everybody in this country knows what Paskha is, respects this tradition and considers it to be one of the most important ones. 

2. The Army Day in Russia 

February 23 has been a special day in this country since long ago. It was celebrated in the Soviet Union and it is celebrated nowadays as one of the most popular traditions of this country.
    The holiday started as the Red Army day in 1918 and has been changing its name many times. Its current name is  Defendants of the Fatherland day.
     Whatever the changes are we all know that this is the day when all the male population of the country has the legal right to receive congratulations and gifts from their better halves. The men of this country have always been brave, clever and strong, in fact the best warriors in the world. They have been victorious in many wars and produced unbelievable discoveries in both science and industry over an unbelievably short period of time. Furthermore, they have created the cleverest literature and art in the world.

Оффлайн V.B.

• Генеральный директор
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #996 : 11 декабря 2020, 22:49:46 »
    +       Grade 4, Unit 3. CUSTOMS. TRADITIONS. HOLIDAYS

The Main Text

Victory Day. New Year

Our country is unique and so are its customs and traditions, which people have been practicing for a long time. We keep them and we are very proud of them.
     The most important holidays we celebrate in this country are Victory Day and New Year.
     We celebrate Victory Day on the 9th of May. On this day, in 1945  00:00 hours 43 minutes Moscow time, the act of surrender of the fascists was signed.
     It was the most terrible war in the history of the planet. It was started by fascist Germany on the 22nd of June 1941 and  lasted 4 years. It took away the lives of millions of our fathers, grandfathers and great-grandfathers. They won the war and gave us a chance to live and celebrate our peaceful holidays.

New Year is one of them. The tradition is to get the whole family together on the New Year eve and have a festive dinner. The festive dinner usually begins an hour or so before the New Year comes at 12 o'clock. We say "good bye" to the old year and  then welcome the new one. Celebrations include the lighting of the New Year tree, a visit of Ded Moroz (Grandfather Frost) and the opening of champagne. We clink glasses and say "Happy New Year!" to each other.

Active Vocabulary

1.  Unique                           уникальный
2.  To be proud of                гордиться (кем-либо, чем-либо)
3.  Victory Day                    День Победы
4.  The act of surrender       акт о капитуляции
5.  To sign                          подписывать
6.  Terrible                          ужасный
7.  War                               война
8.  To win (won, won)          побеждать, выигрывать                     
9.  To give smb. a chance     дать (кому-либо) возможность
10. Peaceful                        мирный
11. To get together              собираться вместе
12. Festive                          праздничный
13. Celebration                    празднование
      to celebrate                   
Руслану. Работать над этим юнитом, постоянно опираясь на Unit 3, Grade 3 - "Новый год". "Подтянуть" сюда лексику юнита 3, grade 3.   

Оффлайн asdfg

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #995 : 11 декабря 2020, 15:16:07 »
1st GRADE UNIT 3 MY HOME Maria

2nd GRADE UNIT 3 SEASONS and WEATHER Маria

3rd GRADE UNIT 3 CUSTOMS.TRADITIONS.HOLIDAYS Ruslan

4th GRADE UNIT 3 CUSTOMS.TRADITIONS.HOLIDAYS. Nikita

UPD

we all have secrets...

Оффлайн kondrasha96

• Ветеран
  • Патриций
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #994 : 11 декабря 2020, 15:04:02 »
UNIT 3 GRADE 1
UNIT 3 GRADE 2

Оффлайн asdfg

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #993 : 11 декабря 2020, 15:03:15 »
3rd GRADE, UNIT 4.  CINEMA, THEATRE, TELEVISION, INTERNET
III
Radio

Radio is one of the most wonderful discoveries made by human beings. It is the wireless transmission of sounds. This invention was the discovery of the 19th century. Priority in the invention of radio belongs to the Russian scientist Popov. On the 7th of May we celebrate Radio Day.
     The advantage of the radio is a low price. It is cheaper to buy a radio-receiver than PC or TV-set. Radio has some obvious disadvantages. The information couldn’t be supported by the picture. Pictures help us to percept information more intensive. Remember, a picture is worth a thousand words.
     We use radio to listen to the music on the way. It is not popular anymore, because radio is replaced by the Internet nowadays.
     But radio is still one of the most powerful parts of mass media systems.
we all have secrets...

Оффлайн asdfg

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #992 : 11 декабря 2020, 00:08:36 »
About Grammar - I suggest we introduce Past Indefinite into this unit. By the way there are many examples of it in the text.
Deal!

I also suggest you work on the additional texts (Reading, writing...)  including THEATRE, CINEMA .....
+

III. Reading. Writing. Free Speech

1. Cinema
     Cinema is a big part of our life. We usually go to the cinema when we want to see a super new film which is much talked about. But now, we have a chance to see new films at home, and we don’t bother about going to the cinema, standing in a queue and spending about 2 hours in stuffy cinema-hall.

2. Theatre
     My Mum says that with our TV sets at home we no longer need the Theatre and do not care whether it lives of dies. During the last forty years the theatre has had to meet three challenge — from cinema, radio, and television. All three produce drama of a sort; all possess important advantages. But without a living theatre movies and television plays would be very crude.

3. Radio
     There are many radio channels, and people have their favourite ones. They listen to them regularly. Some radio programs are especially interesting for the young. The success of the programs depends very much on the personality of the talk-show host. Sometimes radio listeners send emails (or even write letters) to the radio-studios and express their viewpoints, approve or disapprove of the program.
we all have secrets...

Оффлайн asdfg

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #991 : 11 декабря 2020, 00:04:08 »
Дополняется...
3rd GRADE, UNIT 4.  CINEMA, THEATRE, TELEVISION, INTERNET
Active Vocabulary

1.  To come into someone's lifeвойти в чью-то жизнь
2.  To become (became, become) cтановиться
3.  To bring (brought, brought)приносить
4.  A point of viewточка зрения
5.  To imagine представлять
6.  Сonvenient подходящий, удобный, пригодный
7.  Distance learning дистанционное обучение, дистант
8.  Need  п
9.  To connect toп
10.To miss скучать

we all have secrets...

Оффлайн info

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #990 : 10 декабря 2020, 23:41:49 »
  + 3rd GRADE, UNIT 4.  CINEMA, THEATRE, TELEVISION, INTERNET
The Main Texts
Television
     Television came into our life in the middle of the XX century,? and soon it became difficult to imagine our life without it. It brought the world into our living room.  It brought theartre and cinema into our homes. It helped us to learn of other countries, their customs, traditions and holidays.
     Our grandfathers and grandmothers sat glued to the TV screen...There was a point of view that television would do away with the theatre and cinema. But fortunately it hasn't!

Internet
     In the XXI century the internet came into our life. Nowadays it’s difficult to imagine our lives without it. Here is what Boris says about the Internet.
    "I stopped watching TV 2 years ago. I think it's not convenient. In the internet I can see the films I want and find the information I need. Besides, I can play computer games.
     Furthermore, I use the internet for distance learning. I connect to my teachers and do my homework with the help of the computer. It's a convenient form of education. However I started to miss my friends, my teachers and my school. In fact I am sick and tired of playing computer games and I want to play real games. And I want real education."

About Grammar - I suggest we introduce Past Indefinite into this unit. By the way there are many examples of it in the text. I also suggest you work on the additional texts (Reading, writing...)  including THEATRE, CINEMA .....

And Grammar! Will you add the Grammar points to the themes of the units in order to be able to see the whole structure.

Оффлайн asdfg

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #989 : 10 декабря 2020, 14:09:49 »
общая картина повтор поста 970
План работы + грамматика
1st Grade
UNIT 1.  My Toys +
UNIT 2.  My Family and I +
UNIT 3.  My Home
UNIT 4.  Meals
UNIT 5.  Animals
UNIT 6.  Time
UNIT 7.  The School I Go To
UNIT 8.  My Likes and Dislikes

2nd Grade
UNIT 1. My Family and I (to be, to have) +
UNIT 2. The School I Go To (Present Continuous) +
UNIT 3. Seasons and Weather (Present Simple and Present Continuous)
UNIT 4. Holidays. Day Off
UNIT 5. The Place I Live in
UNIT 6. Sports & Games
UNIT 7. Animals
UNIT 8. My Likes and Dislikes

3rd Grade
UNIT 1. Travelling (Modal Verbs) +
UNIT 2. Holidays. Day off (Past Simple, Past Continuous). +
UNIT 3. Customs.Traditions.Holidays (Present Simple, Present Continuous and Present Perfect)
UNIT 4. Cinema, Theatre, TV, Internet
UNIT 5. Sports & Games
UNIT 6. My Education
UNIT 7. Great People. Ivan Grozny

4th Grade
UNIT 1. Travelling (Present Simple,  Present Continuous) +
UNIT 2. The Internet (Present Perfect, Present Perfect Continuous) +
UNIT 3. CUSTOMS. TRADITIONS. HOLIDAYS  (Comparison of adjectives)
UNIT 4. Meals
UNIT 5. Sports and Games. Healthy Living
UNIT 6. My Education
UNIT 7. Great People. Peter the First

GRAMMAR
1) General and special questions
2) Question words
3) Affirmative and negative sentences
4) There is/are
5) Regular and irregular verbs -
6) Modal verbs
7) Singular and plural nouns
8) Articles
9) Prepositions -
10) I'd like to ... -
11) Imperative Sentences
12) Impersonal constructions -
13) Conjunctions -
14) Demonstrative pronouns (this/these, that/those) -
15) Adverbs -
16) Present Tenses
17) Past indefinite
18) Degrees of Comparison
we all have secrets...

Оффлайн asdfg

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #988 : 09 декабря 2020, 15:15:28 »
DRAFT
3rd GRADE, UNIT 4. CINEMA. THEATRE. TV. INTERNET

Television
     It is difficult to imagine our life without TV. TV helps us to relax after a day’s work. We can choose what we want to see. TV brings the world into our living room. We can learn more of other countries, customs, traditions, holidays, occupations.
     But some people think that it is a waste of time watching TV. Besides, it leads to poor health through rushed meals and lack of sleep. People begin to forget the art of communication. They sit glued to the TV screen instead of visiting their friends and relations. Many children forget to read books, making TV their main leisure activity. And you? Do you like watching TV?

It’s much more difficult to imagine our lives without the Internet, YouTube and other video websites. Here is what Boris says about the Internet.
     The Internet is absolutely wonderful! On the Internet I can search for the information on anything I like. I stopped watching TV completely 2 years ago. I'd state that TV makes you stupid. I'd rather read a book than watch TV.  I use the Internet for homework. It helps me to connect with my teachers during the distance learning. It's a very good form of education, but to be frank,

Active Vocabulary
1.    To imagine     представить
2.    To relax              расслабиться, отдохнуть после работы, успокоиться
3.    To choose( cho           выбирать
4.    A waste of time   трата времени
5.    The art of communication искусство общения
6.    To help   помогать
7.    To connect  связываться
8.    To search for   искать
9.    To be frank     честно
10.  To visit friends   посещать друзей   
Vocabulary Activisation and Speech Exercises

I.  Warming up exercise. Listen to the text and read it together with the speaker as many times as you need to do it at the speed of the speaker. Mind your pronunciation

II. Fill in the missing words

1. It is difficult … our life without TV. 2. TV … us to relax after a day’s work. 3. TV … the world into our living room. 4. We can learn more of other …, … , …. 5. People begin … the art of conversation. 6. They sit glued to the … . 7. Many children forget to read ….

III. Complete the sentences by quoting the text

1. It is difficult to imagine our life without … . 2. TV helps us to relax after … . 3. TV brings the world into our … . 4. We can learn more of other … . 5. Some people think that it is a waste … . 6. They sit glued to the TV screen instead of … . 7. Many children forget to read ….

IV. Answer the questions by quoiting the 1st text

1. Is it difficult to imagine our life without cinema TV, radio and theatre? 2. Does TV help us to relax after a day’s work? 3. Can we learn more of other countries, customs, occupations. 4. What do some people think? 5. Do many children forget to read books?

V. Translate the following sentences

1. Сложно представить нашу жизнь без телевидения. 2. Оно помогает нам расслабится после рабочего дня. 3. Мы можем многое узнать о других странах, обычаях и традициях. 4. Многие люди думают, что смотреть телевизор – пустая трата времени. 5. Люди начинают забывать об умении вести беседу. 6. Они «прилипают» к экрану телевизора вместо того чтобы сходить в гости к друзьям. 7. Большинство детей стали забывать читать книги.

VI.   Copy the text (in writing)

VII.   Reproduce the text

VIII.   Read, look up and say

"Hi, how about going to the cinema?"
    "Hello, good idea! When?
    "On Friday!"
    "What time?"
    "Seven o’clock"
     "Great! See you on Friday"
     "Bye!"
IX.   Listen to the text and say what is the text about

X.   Make up your own sentences (in writing) using the Active Vocabulary

XI.   Make up your story (based on text, in writing) Make sure there are no mistakes in it. Consult the teacher. Then reproduce the story in one-minute time

we all have secrets...

Оффлайн asdfg

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #987 : 07 декабря 2020, 20:56:23 »
3rd GRADE, UNIT 4. CINEMA. THEATRE. TV. INTERNET

III. Reading. Writing. Free Speech

1. Cinema
     Cinema is a big part of our life. We usually go to the cinema when we want to see a super new film which is much talked about. But now, we have a chance to see new films at home, and we don’t bother about going to the cinema, standing in a queue and spending about 2 hours in stuffy cinema-hall.

2. Radio
     There are many radio channels, and people have their favourite ones. They listen to them regularly. Some radio programs are especially interesting for the young. The success of the programs depends very much on the personality of the talk-show host. Sometimes radio listeners send emails (or even write letters) to the radio-studios and express their viewpoints, approve or disapprove of the program.

3. Theatre
     My Mum says that with our TV sets at home we no longer need the Theatre and do not care whether it lives of dies. During the last forty years the theatre has had to meet three challenge — from cinema, radio, and television. All three produce drama of a sort; all possess important advantages. But without a living theatre movies and television plays would be very crude.
we all have secrets...

Оффлайн asdfg

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #986 : 07 декабря 2020, 16:52:25 »

Television
     It is difficult to imagine our life without TV. TV helps us to relax after a day’s work. We can choose what we want to see. TV brings the world into our living room. We can learn more of other countries, customs, traditions, holidays, occupations.
     But some people think that it is a waste of time watching TV. Besides, it leads to poor health through rushed meals and lack of sleep. People begin to forget the art of communication. They sit glued to the TV screen instead of visiting their friends and relations. Many children forget to read books, making TV their main leisure activity. And you? Do you like watching TV?

we all have secrets...

Оффлайн asdfg

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #985 : 07 декабря 2020, 01:20:50 »

2nd GRADE
UNIT 1. My Family and I (To be, To have).
UNIT 2. The School I Go To (Present Continuous).
UNIT 3. Seasons and Weather (Present Continuous + Present Simple).
UNIT 4. Holidays. Day Off

3rd GRADE
UNIT 1. Travelling (Modal Verbs).
UNIT 2. Holidays. Day off (Past Simple, Past Continuous).
UNIT 3. Customs.Traditions. Holidays (Present Simple, Present Continuous and Present Perfect).
UNIT 4. Cinema, Theatre, TV, Internet

4th GRADE
UNIT 1. Travelling (Present Simple, Present Continuous).
UNIT 2. The Internet (Present Perfect, Present Perfect Continuous).
UNIT 3. Customs. Tradition. Нolidays (Comparison of Adjectives).
UNIT 4. Meals
we all have secrets...

Оффлайн asdfg

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #984 : 06 декабря 2020, 15:04:10 »
дополняется...
UNIT 3 GRADE 3 CUSTOMS. TRADITIONS. HOLIDAYS
Approval is needed
I. Vocabulary Activisation and Speech Exercises

I. Warming up exercise. Listen to the text and read it together with the speaker (as many times as you need to do it at the speed of the speaker). Mind your pronunciation

II. Complete the sentences by quoting the text
     1. Mary, John and Boris are sitting... . 2. Boris has just come from London, where his family... . 3. "We give presents to each other, we decorate a Christmas tree at home and... . 4. It falls on the first of January and the most important time ... . 5. I hope Ded Moroz ... .

III. Fill in the missing words
     1. "Our ... is New Year", John answers. 2. "Does he listen to you?" "Yes, he does if we ... ."  3. At midnight the Kremlin clock ... twelve times. 4.  I ... ... ... well and behaving myself since the beginning of the school year. 5. I ... Ded Moroz will grant my wish", John answered.

IV. Answer the questions by quoting the text

1. Are Mary, John and Boris sitting in the kitchen and talking? 2. What is John's favourite holiday? 3. What do Boris and his family usually do on the Christmas day? 4. What do children do? 5. Who will deliver the gifts?

V. Translate the following sentences
     1. В гостинной сидели и беседовали Мэри, Джон и Борис. 2. Борис только что вернулся из Лондона, где вместе с семьей праздновал свой любимый праздник.

VI. Copy the text (in writing)

VII. Reproduce the text

VIII. Read, look up and say
 1."Hello, John! How are you?"
   "I'm fine, thank you. And how are you?"
   "I'm fine, too."
   "What are you doing tomorrow?"
   "I'm going to the country house with my parents. We are celebrating the New Year there."

2. "The New Year is coming. Have you decorated the New Year tree?"
    "Oh, yes, we have. Our New Year tree is big and beautiful. Ded Moroz will place his presents under it."
    "Are you sure?"
    "Yes, I am. I studied well and I behaved myself. He is sure to come and grant my wish."

3. "Happy New Year!"
    "Same to you!"
    "Where are you celebrating the New Year?"
    " We are celebrating it as usual, at home."

4. The New Year morning
    "Hello! How are you this morning? Why are you looking so sad?"
    "I was waiting and waiting for Ded Moroz, but he hasn't come."
    " And who is there in the garden with a large sack on his shoulders?
    "Oh! This is him! Hurrah!"

Ded Moroz: "Here I am! I am happy', I did it! Too many children studied well and behaved themselves! So many presents to deliver!"

5. "Happy Christmas!"
    "Same to you!"

IX.  Listen to the text and say what the text is about

X. Make up your own sentences in writing using the Active Vocabulary

XI. Make up your story (based on the text, in writing). Make sure there are no mistakes in it. Consult the teacher. Then reproduce the story in one-minute time.

we all have secrets...